Putin afraid of coup, will retire this year - source

athenasius

Putin afraid of coup, will retire this year - source
A former ally of the Russian President talked about the possibility that Putin might retire soon, rather then potentially getting killed in a coup.
By SHACHAR BERDISHEVSKY/MAARIV
Published: JANUARY 14, 2023

A source who was close to Putin once claimed that "the president will nominate his chosen heir already this year, instead of risking his downfall," the British Daily Mail reported on Friday. This comes after the Russian president's popularity is reportedly in a freefall because of repeated military failures in the war in Ukraine.

According to his former ally, Putin will want to transfer the power to his chosen successor and retire to his palace near the black sea, rather than risk a coup against him, similar to what happened to Qaddafi and other dictators.

Furthermore, he claimed Putin will seek to give up power, negotiate an end to the war in Ukraine and also not be part of the elections which are planned for 2024. He said, "the Russian despot will probably nominate one of his loyalists like the mayor of Moscow Sergey Sobyanin, Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin or his deputy Chief of Staff Dimitry Kuzak."

more............. https://www.jpost.com/international/article-728496
The problem with JPost here is they are quoting some anonymous source. Much like the health rumours of the past 3 or so years that trace back to one source that is also the source of a lot of rumours of a coup. If this comes from that same source, it's bogus, but it's hard to say because JPost doesn't list the source. This time last year that source was widely quoted around the world saying that a coup was underway. Like the health rumours, nothing came of it.

JPost has used that source in the past. It's a trio of letters, I can't remember it offhand but I know it to see it. I've thought from the get go that this was a source for KGB propaganda. I know they aren't the KGB anymore, but you know what I mean. The KGB loves to use sources on the Right wing who believe that they are acting for conservative values on the political right. It makes the propaganda that much more palatable to the west.

I don't trust anything like this because of the way Russians use disinformation like this to create a fog of uncertainty where they can sow confusion in their enemy.

As for Wagner's Prigozhin he is a close ally of Putin, and has been for a very long time. He is one of the hawks around Putin, encouraging more and harsher measures against Ukraine. Mr Prigozhin was instrumental in helping Putin in Syria, and in several countries in Africa one of which is the Sudan which is part of the invasion force that Russia gathers for Ezek 38 Gog Magog invasion. Since the invasion of Ukraine, the Wagner group has been helping Putin.

Last edited:

athenasius

General SVR is the source I couldn't remember yesterday. Watch out for any news that cites them as a source because whether it's done knowingly or not, the KGB which is now called the SVR or the FSB (corresponds to the CIA and FBI-- the SVR is world wide while the FSB is domestic but like the CIA and FBI the lines are a little blurry at times)

You'll see that General SVR is like saying General CIA. That is because the person supposedly behind the group is a former high ranking officer of the KGB/SVR and "hates" Putin and is trying to overthrow him.

That may be the truth but when observing Russians it pays to be skeptical of surface appearances.

Remember that a time honoured method of Russian disinformation is to use their enemies by feeding them tasty bits of gossip that the KGB WANTS to come out from the Right wing of any political party or in the case of the USA-- using supposed Trump supporters and the Q to disseminate their version of the "truth".

If it's well done, the enemy organization never realizes they are now working for the KGB. They still think they are working for the alt right or Q Anon or whatever the KGB wants them to think. Zero Hedge and Info Wars are some more sites that I've spotted what I think is likely Russian disinformation/propaganda coming from.

A VERY useful method to spread lies and disinformation from sources the alt right trusts.

Of course the other method is to set up a group that is supposedly "against Putin" and drop disinformation that way.

HOW DO YOU KNOW?

Well you take a look at the track record. In this case "General SVR" is ALWAYS lying. For the past 3 years I think it's been that I've been paying attention they are always giving "news" that the western media is GLAD to hear. And it's always false. Putin hasn't died yet, any symptoms he has are taken out of context and blown up to be thyroid cancer, pancreatic cancer or a coup in Poland made up of ex KGB is getting ready to topple him. That last one was a few months back, maybe a year.

NOW THIS.

It has General SVR's fingerprints all over it but the KGB are getting cagey and they didn't give JPost the usual SVR source--it's ANONYMOUS, totally anonymous.

Therefore based on past track records of JPost and the Daily Mirror in Britain giving out this kind of propaganda I'd say it's General SVR all over again.

Therefore bogus.

Here are some more identified and named in this news article: https://medium.com/dfrlab/russia-li...arratives-about-ukraine-and-nato-f1a3aba9d6ea

However that is just my own personal opinion based on years of living within a Russian expat family that escaped the Russian and then the Chinese revolutions, and who were justifiably paranoid about the ways and means that Russia has always used over it's citizens and around the world.

Last edited:

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
General SVR is the source I couldn't remember yesterday. Watch out for any news that cites them as a source because whether it's done knowingly or not, the KGB which is now called the SVR or the FSB (corresponds to the CIA and FBI-- the SVR is world wide while the FSB is domestic but like the CIA and FBI the lines are a little blurry at times)

You'll see that General SVR is like saying General CIA. That is because the person supposedly behind the group is a former high ranking officer of the KGB/SVR and "hates" Putin and is trying to overthrow him.

That may be the truth but when observing Russians it pays to be skeptical of surface appearances.

Remember that a time honoured method of Russian disinformation is to use their enemies by feeding them tasty bits of gossip that the KGB WANTS to come out from the Right wing of any political party or in the case of the USA-- using supposed Trump supporters and the Q to disseminate their version of the "truth".

If it's well done, the enemy organization never realizes they are now working for the KGB. They still think they are working for the alt right or Q Anon or whatever the KGB wants them to think. Zero Hedge and Info Wars are some more sites that I've spotted what I think is likely Russian disinformation/propaganda coming from.

A VERY useful method to spread lies and disinformation from sources the alt right trusts.

Of course the other method is to set up a group that is supposedly "against Putin" and drop disinformation that way.

HOW DO YOU KNOW?

Well you take a look at the track record. In this case "General SVR" is ALWAYS lying. For the past 3 years I think it's been that I've been paying attention they are always giving "news" that the western media is GLAD to hear. And it's always false. Putin hasn't died yet, any symptoms he has are taken out of context and blown up to be thyroid cancer, pancreatic cancer or a coup in Poland made up of ex KGB is getting ready to topple him. That last one was a few months back, maybe a year.

NOW THIS.

It has General SVR's fingerprints all over it but the KGB are getting cagey and they didn't give JPost the usual SVR source--it's ANONYMOUS, totally anonymous.

Therefore based on past track records of JPost and the Daily Mirror in Britain giving out this kind of propaganda I'd say it's General SVR all over again.

Therefore bogus.

Here are some more identified and named in this news article: https://medium.com/dfrlab/russia-li...arratives-about-ukraine-and-nato-f1a3aba9d6ea

However that is just my own personal opinion based on years of living within a Russian expat family that escaped the Russian and then the Chinese revolutions, and who were justifiably paranoid about the ways and means that Russia has always used over it's citizens and around the world.
Lol i love the "How do you know " subheading

paul289

This is the trap my mom has fallen into, eating up Q-aligned news sources and podcasts that publish all sorts of unverifiable information and predictions that never come true. I've asked her a few times if anything has come true that they have predicted, but she just keeps coming back to "I need hope." Of course, OUR hope is in the great appearing of our Glorious God and Savior, and I've told her as much, but she seems to still be attached to this world. Gotta say, it's pretty effective propaganda for those who desire this world.

Back