Quotes and Bible Passages on Voting

Tiger Lily

Looking up! Luke 21:28
Our duty to select and prefer Christians

-It is the duty as well as the privilege and interest of our Christian nation to select and prefer Christians for our rulers. JOHN JAY (1745-1829), 1st Chief Justice of the U. S.

Ex 18:21 “But select capable men from all the people--men who fear God, trustworthy men who hate dishonest gain--and appoint them as officials over thousands, hundreds, fifties and tens.”
…………………….
When good guys don’t vote, bad guys win

-All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. possibly EDMUND BURKE
-Some will not vote, allowing those who do to decide things. PATRICK WYETT
-The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. PLATO
-We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate. THOMAS JEFFERSON
-Neutral men are the devil's allies. E. H. CHAPIN

Prov 28:4-5 Those who forsake the law praise the wicked, but those who keep the law resist them. Evil men do not understand justice, but those who seek the LORD understand it fully.
Is 9:16 For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed.
Rom 1:32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
James 4:17 Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.

…………………….
Making your voice heard

-My goal is simple: to see every single Christian in America show up during every single election to make their voices heard. GOV. MIKE HUCKABEE, My Faith Votes Honorary National Chairman

Eph 5:15-16 Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.
…………………….
Those nations only are blessed whose God is the Lord

-It is the duty of nations, as well as of men, to own their dependence upon the overruling power of God and to recognize the sublime truth announced in the Holy Scriptures and proven by all history, that those nations only are blessed whose God is the Lord. ABRAHAM LINCOLN
-My concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right. ABRAHAM LINCOLN

Ps 33:12a Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD . . .
Prov 14:34 Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people.

…………………….
Choosing life that you and your children may live

-A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman, of the next generation. J. F. CLARKE

Deut 30:19-20a This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live 20 and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. . . .
…………………….
Inclining to the right

-We have come to a turning point in the road. If we turn to the right mayhap our children and our children's children will go that way; but if we turn to the left, generations yet unborn will curse our names for having been unfaithful to God and to His Word. CHARLES SPURGEON

Eccl 10:2 The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.
…………………….
Circumstances under which those who hate us will rule over us

-Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just. THOMAS JEFFERSON
-When God wants to judge a nation, He gives them wicked rulers. JOHN CALVIN
-The greatest judgment God can send on His people is letting them have their own way. WARREN WIERSBE

Lev 26:14-17 “‘But if you will not listen to me and carry out all these commands, 15 and if you reject my decrees and abhor my laws and fail to carry out all my commands and so violate my covenant, 16 then I will do this to you: I will bring on you sudden terror, wasting diseases and fever that will destroy your sight and sap your strength. You will plant seed in vain, because your enemies will eat it. 17 I will set my face against you so that you will be defeated by your enemies; those who hate you will rule over you, and you will flee even when no one is pursuing you.’”
…………………….
Promoting life, liberty and happiness

-Republicanism is not the phantom of a deluded imagination. On the contrary, under no form of government are laws better supported, liberty and property better secured, or happiness more effectually dispensed to mankind. GEORGE WASHINGTON

Josh 24:15 “But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.”
…………………….
Some gather, some scatter

-All free governments are managed by the combined wisdom and folly of the people. J. A. GARFIELD

Matt 12:30 “He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters.”
Prov 11:10-11 When the righteous prosper, the city rejoices; when the wicked perish, there are shouts of joy. 11 Through the blessing of the upright a city is exalted, but by the mouth of the wicked it is destroyed.

…………………….
Choose just men who will rule in the fear of God

-When you become entitled to exercise the right of voting for public officers, let it be impressed on your mind that God commands you to choose for rulers, "just men who will rule in the fear of God." The preservation of [our] government depends on the faithful discharge of this Duty; if the citizens neglect their Duty and place unprincipled men in office, the government will soon be corrupted; laws will be made, not for the public good so much as for selfish or local purposes; corrupt or incompetent men will be appointed to execute the Laws; the public revenues will be squandered on unworthy men; and the rights of the citizen will be violated or disregarded. If [our] government fails to secure public prosperity and happiness, it must be because the citizens neglect the Divine Commands, and elect bad men to make and administer the Laws. History of the United States by Noah Webster

2 Sam 23:3 The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God.
…………………….
Taking action

-A man of a right spirit is not a man of narrow and private views, but is greatly interested and concerned for the good of the community to which he belongs, and particularly of the city or village in which he resides, and for the true welfare of the society of which he is a member. JONATHAN EDWARDS

1 John 3:18 Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.

Last edited: