Putin: ‘Evil Wokeness Is Killing the West’

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I never thought I'd ever agree 100% with something Vladimir Putin said, but he's exactly right about this. I am a bit surprised that he seemingly disparaged the Communist Revolution though. :scratch After all, had it not been for the revolution, Putin wouldn't right now be Russia's dictator president.

Putin's denounced previous Communist persecution of Christians. Not there, so I don't know if this was a political move to curry favor with the Russian Orthodox Church, or if he was pressured to do it by the ROC, or if he did it because it was the right thing to do. Or a little of each.

Ghoti Ichthus

I keep looking at countries that are banning the LGBT nonsense like Russia and Hungary. Maybe time to consider jumping ship from the USA. I know nothing of Hungary though and I imagine Russia isn't ideal to live in.

Much of the old Soviet Union is very beautiful. How welcoming it is for Western ex-pats, I have no idea, and no intention of finding out.

Ghoti Ichthus

I never thought I'd ever agree 100% with something Vladimir Putin said, but he's exactly right about this. I am a bit surprised that he seemingly disparaged the Communist Revolution though. :scratch After all, had it not been for the revolution, Putin wouldn't right now be Russia's dictator president.

Putin is an intelligent man. He probably sees beyond what's happening to what the conspirators are trying to do in the world, and ultimately the globalists are a threat to the sovereignty of Mother Russia. A strong United States has been a stabilizing force over the entire world, and he likely understands the immensity of what is being lost.

God ordains who will lead the various nations. The United States was founded as a Christian nation, and since we, as a nation, are are failing morally, either our leadership position as a nation will fail, or the U.S. will lead the world down the toilet.

Putin's familiarity with Church and world history, especially from an Eastern (political and Church) perspective, makes what is going on now ridiculously obvious.

FWIW, Russia/the old Soviet Union has a horrible problem with substance abuse, prostitution, organized crime, and violence. Putin can certainly see the parallels in causes and effects in both Russia/old Soviet Union and the U.S., but also understand the difference in world-wide influence insular versus open countries have, and thus, the more widespread the consequences of U.S. moral abrogation.

RonJohnSilver

I have no doubt that Russia is, in many ways, a delightful and certainly beautiful country. However, moving there? No chance. Putin is smart, but also ruthless. Plus, from what I read, Russia is in the sights of God's wrath. I think I'll stay where I am...if there was a substantially better place on earth to go, I'd go there, but then, so would everyone else so, yeah, here is where you'll find me.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I have no doubt that Russia is, in many ways, a delightful and certainly beautiful country. However, moving there? No chance. Putin is smart, but also ruthless. Plus, from what I read, Russia is in the sights of God's wrath. I think I'll stay where I am...if there was a substantially better place on earth to go, I'd go there, but then, so would everyone else so, yeah, here is where you'll find me.

There are places in South America where I would love to live if only there was "rule of law". The entire world is going down the drain... there's really no place to escape to. Thankfully, solace can be found in Jesus no matter where we find ourselves.

Bethlehem57

Russian President Vladimir Putin has warned that ‘wokeness’ is an “evil” left-wing ideology that will lead to the destruction of the West.

During a speech on Thursday at the 18th annual meeting of the Valdai International Discussion Club in Sochi, Putin slammed leftists for attempting to spread their ‘woke’ ideology which he said is causing societal issues throughout the Western world.

He warned that the far-left agenda is no different than what happened in Russia during the 1917 revolution, which he said was also “hailed as the march of progress.”

https://newspunch.com/putin-evil-wokeness-is-killing-the-west/
Hate to admit it, but he’s right. How much longer, Lord?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I have neighbors who spend half the year in Panama. They love it. Central America I know.

I know some who moved to Panama full time. Colombia would be my first choice, followed by Ecuador. Frankly, I wouldn't want to live around a bunch of ex-pats like what you've got in Panama. I'd probably purchase a small rural farm.

Christophilus

Russian President Vladimir Putin has warned that ‘wokeness’ is an “evil” left-wing ideology that will lead to the destruction of the West.

During a speech on Thursday at the 18th annual meeting of the Valdai International Discussion Club in Sochi, Putin slammed leftists for attempting to spread their ‘woke’ ideology which he said is causing societal issues throughout the Western world.

He warned that the far-left agenda is no different than what happened in Russia during the 1917 revolution, which he said was also “hailed as the march of progress.”

https://newspunch.com/putin-evil-wokeness-is-killing-the-west/
Pathetic that it takes a former KGB agent to point that out! How blind have so many become!?