Question and a prayer request

Betty

As I mentioned in my blog Saturday, I was very upset about a dream I had where did not know where I lived and in the dream, I was extremely upset. Last night I dreamed again that I did not know where I lived. Every since I have been diagnosed with Alzheimer I have prayed that God would come back before I lose my ability to know who I am and who my family is. My husband has issues from a mild stroke. Now, these dreams have me worried, that they are a warning from God. Please pray that God will come to get us before I am no longer able to take of myself and hubby.
Betty

Waiting......

I will pray for you Betty. :pray:hug

My dreams are way out there so I don't put much stock in them....I'd go crazy if I did!! :) I do remember a dream a while back where I couldn't find my way home and then saw my house but couldn't get to it. I awaken from my dreams and then am afraid to go back to sleep because I will pick up on it again. Hate those nights.

Cindy S.

When he comes, will he find faith? Luke 18:8
As I mentioned in my blog Saturday, I was very upset about a dream I had where did not know where I lived and in the dream, I was extremely upset. Last night I dreamed again that I did not know where I lived. Every since I have been diagnosed with Alzheimer I have prayed that God would come back before I lose my ability to know who I am and who my family is. My husband has issues from a mild stroke. Now, these dreams have me worried, that they are a warning from God. Please pray that God will come to get us before I am no longer able to take of myself and hubby.
Betty
I think we're all praying for the rapture. :hug

Andy C

Betty
Praying for you to be calmed by Him, with only peaceful dreams, and for you to have cognitive awareness as long as possible, preferably, we all get raptured soon.

Keep posting Betty, even on the days you dont feel like it. You're a blessing to all the members on this forum.

athenasius

Betty first off HUGS, you are such a precious friend here on RF, your writing is so encouraging and helpful. Like @AndyC said, keep writing, keep talking to us. We are here for you sweetie! G and I pray for you and Ronnie every night!

Betty I DON'T think this is a warning from God.

I don't think you can do anything more than you already are doing to stay healthy and keep your mind going as long as possible. God wouldn't ask you to do something even in a dream, if you weren't able to do something about it.

This is NOT something you can control, so that is why I say this is NOT a warning dream from God.

WHAT it IS however ---is a normal way that your mind works to deal with worries.

When you dream, your brain is actually doing housecleaning on things that were a concern so often times a dream happens that sort of uses some of the things that we worry about. It is part of normal brain function.

Because you were worried about what happened when you got confused about where the drs office was the other day, PLUS your usual worry about your Alzheimer diagnosis-- Your brain wove those 2 worries into the dream.

Your fears are real, they are not imaginary. People with Alzheimers do lose so much. But whatever you lose, Jesus is keeping safe for you later. The memories that you lose, HE will restore, all the good ones, all the ones that you treasure. The relatives that you start to lose your knowledge of, will still love you, and you will love them back even if you end up not recognizing them for a little time here on earth. You will be back to better than normal in heaven, and all those precious loving relationships with saved people will be going on in heaven when we all get up there.
Please pray that God will come to get us before I am no longer able to take of myself and hubby.
I do pray that with you dear heart! I agree. Soon and very soon we will see the King.

Meanwhile, we can all pray with you and Ronnie that God will supply the care that you need. That God would send people who will lovingly and patiently care for you and for Ronnie.

Love always
Margery

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Betty

Sending my prayers up! :hug

:pray

cheeky200386

Betty first off HUGS, you are such a precious friend here on RF, your writing is so encouraging and helpful. Like @AndyC said, keep writing, keep talking to us. We are here for you sweetie! G and I pray for you and Ronnie every night!

I don't think you can do anything more than you already are doing to stay healthy and keep your mind going as long as possible. God wouldn't ask you to do something even in a dream, if you weren't able to do something about it.

This is NOT something you can control, so that is why I say this is NOT a warning dream from God.

WHAT it IS however ---is a normal way that your mind works to deal with worries.

When you dream, your brain is actually doing housecleaning on things that were a concern so often times a dream happens that sort of uses some of the things that we worry about. It is part of normal brain function.

Because you were worried about what happened when you got confused about where the drs office was the other day, PLUS your usual worry about your Alzheimer diagnosis-- Your brain wove those 2 worries into the dream.

Your fears are real, they are not imaginary. People with Alzheimers do lose so much. But whatever you lose, Jesus is keeping safe for you later. The memories that you lose, HE will restore, all the good ones, all the ones that you treasure. The relatives that you start to lose your knowledge of, will still love you, and you will love them back even if you end up not recognizing them for a little time here on earth. You will be back to better than normal in heaven, and all those precious loving relationships with saved people will be going on in heaven when we all get up there.

I do pray that with you dear heart! I agree. Soon and very soon we will see the King.

Meanwhile, we can all pray with you and Ronnie that God will supply the care that you need. That God would send people who will lovingly and patiently care for you and for Ronnie.

Love always
Margery

What a lovely response! God bless you Betty and may God comfort all of your fears and worries.

Betty

Love always
Margery