Question.

Musician 4 Jesus

Psalms 150 : 1-6 KJV
Ok I know this isn't really the most important question out there I'm just curious. So In the bible it says we will be riding horses and so will jesus christ in the second coming when God comes back to finish everything. So My question is that is it just a figure of speech? or do y'all think we will actually be riding horses.

Like I said I know not the most important or big thing just a thought I had haha.

Cindy S.

When he comes, will he find faith? Luke 18:8
Ok I know this isn't really the most important question out there I'm just curious. So In the bible it says we will be riding horses and so will jesus christ in the second coming when God comes back to finish everything. So My question is that is it just a figure of speech? or do y'all think we will actually be riding horses.

Like I said I know not the most important or big thing just a thought I had haha.
I hope so and it's not figuratively!

JamesSuth

That is really interesting, thank you! I never noticed that we will also be on white horses, but I've just re read Revelation 19 and there it is "Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war...14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses." I'm just wondering if the armies of Heaven are angels rather than us(?). But regardless that is a lot of horses. I think the church has suffered a lot through the centuries by people saying 'it doesn't really / literally mean', and the Calvinists who don't like the physical creation are guilty of this too. So, yes I think these are real horses!

If you head over to Youtube and look for some footage of 'Trooping the Colour' you will see magnificent displays of the mounted cavalry in their ceremonial uniforms (i.e. fine linen). I don't think such a sight is human inspired, I think rather it is a version of what is described here given by God to us to help us understand Him. It is a stirring sight, and I think the return of Christ will not just be wonderful but it will look pretty amazing too. Jesus will be coming back as King in Majesty. The horse is still a very evocative symbol of such :).

pixelpusher

My experiences with earthly horses have not been great, both times we rode my horse (2 diff ones) either took off and tried to kill me with speed, and the other one went into the woods and tried to scrape me off with pine branches.

I expect the heavenly horses to be more well behaved! But if you see one that just won't hold still or running amok through the clouds, that'll probably be mine. I expect the fine linen won't take a stain tho.

ChildofLight

My experiences with earthly horses have not been great, both times we rode my horse (2 diff ones) either took off and tried to kill me with speed, and the other one went into the woods and tried to scrape me off with pine branches.

I expect the heavenly horses to be more well behaved! But if you see one that just won't hold still or running amok through the clouds, that'll probably be mine. I expect the fine linen won't take a stain tho.
Your experience sounds like mine. One tried to bite me while in the saddle. The other I didn’t get the saddle tight enough and it slid down. Nearly killed myself as I was drug a ways beneath the hooves before my foot came out of the stirrup.

I’m looking forward to a heavenly riding experience, as I think the horse is the most beautiful graceful animal on earth.

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
I think the mention of those with Jesus being in fine linen, white and clean, seems to indicate it’s saints not angels. Horses and linen....2 of my favorite things.

But angels also wear white clothes, like the one outside the tomb when Jesus was resurrected. The fact they're called the armies of heaven also puts a point toward angels in my mind. Although the clean aspect of the linen gives a point to the "us" interpretation... I still lean toward this one being angels

That being said, I wouldn't mind having a pretty white horse for a pet

Musician 4 Jesus

Psalms 150 : 1-6 KJV

Haha I'm sure the good Lord with give ya a more calm one. Me on the other hand I want a big black gelding that has lots of speed in it's feet.

Yikes that don't sound like fun. I have had both happen to me ugh that life of haveing horses:doh

Kerbluey

But angels also wear white clothes, like the one outside the tomb when Jesus was resurrected. The fact they're called the armies of heaven also puts a point toward angels in my mind. Although the clean aspect of the linen gives a point to the "us" interpretation... I still lean toward this one being angels

That being said, I wouldn't mind having a pretty white horse for a pet

Yes, it’s the clean part that makes me think saints. Maybe angels have been referred to that way too. I’d be interested to know, but I’m too tired tonight to look it up.

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
Yes, it’s the clean part that makes me think saints. Maybe angels have been referred to that way too. I’d be interested to know, but I’m too tired tonight to look it up.

Looks like Rev. 15:6 describes their linen clothes as clean

6 Out of the temple came the seven angels with the seven plagues. They were dressed in clean, shining linen and wore golden sashes around their chests.

Back