Quick Observation

king'sbloomingrose

He is able to save
There's a local church pastor whose friends with me on Facebook. He's caused a lot of trouble and pestered some of the members of his church. Last night I posted a verse on his facebook page about how we must all stand before God and give an account of everything done in the body good and bad. And how if any man's work gets burned up then he will suffer loss. The only thing that I said was that Bible verse and let it speak on it's own. I found out today that he unfriended me because of it. It's odd, because he's a pastor who supposedly loves the Lord and His word, yet he does not like it when one of the former people at his church tries to remind him in a loving way that he will have to stand before God and give an account for everything he does. What are y'alls thoughts on this?

mattfivefour

My thought is to put him out of your thoughts, sis. At least, put his behavior out of your thoughts. Forgive him and pray for him. I suspect he needs loving prayer; he is likely struggling.

eddie

It sounds like he was convicted by your post.:((
I agree here. I often post Bible Scriptures on FB and I find when I post the positive promises of God I get lots of likes but when I post Scripture like the one you used I get called a Bible thumper and some have said these hard Scriptures are turning people away from God. Mind you most of these people are seeker sensitive and don't like the truth unless it tickles their ears. I find nothing wrong in what you posted. Many today want to pick and choose what parts of the Bible they want to believe. :ohno So don't fret about posting Scripture in love and then it's up to the Holy Spirit do the work in their hearts. :thumbup

Longing2cJesus

I agree here. I often post Bible Scriptures on FB and I find when I post the positive promises of God I get lots of likes but when I post Scripture like the one you used I get called a Bible thumper and some have said these hard Scriptures are turning people away from God. Mind you most of these people are seeker sensitive and don't like the truth unless it tickles their ears. I find nothing wrong in what you posted. Many today want to pick and choose what parts of the Bible they want to believe. :ohno So don't fret about posting Scripture in love and then it's up to the Holy Spirit do the work in their hearts. :thumbup

WOW Eddie this is exactly what happens to me on FB......:doh:......thanks for pointing this out......now I know why only a certain few comment or like "the meat" so to speak when I post it.