Putin, Zelensky congratulate Netanyahu, both call for cooperation

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Putin, Zelensky congratulate Netanyahu, both call for cooperation
Israel under former Prime Minister Yair Lapid has been careful in maintaining a relatively neutral stance on the Russia-Ukraine war.
By JERUSALEM POST STAFF
Published: DECEMBER 29, 2022

Russian President Vladimir Putin congratulated Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on the formation of the new Israeli government on Thursday, the first foreign leader to do so since the government was sworn in.

“Russia highly appreciates your personal long-term contribution to the strengthening of friendly relations between our countries," said Putin. "I hope that the new government under your leadership will continue the line of developing constructive Russian-Israeli cooperation in all areas for the benefit of our peoples, in the interests of ensuring peace and security in the Middle East region.”

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky also congratulated Netanyahu, tweeting "I wish success on the way to the welfare and security of Israel. I confirm Ukraine's readiness for close cooperation to strengthen our ties & confront common challenges, achieve prosperity and victory over evil."

more............. https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-726178

Back