question about the two witnesses

Elijah's Mantle

:thinking:
Isaiah prophesied that Israel will give birth to her childten as soon as her time of tribulations begin Isa 66:8

do the two witnesses exercise their ministry in the first half of the tribulations ?

Elijah's Mantle

42 months for the Gentile domination and 1,260 days for the two witnesses
if the same time period is intended for both why ? is not the 42 months sufficient to cover both ? :thinking:

Elijah's Mantle

Rev 11:3 could the two witnesses oversee and protect the rebuilt temple ?

I think it possible because Rev 11:5 this is why the beast can not go into the
tribulation temple until the two witnesses are out of the way as stated in Rev 11:7
??????? :thinking:

Suzanne

42 months for the Gentile domination and 1,260 days for the two witnesses
if the same time period is intended for both why ? is not the 42 months sufficient to cover both ? :thinking:

I think that the witnesses come during the first half of the tribulation so that they can help preach the gospel to people everywhere. After they are taken to heaven, people all over the world will know that they have witnessed a miracle from God.

Neil777

I am not really sure if it is the first 1/2 because an earthquake happens about an hour after they are taken up to heaven. The second woe is then announced. These are announced in the trumpet judgments more close toward the end of the tribulation.

14 The second woe has passed; the third woe is coming soon.

daygo

I think that the two witnesses will come end of 1st half of tribulation thru to most of 2nd half of tribulation. :thumbup

Elijah's Mantle

:thumbup I share with your thinking on that :thinking:

Neil777 thats a good starting point to study out :nod I am not quite sure of the timing part just the event itself will be like suzanne said people willknow they have witnessed a miracle :nod God's going to make it real hard for the sceptics and naysayers :yeah:
got to love that part :elmogrin I think its getting hard even now for many :nod
I was gathering some scripture about why 2 witnesses is so important and wow :shocked the O.T.as well as new is amazing :nod I am leaning heavy on the two witnesses appearance being in the first half because of what scripture states :((

Neil777

Also in an earlier post I stated why I think they start closer to the middle and end near the end of the tribulation. This is my argument:

Also, the entire world will see their dead bodies in Jerusalem. 3 1\2 days later they go up to the clouds and the world must know this. Then there is an earthquake in less than an hour predicted 2000 years ago. All this happens for the entire world to see. And yet most of the world will follow the antichrist for the next 3 1/2 years. In this day of the internet and satellite communications. The unbelief in the world is just too much to deal with. It still seems to me this happens later like near the end of the second half. It just does not fit, especially because the second woe is passed when this happens.

No scientist today can predict an earthquake within an hour, let alone predict 1/10 of a city to fall. Yet the entire world will see this and will follow the antichrist right after he enters the temple, proclaims he is God and for 3 1/2 years follow him even when his enemies (2 witnesses) just went up in a cloud to heaven and an earthquake happened that was predicted 2000 years ago. A question people will be asking is how can this guy claim to be God when his enemies just went up to heaven in a cloud?

Also:

So God will send the 2 witnesses to Israel (most likely Moses and Elijah) in the first half of the tribulation. They will do all these miracles like turn water into blood and cause the rain to stop, and if anyone wants to harm them fire will come out of their mouth and devours them, and they will not convince the Jews anything. And the Jews will continue in unbelief until the daily sacrifices are taken away and they have to flee out of the city. These are prophets of God. They will know who the messiah is (Jesus). They will also know who the antichrist is. But with all the prophecy where they stop rain and turn water into blood, the Jews are not told who the messiah is and the antichrist is going to defile the temple and proclaim he is God. Then what did they accomplish being sent to Israel?

Also in Rev 11
I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers. 2 But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months. 3 And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.”

If it is in the first 1/2 why is the outer given over to the Gentiles and they trample on the holy city for 42 months. The abomination of desolation has not occurred yet but the Gentiles will trample on the holy city for 42 months?

Last edited: