Putin a Christian/Believer??

MAL18

Not sure this is the right subforum for this topic..... want to pose the question is "Putin a believer" question for discussion. Had one of my Twitter followers commented on one of my posts and said Putin opposed the globalists/new world order and he promoted Christian values. and we should be thanking the Lord for a leader like Putin. Thoughts?

ShilohRose

Putin is a communist who wants to reclaim old USSR territory. He opposes the New World Order because he doesn't want to be under their thumb. He may promote Christian values, when it suits his purposes, and he has probably seen that Liberal morality creates decay and chaos. Is he a Christian? I have no idea.

jab777

Putin is a communist who wants to reclaim old USSR territory. He opposes the New World Order because he doesn't want to be under their thumb. He may promote Christian values, when it suits his purposes, and he has probably seen that Liberal morality creates decay and chaos. Is he a Christian? I have no idea.
No one can know what’s in his heart for sure. But yes, he wants to put the band back together and that’s always been his goal. Like anyone with a mindset like that he will use whatever means necessary to achieve his goals.

cheeky200386

I do find it interesting how strongly he opposes the left LGBT nonsense. I was thinking how funny it is that I have more in common with Putin's values than from many of the leaders here in the USA. Yet, I know that doesn't make one Christian. Muslims oppose LGBT beliefs, yet we know they aren't believers.

Andy C

I read his father was an atheist, his mom an orthodox Christian, and she had him baptized as an infant.

In a few interviews I read about him, he is very supportive of the churches in Russia, but does not talk about his personal beliefs, as he believes a leader of a country should not do so.

IMO its not fruitful speculating about his beliefs.

usoutpost31

In Russia the majority of the population calls themselves "orthodox" or "Christian" now, but in reality church attendance is very low, and atheism is still very prominent. What Putin believes in is religious nationalism.

I consider him a murderer for the number of his critics who have died violent deaths, and an autocrat if not outright dictator. I don't share any values with him. And I don't think there's any sincerity in his "Christianity".

lismore

I do find it interesting how strongly he opposes the left LGBT nonsense. I was thinking how funny it is that I have more in common with Putin's values than from many of the leaders here in the USA. Yet, I know that doesn't make one Christian. Muslims oppose LGBT beliefs, yet we know they aren't believers.
Interesting! I also read that the Syrian dictator, Bashar al-Assad was favourable towards Christians and churches and received some measure of support from them. But for al-Assad and Putin it is more likely to be a political stance than any genuine spiritual reason. God Bless :)