Rapture Forecast

Rocky Rivera

Given that the Bible is God-breathed, inspired by the Holy Spirit, it comes as no surprise that prophecy is history written in advance. We know how it ends -- God wins, and a redeemed humanity, through Jesus Christ, will ultimately triumph over the Evil One.

The predominant talk I hear around mature, Bible-believing Christians is an excitement that the time of our redemption is near. Luke 21: 10 - 28 describes the conditions present just prior to the Day of the LORD, yet verses 8 thru 9 say, "And He said: “Take heed that you not be deceived. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and, ‘The time has drawn near.’ Therefore do not go after them. But when you hear of wars and commotions, do not be terrified; for these things must come to pass first, but the end will not come immediately. " Now, I do believe that the Rapture can come at any time, as we are not told when it shall be, but are instead commanded to watch and be ready for we do not know what day He will come for us. It's not only talking about the Rapture, but our own deaths as well. We do not know the day or hour of our own death, and our own death as believers is equal to the coming of Christ because immediately after death we will be taken to judgment before Him. Therefore, just as the Rapture can come any time, our own death can come at any time also. You could be a healthy 23-year-old person, but God can say, "Your soul is required of you tonight."

Looking at all the signs around us, many of us think and feel that this just might be the year. The signs are present, the technology is right, the moral and spiritual conditions are indicative. I feel the same way, too. But, it's only been a little over two thousand years since the Resurrection of the LORD Jesus Christ. Taking into consideration the incalculable high price paid to redeem our souls, I also think the LORD will not bring an end to the Age of Grace so soon. If you use the formula "a day with the LORD is a thousand years", then it has only been two days since the Resurrection relative to Divinity. It is a violent, bloody grace that cost the Triuine God greatly. It is a grace He delights to give, and loves to lavish upon undeserving human beings. If He were to end it all this year, it also means no more souls will be added to Him in this Age of Grace.

Can anyone point me to the verses which indicate that the Rapture is contingent upon a finite number of brethren in the Bride of Christ? I've heard about it on this forum, and it's caused me to think recently that my wife might be the final one!

Spartan Sprinter 1

Do you mean the verse that speaks of the fullness of gentiles to indicate that the this will wrap up the Age of Grace and trigger the rapture ?

I'm with you , the rapture could happen anytime as you say, but it still seems like a lot of things need to happen prophetically especially in the middle east before we are called home.

January has definitely gone off with a bang , but as you say what if these events are still minor things and are only the beginning of the birth pangs that are going to increase in intensity ?

We definitely live in exciting times but also sad times looking at the moral state of the world and the intensive hate of our Lord

greg64

I think this is the verse you're asking about. It's not a direct statement about the Rapture, but rather a logical argument/assumption taking into account the roles of the Church and Israel.

For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery-so that you will not be wise in your own estimation-that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written, " the deliverer will come from zion , he will remove ungodliness from jacob ." " this is my covenant with them , when I take away their sins ."
Romans 11:25‭-‬27 NASB
https://bible.com/bible/100/rom.11.25-27.NASB
The Tribulation brings Israel back to faith, the church is removed via the Rapture before the Tribulation, so therefore the Rapture happens when the fullness of the gentiles is complete. Of course, we also know that gentiles will continue to be saved during the Tribulation, but the focus is on Israel. Just like some Jews were saved during the church era, but the focus was on the church.

Spartan Sprinter 1

I didnt think there was anything prophetically at all that had to happen for the rapture to occour except the fullness of the gentiles.....
Yeah you are right , there's a theory subscribing on the basis of watching what happens in Israel that the rapture might precede the Ezekiel 38 war as this will be the time that the Lord turns his focus again to Israel rather than the church.

If this is correct, the Ezekiel war still seems a while off as the Gog allies are fighting amongst each other at the moment and still are not 100% confident in getting involved in an all out war with Israel

Len

If this is correct, the Ezekiel war still seems a while off as the Gog allies are fighting amongst each other at the moment and still are not 100% confident in getting involved in an all out war with Israel
I guess that would apply "if" that war is going to happen this side of the rapture, if it is the other side then the rapture itself maybe the very excuse/cause of the war.....

StormsMom

Many also believe that there may be a gap between the rapture and the start of the tribulation. So we can see all these things aligning but they don't all necessarily have to be in place. I'm with Len, the rapture will leave Israel unprotected and that may indeed be what sets off the Ezekiel war. There is also Isaiah 17 to take into account, to wonder how this fits in.

TheRedeemed

Wars can break out at any time, some other event unrelated to the Ezekiel war may be the spark that brings it, and that could happen while I am typing this message.

Essentially, there are no prophetic events holding the Church here, only the lack of members, and once this number is reached, then off we will go into eternity. :woohoo

So we need to keep preaching the Word.

maryrae

Rocky, the Scriptures you quoted are all from Jesus teaching before the cross and the age of grace began. I believe it is directed to His people, the Jews, rather than specifically Christians. The Rapture can still happen at any time. I believe it is "any moment", especially when we see the increase in signs starting to happen of which Jesus spoke about that would happen just prior to the time of Jacob's Trouble.
That's my take anyway. The Rapture is not a sign based event, perhaps that's where some have been derailed??

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Rocky, the Scriptures you quoted are all from Jesus teaching before the cross and the age of grace began. I believe it is directed to His people, the Jews, rather than specifically Christians. The Rapture can still happen at any time. I believe it is "any moment", especially when we see the increase in signs starting to happen of which Jesus spoke about that would happen just prior to the time of Jacob's Trouble.
That's my take anyway. The Rapture is not a sign based event, perhaps that's where some have been derailed??
I agree it is imminent meaning the :rapture rapture can happen at any time, and I :thumbup:thumbup hope the sooner the better!

Spartan Sprinter 1

AHAHAH for a second i thought you were responding to me as my dog in the picture's name is Rocky

Andy C

My dad called false teeth china :D clippers! They are like the stars they come out at night!:lolsign
Funny....everyone is a comedian. Look at us, making jokes on a topic of the approaching rapture. However, dont most folks joke and make marry at joyous occassions? Do people at a wedding dinner make jokes and laugh? Yes, they do. A joyous time is approaching, we just need to make sure more people are ready.

Last edited:

Len

Yes though we can indeed joke about the coming events and I do get a laugh from you guys!!.
The other day I was standing under a surveillance camera in our town and as I was contemplating being watched and thinking how the unseen world is watching everyone but I was also looking at the all people going about their day and thinking how sad it is that they do not know what is soon to be unleashed upon them, the thoughts made my heart so heavy and started to see how Noah and all those "watchers & warners" through the years must of felt and indeed how today we all feel too!

dreamermind

I think 1 Thessalonians 5:3 says something about the timing.
“For when they say, ‘peace and safety!’ then sudden destruction comes upon them"

Just my thoughts, but could it be that if Trump gets re-elected, the Democrats just throw up their hands and wait out the four years (waiting and knowing their savior the Antichrist is coming), and inevitably giving Trump the chance to actually have the entire world feel “peace and safety”. Then the rapture happens?

I’ve been thinking a lot about how the entire world could ever really say that at the same time. In these next four years there could easily be a huge revival.