Question about "mansions"

mikalikat

Citizen
Hey all,

I was listening to a message being broadcast on the radio yesterday, can't remember who it was, but his take on the "in my Father's house there are many mansions, I am going to prepare one for you," meant that our new "mansion" was our new body in heaven. Any takers on this wishing to straighten out my confusion? I truly don't know what God considers a "mansion" for any of us, but I didn't think he was referring to our new incorruptible bodies, which, by the way, I could really use! :thumbup

Hey all,

I was listening to a message being broadcast on the radio yesterday, can't remember who it was, but his take on the "in my Father's house there are many mansions, I am going to prepare one for you," meant that our new "mansion" was our new body in heaven. Any takers on this wishing to straighten out my confusion? I truly don't know what God considers a "mansion" for any of us, but I didn't think he was referring to our new incorruptible bodies, which, by the way, I could really use! :thumbup

I could use a new body too! lol. But, IMHO, I believe He literally has prepared houses for us. Our bodies will be changed in the "twinkling of an eye", on our way up during the Rapture. I don't think we'll have to wait until we get to heaven for our new bodies to be "fitted". I could be wrong, as well, so I too welcome any info anybody has on this subject.

BuzzardHut

Bird Mod
Not sure it's to be mansions from the ME perspective during Jesus' time or our Hollywood type mansion but according to the New Jerusalem descriptions in Revelation Jesus has good building tastes, especially being a carpenter.

I have heard some speculate we would be dwelling in condominium style town homes, not sure about separate free standing domains, (don't ask for any scripture references)

But the Bride of Christ will dwell in physical habitats in heaven and come down to earth for working tasks, supposedly associated with our current spiritual gifts and interests, then at the end of the millennium we relocate to Earth for the New Heaven New Earth restoration,

I will personally miss the Sea but you won't hear any complaints from me because no ocean is better than a lake of Fire.

Sing4Him

JUDE 1:3 Contender!
"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know John 14:2

Many mansions: In light of the ancient Greek, "mansions" is better translated "dwelling places." The noun mone (connected to the verb meno, "stay" or "remain") means "a place to stay." But in light of God’s character, it is better to translate it mansions. Whatever dwelling place God has for us in heaven, it will be as glorious as a mansion. :yeah: http://blueletterbible.org/Comm/david_guzik/sg/Jhn_14.html

"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know John 14:2

Many mansions: In light of the ancient Greek, "mansions" is better translated "dwelling places." The noun mone (connected to the verb meno, "stay" or "remain") means "a place to stay." But in light of God’s character, it is better to translate it mansions. Whatever dwelling place God has for us in heaven, it will be as glorious as a mansion. :yeah: http://blueletterbible.org/Comm/david_guzik/sg/Jhn_14.html

Amen!! A broom closet in heaven is better than the finest mansion in hell! :thumbup
(not that there are fine mansions in hell, but you get my drift) :)

n2thelight

John 14:2 "In My Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you."

"Mansions" is "mone", # 3438 in the Strong's Greek dictionary, and pronounced, "mon-ay' ". It means a place to rest and abide where there is no trouble. , this resting place is in Christ and the Father, that is the resting.

In other words when we Christ in us we are at rest

Mansions in Heaven:

These mansions are talked about in John 14 1-3. they literally mean "dwelling places" a better translation is rooms for us to dwell in.

Robert

Back