Quicken

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I've been using the software program Quicken since 1990. Intuit sold their Quicken division several years ago and I hadn't upgraded since the 2017 version before the Quicken division was sold. I've accumulated a lot of historical financial data that I use in various ways. I've had some close calls over the years when the program would glitch and corrupt my huge file but I always had a backup that wasn't more than a day or two old so I've managed to preserve all that data and definitely don't want to lose it. I finally got brave and downloaded and installed a current version with a one year contract. I've always used Quicken Home and Business but haven't needed the Business part of it for a long time so I downgraded to Quicken Premium. The installation went well and I noticed that the preference changes I made on my primary laptop also were applied to the program when I installed it on my backup/travel laptop. The only real benefit I get that I use with the updated version is that my portfolio quotes will download, for a year, anyway. For the last few years I've had to enter the changes in stock prices manually... I get tired of doing that.

If you've read this far... is there anyone who has the Deluxe version who can tell me if it includes the Lifetime Planner feature? Also, does it allow you to have investment accounts with individual stocks listed that get updated? The descriptions that Quicken gives about their versions isn't all that good...

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I have not used Quicken for 15 years since I left Windows when XP died and Vista came out - I run GnuCash now on Linux

I've looked at just about everything out there and haven't found anything I can replace Quicken with. Of course, I would need to be able to seamless import all of my Quicken data into the program that replaced it. Given how I use Quicken, I would use the OS that could run it.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Is there anyone who has the Quicken Deluxe version who can tell me if it includes the Lifetime Planner feature?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Thanks... Quicken's comparison of the various options in the different versions doesn't do a very good job. I used Quicken Home and Business from when it was available but recently upgraded after 6 years of staying with the same release and I downgraded to Premium. Now I'm wondering if I can downgrade to deluxe.

I don't store personal financial data in the cloud and don't use the features that automatically download transactions from my financial accounts. I put all those transactions in manually and then each month reconcile them. 99.999% of the time there is no issue but a couple of decades ago I did uncover a small error a bank had made...

Will have to investigate the Deluxe version a little more. I don't need the lifetime planner because a long time ago I created a somewhat complex multipage spreadsheet that does the same, but I still like the lifetime planner enough to want to have it.