Rachel Held Evans has died....

Lynn

Longing for Home
Everything I have read in this thread are a complete surprise to me. In the Google news article, I saw some things mentioned that were concerning to say the least. But, I had no idea she was this far away in her thinking. Well, she knows the truth now.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I have been looking at this a little and the company she kept is very telling. This "lady priest" named Nadia that she hosted a conference in S.F. within the last month is a foul-mouthed shock jock type of a person. On their conference website, the roster of presenters was nothing but a who's who of social justice people who sound mentally unstable. :ohno

We need to pray for her family. I'm sure they have all kinds of strange ideas from her. :ohno :pray

Wings Like Eagles

You are right Lynn! One of her books was written to show how silly following the Bible really was. She took every Levitical law from the OT, and applied to herself, a gentile, living in the Church Age, and made the Bible a joke.

The book was about the utter ridiculous nature of being a BIBLICAL WOMAN

It was called "A Year of Biblical Womanhood; How a liberated woman found herself sitting on her roof, covering her head and calling her husband Master.

her book stands in sharp contrast to Paul's advice here:
1 Timothy 5:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully.

Those babies will miss her dreadfully, and so will her husband, now left to raise them alone. Heartbreaking all round.
I think the Apostle Paul would give the same advice to young women of the Church today. Some women now are refusing to marry and if they do marry, refuse to have children. I know a Christian young man whose wife wanted out of their marriage a few years after they married (she was, like him, a professional accountant). He wanted to have children and she said that she vowed to never have children. Because she had grown up in a two-career family and, since she wanted her career, she wasn't going to live the life that her mother had lived, trying to keep all the plates spinning and being exhausted and miserable most of the time. He is now married to a woman who is pregnant with their first child and says that no career is as important as raising the next generation of godly souls. I think the Apostle Paul would approve.

athenasius

This is off-topic, but is that little guy/gal in your avatar pic, your grandson/granddaughter? He/she is adorable. My granddaughters are pre-teen/teens now--but I sure do miss the days when they were toddlers.
Her name is Hannah, she is turning 3 in early Feb, and she is the youngest of my 5 granddaughters. All are from our daughter and son in law who have a farm almost 2 hours north of here. Our daughter homeschools them all, and the oldest is 12 soon.

Hannah was born with a genetic bone disorder that has affected her hips but not her hearing. She's missing a few bones like her collar bones. It's called Cliedo Cranial Syndrome. https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/cleidocranial-dysplasia-ccd

5 is the number of Grace in the Bible, and her life is definitely marked by God's Grace. The initial ultrasounds had the drs worried about her birth which went fine, her hearing ditto, as well as some pretty severe involvement in her hip joints. She was in a cast for the first year and a bit. Once she was out of that, she started running, climbing and jumping regardless of her bad hip.

The drs are always pronouncing that she needs surgery "in another 6 months" every few months. Delayed every time because she shows signs of progress, but they always say surgery in a few months.

Meanwhile I've watched God move on her. She does her own hip exercises that I used to do with hip patients recovering from hip replacements. Perfectly and on her own as part of her play. One hip has become almost normal, while the other remains severely affected. The drs say no matter what she will need hip replacements by the age of 12.

:lol I wait on God as do her parents. HIS ideas may be different, or they may involve surgery but whatever happens watching Him move in her life and her sister's lives is a constant joy. They all have their own set of unique challenges and concerns and my constant prayer is for their early salvation.

I love all 5 dearly, they are adorable and the light of my eyes and delight of my life.

Wings Like Eagles

Her name is Hannah, she is turning 3 in early Feb, and she is the youngest of my 5 granddaughters. All are from our daughter and son in law who have a farm almost 2 hours north of here. Our daughter homeschools them all, and the oldest is 12 soon.

Hannah was born with a genetic bone disorder that has affected her hips but not her hearing. She's missing a few bones like her collar bones. It's called Cliedo Cranial Syndrome. https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/cleidocranial-dysplasia-ccd

5 is the number of Grace in the Bible, and her life is definitely marked by God's Grace. The initial ultrasounds had the drs worried about her birth which went fine, her hearing ditto, as well as some pretty severe involvement in her hip joints. She was in a cast for the first year and a bit. Once she was out of that, she started running, climbing and jumping regardless of her bad hip.

The drs are always pronouncing that she needs surgery "in another 6 months" every few months. Delayed every time because she shows signs of progress, but they always say surgery in a few months.

Meanwhile I've watched God move on her. She does her own hip exercises that I used to do with hip patients recovering from hip replacements. Perfectly and on her own as part of her play. One hip has become almost normal, while the other remains severely affected. The drs say no matter what she will need hip replacements by the age of 12.

:lol I wait on God as do her parents. HIS ideas may be different, or they may involve surgery but whatever happens watching Him move in her life and her sister's lives is a constant joy. They all have their own set of unique challenges and concerns and my constant prayer is for their early salvation.

I love all 5 dearly, they are adorable and the light of my eyes and delight of my life.
Even in the midst of the growing chaos all around the world--the innocence and beauty of children and our beloved pets is a testimony to the goodness of God. In spite of the ugliness and evil of Satan and his followers, there is God's light which all the forces of Satan can never extinguish. It is so much like God that He came into this world in the form of a dear little baby, to bring His light to a dark and lost world. Merry Christmas, Margery. So glad that the Lord brought you and your family through the fires and floods. May the peace of this blessed season fall on you all in B.C. May there be an open door to evangelism in your Province. Canada has never had a wide revival--I pray that it become a reality in these last of the last days.

GotGrace

athenasius

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of her.
She was beginning to be famous in the Christian book author crowd, and in the lady author Bible study speaker circuit. Not quite as popular as Beth Moore, and she died in the spring of 2019-- I'm not even sure why or how this thread got resurrected. I think it was in relation to a thread on Beth Moore perhaps, but sadly you won't hear anything more of her now.