Qatar and Iran accused of religious cleansing of Baha’is

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Qatar and Iran accused of religious cleansing of Baha’is
"Qatar’s suitability to host the World Cup should - once again, be questioned," said a leading expert on Qatar’s regime.
By BENJAMIN WEINTHAL
Published: JANUARY 30, 2022

Ahead of US president Joe Biden's meeting on Monday with Qatar's Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, the notoriously anti- Baha’i Iranian regime and Qatar’s monarchy are accused of promoting the religious cleansing of the persecuted Baha’i community in the tiny oil-rich Gulf country of Qatar.

Ghanem Nuseibeh, a leading expert on Qatar’s regime and the founder of the London-based Cornerstone Global Associates, told The Jerusalem Post last week that “It is very troubling but not a surprise to hear that Iran is pressuring their allies to persecute the Baha’i community. It has long been a policy of the Iranian regime to persecute the Baha’i community in Iran, but more recently we have seen them being persecuted outside Iran by the regime’s proxy - the Houthis in Yemen and more recently and more troubling, in Qatar. The Qatari regime is clearly acting at the behest of the Tehran regime and collaboration between both states has been going on for several years. “

more........... https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/article-694951