Rabbi Jason Sobel

PhilR

I have recently heard Jason Sobel, who is a Messianic Jew and believer in Christ, comment on the recent Christian TV series The Chosen, which is about the ministry of Christ leading up to Calvary. Rabbi Sobel has a very insightful view of Scripture and what it means in our daily lives. I was wondering if you have heard of him or heard him speak? Note: I get the feeling their will be some negative comments about him.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I have recently heard Jason Sobel, who is a Messianic Jew and believer in Christ, comment on the recent Christian TV series The Chosen, which is about the ministry of Christ leading up to Calvary. Rabbi Sobel has a very insightful view of Scripture and what it means in our daily lives. I was wondering if you have heard of him or heard him speak? Note: I get the feeling their will be some negative comments about him.

As to the bolded above, why do you think that? :scratch

PhilR

First off Chris, he appears as a guest with the main TBN hosts, Crouch Jr and wife. The same station that has people from all over the evangelical spectrum from TD Jakes and false teacher, Rick Warren all the way to the pretty much biblical, David Jeremiah.
Second: although Rabbi Sobel is a believer in Christ, he seems to carry a lot of Jewish tradition baggage with him, like traditions and observances. There is also a danger that seems to follow Messianic Jews with them into Christianity, and that is they can drag the Law with them. At least that's the impression I get. But Rabbi Sobel is interesting and insightful to listen to and has some good wisdom to convey to the church. If you have heard him teach, what is your impression of him Chris?

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
First off Chris, he appears as a guest with the main TBN hosts, Crouch Jr and wife. The same station that has people from all over the evangelical spectrum from TD Jakes and false teacher, Rick Warren all the way to the pretty much biblical, David Jeremiah.
Second: although Rabbi Sobel is a believer in Christ, he seems to carry a lot of Jewish tradition baggage with him, like traditions and observances. There is also a danger that seems to follow Messianic Jews with them into Christianity, and that is they can drag the Law with them. At least that's the impression I get. But Rabbi Sobel is interesting and insightful to listen to and has some good wisdom to convey to the church. If you have heard him teach, what is your impression of him Chris?

I'm sorry I haven't heard of him. When it comes to Messianic Judaism my "go to " guy is Dr. Arnold Fruchtenbaum. :)