Rapper Kanye West no longer plans to buy far-right social media platform Parler

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Parlement Technologies and Ye had announced plans for the deal in October. At the time the company said it expected the deal to close during the fourth quarter of 2022.
By REUTERS
Published: DECEMBER 1, 2022

The parent company of social media platform Parler and American rapper Kanye West, who now goes by Ye, have agreed to terminate the intent of the sale of Parler, according to a statement from Parlement Technologies on Thursday.

"This decision was made in the interest of both parties in mid-November," the company said in a statement. "Parler will continue to pursue future opportunities for growth and the evolution of the platform for our vibrant community."

Parlement Technologies and Ye had announced plans for the deal in October. At the time the company said it expected the deal to close during the fourth quarter of 2022.

more............ https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-723906

NewWine2020

By REUTERS
Published: DECEMBER 1, 2022

The parent company of social media platform Parler and American rapper Kanye West, who now goes by Ye, have agreed to terminate the intent of the sale of Parler, according to a statement from Parlement Technologies on Thursday.

"This decision was made in the interest of both parties in mid-November," the company said in a statement. "Parler will continue to pursue future opportunities for growth and the evolution of the platform for our vibrant community."

more............ https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-723906

Probably for the best.

From what I saw of Parler in my brief sojourn back in 2020 it was a cesspit, just as bad as the worst of Twitter.

It's basically a "hard right" version of Twitter and the accusations that there is racism and antisemitism on it were, sadly, 100% accurate at least back then, I have not been back since 2020 so, maybe they have changed but I would really doubt it.

Back