Psalms 83 Questions

Andy C

My view and many others at Rapture Ready were of a Psalm83 war before Bill Salus came onto the scene.
The most difficult part of no Psalm 83 war for me is that all those countries who hate ISRAEL are not mentioned in Ezekiel38. I just can not see them watching Gog attack ISRAEL from the sidelines and not joining in. Also Iran is not a leader in Ezekiel 38, they are a secondary player after Jeremiah49. I also have a hard time putting Isaiah17 in Ezekiel38.
As far as the time line I see Psalm83 within the next year and than a couple of years to clean up and Ezekiel38.
I agree. Israels neighbors will be removed as a threat prior to Ezekiel 38, and Psalm 83 fits perfect IMO as to how this will happen. I do believe the church will still be here for Psalm 83.

Hol

Worships Him
It may happen.

In watching the Fatah and Hamas reconciliation fall apart it may be a melt down where they lose an ability to attack Israel. With both Egypt and the Saudis exerting pressure to tamper down hostilities toward Israel the PA may be faced with little support in the desire to wipe Israel off the map. Somehow Iran has a reduced role. They are currently building infrastructure near Damascus.

However the Lord chooses to prepare Israel for the GT will happen, even their neighbors in boastful hostilities can be made neutral if He restrains them. :idunno

Last edited:

Joseph The Carpenter

Psalm83 will make Hamas peaceful and the wall will come down, the ten or twenty percent that survive will move to an Arab nation or be happy to remain in ISRAEL and have a good job.
ISRAEL will be living in their Genesis land before Ezekiel38. They may not be fighting a war at this very moment but they sure are preparing for one. They also have a twenty foot wall between them and their neighbor.
Egypt, Jordan and Saudi Arabia have very good armies and their pilots train in America constantly. Combine them with ISRAEL and America this will be a war like the world has never seen before. Most likely over in thirty days.

MePlus6

I’m still a little lost I guess.

If we see the pieces mostly in place right now for Ez 38/39 but Ps 83 comes *before* it, then don’t the walls in Israel have to come down first before Ps 83 even starts? Or am I confused?

Steve53

I’m still a little lost I guess.

If we see the pieces mostly in place right now for Ez 38/39 but Ps 83 comes *before* it, then don’t the walls in Israel have to come down first before Ps 83 even starts? Or am I confused?
The walls may come down post Psalm 83 or they could be destroyed during the conflict.... IMHO if we're here to witness Psalm 83, we'll be gone very, very soon after and sometime after our departure, the events of Ezekiel 38 & 39 will take place and usher in Daniel's 70th week.

mchro73

Psalm83 will make Hamas peaceful and the wall will come down, the ten or twenty percent that survive will move to an Arab nation or be happy to remain in ISRAEL and have a good job.
ISRAEL will be living in their Genesis land before Ezekiel38. They may not be fighting a war at this very moment but they sure are preparing for one. They also have a twenty foot wall between them and their neighbor.
Egypt, Jordan and Saudi Arabia have very good armies and their pilots train in America constantly. Combine them with ISRAEL and America this will be a war like the world has never seen before. Most likely over in thirty days.

I think it will be quicker than 30 days. I would say...1 day. Reason why I think this is that we can't forget that Damascus will be destroyed, wiped out into a "ruinous heap"

Isaiah 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

12 Woe to the multitude of many people, which make a noise like the noise of the seas; and to the rushing of nations, that make a rushing like the rushing of mighty waters!

13 The nations shall rush like the rushing of many waters: but God shall rebuke them, and they shall flee far off, and shall be chased as the chaff of the mountains before the wind, and like a rolling thing before the whirlwind.

14 And behold at eveningtide trouble(War, battle enemies attacking?); and before the morning he is not(battle with Damascus is over?). This is the portion of them that spoil us, and the lot of them that rob us.

This being said, if Damascus is wiped out within a day, I don't think the rest of the invading armies are lasting much longer. This is not going to be a rocket/tank/artillery/jet with small bombs battle like we see in Syria/Irag/and Yemen. This will be much bigger. ICBMs, nukes?, jets with huge bombs, major major major use of the Iron dome and David's Sling and everything else that Israel has.

Also...there is a little known prophecy in Jeremiah about the Destruction yet of another far away land. Not sure if it happens during the Psalm 83 war or before/after. Does anyone have any idea how this prophecy could fit into Psalm 83 events and know where this land is and what I am talking about? It's mentioned here in the forums somewhere. The other major place of destruction is not really a city, but a mountainous land and it's one of the enemies in Psalms 83. Who can point out the set of I think 6 verses that talks about this piece of land? :) Happy hunting!

P.S. Small hints....Argo, vast empire, nuclear reactor(s) and mfg of nuke facilities

Last edited:

Len

I came across this PDF file today and it had this to say about the "walls" issue, but just another opinion in the scheme of things as only God knows how it is all going to come about before it does
WALLS & GATES
Ezekiel 38:11 says that when the Magog (Russian-Islamic) Invasion occurs, Israel will be “dwelling without walls, and having
neither bars nor gates.” Though often used literally, this expression is figurative here, meaning “vulnerable” because
verse 20 says that when Magog attacks, “every wall shall fall to the ground.” For a wall to “fall to the ground,” it has to be a
literal wall. Yet, to be “without walls,” at the same place at the same time, is not possible unless the expression “without walls”
is figurative.
Magog will attack Israel’s “unwalled” Self-Security, unaware of Israel’s God-Security!

Saved and Waiting

I am bumping this thread!
Do y’all feel this current conflict fits here? What is Jordan’s position as of right now?
From Jack Kelley:

Psalm 83, Follow Up

Question: It seems to me that both Jordan and Egypt would need to be involved in the attack to make the Ps 83 list complete. The kingdom of Edom goes into Egypt. If there is a war this summer it is unlikely that both Jordan and Egypt would be involved. In fact, Egypt is also involved in the stopping of ships going into Gaza. Something the media ignores. So I would like to know if you think that Egypt would be on the Ps 83 list. If not, then why not?

Answer: Egypt was a nation before Israel existed. It has never ceased to be one, and neither its name nor its location has ever changed. The people of Edom were descendants of Shem through Esau whereas the Egyptians are from Ham through Mizraim. Therefore the phrase tents of Edom in Psalm 83:6 can’t refer to Egypt. The border between Egypt and Edom might have shifted from time to time, but Egypt has never been known as Edom. I think If Egypt was to be part of the Psalm 83 confederacy, it would have been listed there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saved and Waiting

Also from Jack Kelley on Jordan:

Question: Jordan is the only nation on the Ps 83 list that is not in a current hostile relationship (officially) with Israel. So, if Jordan were to turn against Israel and break their peace treaty with them and join in a war against Israel with those other nations, we would have a fulfillment of Ps 83 literally. Is that correct?

Answer: King Abdullah II of Jordan has publicly stated that he thinks Jordan’s treaty with Israel is a mistake. He has clearly been more critical of Israel lately, lobbying the US, Egypt, and others against the Jews. Some observers believe he’s looking for a way to break the treaty. If hostilities break out, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him supporting the attackers in some way, as Psalm 83 indicates.

Something has to change where Jordan is concerned for the believing remnant of Israel to find refuge in Petra (southern Jordan) during the Great Tribulation, as Isaiah 63:1-6 and Rev. 12:13-14 reveal. But it doesn’t appear Jordan will cease to exist, because Daniel 11:41 says the Anti-Christ will not be able to over power Edom, Moab, and the leaders of Ammon during the Great Tribulation. (end of answer)

I believe that it is in Petra, in southern Jordan, that Jews will flee to and the Anti-Christ will not be able to destroy them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back