Putin puts Nuke Forces on alert

GEOINTAnalyst

I think Zelenskyy will sign a neutrality agreement promising not to join NATO for the time being, if that happens, I believe Russia will pull out as long as Russia gets access to the deep water Crimean ports for their navy - the US did do a bunch of sanctions against Russia in 2014 (when Obummer was the POTUS) when Russia invaded Crimea back then, which had little affect - one thing that must be remembered when Russia acts up the Demoncrats are in office
1962 Cuban Missile Crisis - JFK was POTUS- Democrat
1963 to 1969 - Russian aids North Vietnam - LBJ was POTUS - Democrat
1973 Nixon is POTUS ends Vietnam war - Republican
1989 Reagan is POTUS Berlin wall comes down and old Soviet empire ends - Republican
2014 Obama is POTUS - Russia invades Crimea - Democrat
2016 Trump is POTUS - Russia leaves Crimea - Republican
2022 Biden is POTUS - Russia invades Ukraine - Democrat

Katie8758

The Russian troops were deceived and lied to. They were not told they were going to war, they were told the Ukrainians would welcome them and they were going there to be "peacekeepers".
Well who does that sound like. The father of lies and deceit, and his calling card is to cover up those nasty lies with a noble-appearing spun tale.
I believe Putin is being the puppet for someone else we all know, and God's will will prevail.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
A VERY good pertinent observation. If there is a dialing up of true instability (as opposed to Russian bullying methods which can seem insane and over the top to Western sensibilities) then this is my conclusion just based on where we might be at in the Biblical timeline. We are perhaps starting to see the fallen angel pulling the Russian leader's strings.

But

This still may not be much more than a typical Russian tantrum which generally escalates fast and involves much more posturing and big over the top dramatic threats than a slower Western escalation of hostilities. Russians in conflict tend to escalate fast, show their best hand too soon and kill flies with elephant guns. This sometimes shocks Westerners (look at the Kennedy Kruschev years for a good example) and misunderstandings ensue.

BUT time is growing short (and Satan can't know the start date any more than we do) -- it sure looks like Satan is pulling out all the stops around the world (as much as The Restrainer allows) to get his best chance at the last 7 years. A little advance prep here and there.

THEN that means

If there truly is a sense of increasing mania, -a paranoia as some report, then like Hitler this could be the demonic pressure on the human to get the job done, and quickly before God brings things to the final 7 years.

60 Minutes Australia had an interesting take on this. Called "Is war with Ukraine just the beginning of Putin's Master Plan?" I couldn't catch the name of the person they interviewed but his analysis of Putin is excellent.

Putin has been very good at charming the West, and Western media in particular. They forget this is the man who systematically murdered the Russian press complete with every author and journalist who dared to chronicle where he came from, what he has done and where he is going.

Fox News frequently uses Rebekah Koffler a former Russian, and she is a good source for a realistic analysis of Putin. She and her husband put out the White House Dossier Cut to the News which is a really good short set of news bites. She's written a good book on Putin, she hasn't been poisoned yet probably because she worked for the US Defense Intelligence Agency and the Central Intelligence Agency's National Clandestine Service.

The problem with the western mainstream media is that they like to pigeonhole people in a set series of stereotypes and employ circular reasoning. Putin must be mad because he invades the Ukraine, and therefore he invades the Ukraine because of his madness.

The problem with the alt right media is that they never met a conspiracy theory they didn't like so the distortions there are difficult to wade through.

For secular truth I go to Rebekah Koffler and she has been right on target all along. She figured the invasion would be in early to mid January, so she was off on the dates a little. However it seems Putin was allowing Xi his Olympics, untainted by invasions and there was something else that came up that I can't recall, that made a lot of sense in a weird Russian world view way. If I remember I'll post in on it.

She has not been seeing signs of madness, just the usual Russian methods that seem obscure and over the top to the West.

But, she isn't used to thinking about whether or not there might be an insane but clever fallen angel manipulating Putin because time is short.
Aussie 60 minutes can have its moments at times LOL

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
When I heard the news and saw the newspaper about the nuclear forces being put on alert,, it took me back to my childhood, growing up during the Cold War, Mutual Assured Destruction (MAD), marked and stocked fallout shelters, etc.

It also reminded me to read Ezekiel 38 again.

Duck and cover . . . I wonder how much brighter Jesus is than the flash of a nuke :lol

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Since the cold war seemed to be behind us, I don't think schools are stocked with nuclear bomb proof desks anymore... :hehee

Lovin Jesus

Desks work on the same magic the science principle as face masks.

If you are sheltering with others not of your household, please remember to maintain 6 feet distance, and if possible, wear a face covering.
And if it gets too crowded and not possible to be six feet apart, be sure you're wearing deodorant, and in case others aren't wearing any, be sure to wear a gasmask

pixelpusher

Teach will be walking around to ensure your butt isn't sticking out from under your desk . . .

. . . and watching out the myriad glass windows for the bright flash :eek
Was it weird I used to count Levi butts vs Wrangler butts when we were all hunched down under our desks? Then there were the Sears butts, what was that, Toughskins?

eta: did anyone else read "Z for Zachariah" in grade school? That was years ago, but living through fallout and nuclear winter. Gonna have to look for that.

eta2: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z_for_Zachariah

Last edited:

athenasius

Does Rebekah Koffler have a blog that I could follow?

I remember Boris Yeltsin threatening nukes during the war in Kosovo and everyone chalked it up to him being drunk. I was only 15 at the time so I found that pretty funny. Putin's threats kind of reminded me of that.

And I agree about the alt-right media and conspiracies. I am seeing too many "there is no invasion at all" theories and I find it baffling.
Yes she does, it's Cut to the News Or White House Dossier Cut to the News.

She hasn't put one out for a little bit, George emailed her to ask if all is well and she replied that she is swamped with TV interviews right now getting her opinion on the Russia Ukraine business, and the publicity circuit for her new book on Putin.

I think she's a great source. You'd probably enjoy her.

athenasius

Was it weird I used to count Levi butts vs Wrangler butts when we were all hunched down under our desks? Then there were the Sears butts, what was that, Toughskins?

eta: did anyone else read "Z for Zachariah" in grade school? That was years ago, but living through fallout and nuclear winter. Gonna have to look for that.

eta2: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z_for_Zachariah
LOL yes it was Toughskins, I used to put our son in those, they were the only jeans that he didn't rip thru the knees in a matter of a few weeks.

3 Nails 4 Given

Sinner saved by the blood of Jesus
Both Russia and the USA could send nukes to any square inch of the planet and hit that square inch... of course, nukes are usually programmed to detonate at a certain altitude for maximum effect. Russia has state of the art missiles from which a great many warheads can deploy at apogee, each one targeting a separate target and jinking around to avoid being shot out of the sky before it accomplishes its mission.

Wind patterns, both lower and upper atmosphere would dictate where radio active clouds spread. If there was an exchange of numerous nuclear bombs, I would imagine that before the dust settles, most of the world could be affected by radio active dust. Definitely so if there were thousands of nuclear detonations, which is within the realm of possibility.
The United States has long held these same weapons. I’ve known many nuke sub sailors. One Trident submarine could unleash almost unbelievable carnage, just one of them. There are multiples deployed at all times. One missile carries multiple warheads capable of targeting multiple targets.

One of these missles is 10 times more potent than the ones used in Japan.

Love His Appearing

Its the first time in my life that I have had to actually wonder if nuclear weapons would be used.
Does Russia have nukes that would reach the east coast?
Would a nuke in Europe cause any effects in the US?
@Tall Timbers
@Andy C
I wonder the same and "tag" the same. Andy and TT, do you think we in the US could be realistically looking at being nuked in the near future? How might that slip by our own security? Where would they strike, do you think?

I am not trying to monger fear. I know the author of this story so I have no fear. I am just super curious. And reality is better than Netflix any day. :wink2

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I wonder the same and "tag" the same. Andy and TT, do you think we in the US could be realistically looking at being nuked in the near future? How might that slip by our own security? Where would they strike, do you think?

I am not trying to monger fear. I know the author of this story so I have no fear. I am just super curious. And reality is better than Netflix any day. :wink2

Our military would not be surprised by a nuclear attack. We'd see it coming. There are secure locations where personnel are monitoring for attacks 24/7. Of course, those attacks, once launched, leave little time for decision making and disseminating information. It would be up to the civilian authority, in this case sleepy joe, to decide whether or not to warn the nation. There is a complex process in place for responding, but the CINC has to give the order. That can normally be done quickly, but with diben, I just don't know how that would play out. I could see the USA not even responding under his watch. We have some defensive systems that could successfully mitigate a limited attack. My career track led me to be quite knowledgeable on this overall topic and many of its aspects but I can't really say much of anything.

I think it is something for which worry is wasted. It might even be better if people didn't know it was coming. The timing of knowing would leave precious little time for anything. You can't really prepare for it. I guess if you have an underground bunker that you can live in for decades you might be okay... There's a movie where a man built an underground bunker that could sustain the family for many decades. Something happened that led the man to believe that they were under a nuclear attack. He took his family down into the bunker and secured the entrance. They lived contentedly for decades until for reasons I don't remember the son goes up and sees the world for the first time. Where their house used to be a low-life bar now existed, and the exit from the bunker opened up into the middle of that bar.

As far as the chances of being nuked in the near future... are there despots in the world? Yes. Does power corrupt? Yes. Do some of these despots have the ability to rain nukes down on America? Yes? Will they? Maybe. Crazy people do crazy things. Look at how evil has twisted the minds of so many of our politicians, and of those who are antifa and BLM... I don't think the promise of mutually assured destruction can hold back a nuclear attack forever.

Where would they strike? That's a guessing game for sure. While the west would target military facilities, I think countries like China and Russia would strike population centers as well. The bigger the city the better the target. Take out San Diego, Long Beach, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Seattle on the west coast and you shut much of the USA down. I'm less familiar with major port cities on the east coast and the gulf, but all of those would be good targets for the enemy. US/NORAD Command and Control facilities that are designed for some protection from a nuclear exchange would likely be hit as well. D.C., of course. Air bases, both military and civilian might be hit to prevent bombers that are already in the air from having a place to return to and re-arm for a second round. Carrier battle groups would likely be targeted.

Lots of targets, yes? Russia is currently the only country that has the capacity to destroy the USA, and if they were going to launch a nuclear attack, they'd be wise to go all in to minimize the US ability to respond both short term and long term. In the case of China, the US would be able to destroy that country if it had a will to do so if China attacked us with a nuclear weapon(s). Would diben do so? I'm afraid he wouldn't even understand what was happening, and a quick decision would need to be made.

Lovin Jesus

Our military would not be surprised by a nuclear attack. We'd see it coming. There are secure locations where personnel are monitoring for attacks 24/7. Of course, those attacks, once launched, leave little time for decision making and disseminating information. It would be up to the civilian authority, in this case sleepy joe, to decide whether or not to warn the nation. There is a complex process in place for responding, but the CINC has to give the order. That can normally be done quickly, but with diben, I just don't know how that would play out. I could see the USA not even responding under his watch. We have some defensive systems that could successfully mitigate a limited attack. My career track led me to be quite knowledgeable on this overall topic and many of its aspects but I can't really say much of anything.

I think it is something for which worry is wasted. It might even be better if people didn't know it was coming. The timing of knowing would leave precious little time for anything. You can't really prepare for it. I guess if you have an underground bunker that you can live in for decades you might be okay... There's a movie where a man built an underground bunker that could sustain the family for many decades. Something happened that led the man to believe that they were under a nuclear attack. He took his family down into the bunker and secured the entrance. They lived contentedly for decades until for reasons I don't remember the son goes up and sees the world for the first time. Where their house used to be a low-life bar now existed, and the exit from the bunker opened up into the middle of that bar.

As far as the chances of being nuked in the near future... are there despots in the world? Yes. Does power corrupt? Yes. Do some of these despots have the ability to rain nukes down on America? Yes? Will they? Maybe. Crazy people do crazy things. Look at how evil has twisted the minds of so many of our politicians, and of those who are antifa and BLM... I don't think the promise of mutually assured destruction can hold back a nuclear attack forever.

Where would they strike? That's a guessing game for sure. While the west would target military facilities, I think countries like China and Russia would strike population centers as well. The bigger the city the better the target. Take out San Diego, Long Beach, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Seattle on the west coast and you shut much of the USA down. I'm less familiar with major port cities on the east coast and the gulf, but all of those would be good targets for the enemy. US/NORAD Command and Control facilities that are designed for some protection from a nuclear exchange would likely be hit as well. D.C., of course. Air bases, both military and civilian might be hit to prevent bombers that are already in the air from having a place to return to and re-arm for a second round. Carrier battle groups would likely be targeted.

Lots of targets, yes? Russia is currently the only country that has the capacity to destroy the USA, and if they were going to launch a nuclear attack, they'd be wise to go all in to minimize the US ability to respond both short term and long term. In the case of China, the US would be able to destroy that country if it had a will to do so if China attacked us with a nuclear weapon(s). Would diben do so? I'm afraid he wouldn't even understand what was happening, and a quick decision would need to be made.
The only thing I am hearing that would get the YS by "surprise" would be if Russia launched a hypersonic missile to us because it's "not n detectable". But as you said if they would strike us they better go all in because even with casualties the US could retaliate fiercely. You know what else I heard? That the hypersonic missile was ours but it wasn't she'd yet when Russia stole the Intel and on how to make it and completed it first. I don't know remember who said that but I do know Russia and China have been stealing to our military secrets for decades

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
The only thing I am hearing that would get the YS by "surprise" would be if Russia launched a hypersonic missile to us because it's "not n detectable". But as you said if they would strike us they better go all in because even with casualties the US could retaliate fiercely. You know what else I heard? That the hypersonic missile was ours but it wasn't she'd yet when Russia stole the Intel and on how to make it and completed it first. I don't know remember who said that but I do know Russia and China have been stealing to our military secrets for decades

Hypersonic missiles are detectable. Sending just one at us would be kind of foolish in normal times, but maybe that would be enough for diben to surrender... especially if Delaware was the target.