Question about phone apps

Lovin Jesus

My phone occasionally pops up a new app that I didn’t download. I’ve been able to uninstall them by going to my settings and apps, find that app and delete it. A new app suddenly appeared a couple days ago but I have no way of uninstalling it. It’s not listed under my apps so it can be deleted. I can’t find how to delete it. It is an app that says “lens”. Multicolored with a small G in the same multi colors, so it appears to be some kind of Google app. I open it and it has the picture of a cellphone and says search what you see. It has to do with the camera but have no idea how it got added to my installed apps and don’t know how to disable it. Thoughts?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Most often when uninvited applications make there way onto a device it's on account of malware. Can't be sure of that in your case. If you can provide the names of some apps you find that are new that you didn't install we could do a little research on them.

There is an app called google lens. Sounds like that's on your phone. I just checked my android phone. I have the Android 11 OS and do not have Google lens on the phone, or at least I couldn't find any evidence of it. So I don't think it is one of the very many apps from google that we're stuck with by virtue of using a phone with the Android OS.

Lovin Jesus

Most often when uninvited applications make there way onto a device it's on account of malware. Can't be sure of that in your case. If you can provide the names of some apps you find that are new that you didn't install we could do a little research on them.

There is an app called google lens. Sounds like that's on your phone. I just checked my android phone. I have the Android 11 OS and do not have Google lens on the phone, or at least I couldn't find any evidence of it. So I don't think it is one of the very many apps from google that we're stuck with by virtue of using a phone with the Android OS.
I’m not sure the model of my Android. It’s a Motorola moto cruise 5. A year old. But the apps that get installed without my consent are usually google apps. Like this lens app. I can’t find it in my apps to uninstall it. It’s nowhere in my settings. If it’s malware why would it be a Google app?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I’m not sure the model of my Android. It’s a Motorola moto cruise 5. A year old. But the apps that get installed without my consent are usually google apps. Like this lens app. I can’t find it in my apps to uninstall it. It’s nowhere in my settings. If it’s malware why would it be a Google app?

As I said, can't be sure of malware in your case. It they're all google apps that are suddenly appearing... I've no idea what's going on with your phone.