Psalm 83....help with understanding

Ohioan

in todays view what would have to happen to cause Israel to live unwalled and secure?
This verse has great application to answer your question,

King James Bible
And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

He,the antichrist, will be able to enforce and back up the covenant he makes with the many in Daniel 9:27

Daniel 9:27
“And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.”

athenasius

The Tower of Syene

You will be able to see the scripture reference to this later in the article,

"Part of this prophecy beginning in verse one was filled during the Babylonian captivity, but when this prophecy was written, the Tower of Syene did not exist, that is until now. The rest of the fulfillment will happen in the last days. The tower was built around 1967 and resides next to Egypt’s Aswan Dam and can be seen highlighted in yellow below."

This may very well be why Egypt is not mentioned in the Ezekiel 38 and 39 war, but is a casualty in the Psalm 83 war. Read the article for yourself though, for I think scripture leans in that direction.

https://lookingforthatblessedhope.com/tag/tower-of-syene/

.thou didst break…….
Posted on April 7, 2015
Back in the summer of 2014 during the Israeli/Hamas conflict, Egypt’s head of government Al-Sisi, publicly announced a role in “protecting” Israel’s southern border. Egypt had offered to help Israel by closing off the Rafah Border Crossing to the Egyptian Sinai Peninsula in order to keep military arms and supplies away from Hamas.

But now, an article released April 6th from Arutz Sheva says ‘Egypt is Preparing for War with Israel’. The information comes from Noha Hashad, an Egyptian pro-Israeli nuclear scientist who escaped Egypt after years of torture. She claims the Egyptian military buildup in the Sinai Peninsula to fight “terrorist” that reside there is really just a front to cover up a plan to attack Israel.

Speaking to Israel Hayom‘s Emily Amrousi from her new home in Haifa, Hashad was asked to give her take about Egypt’s actions in Sinai, where the Egyptian army has been fighting radical groups such as Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis, a group that recently swore allegiance to Islamic State (ISIS).

“That’s all for show,” appraised Hashad. “In the race for the presidency, Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis supported (President Abdel Fattah) al-Sisi, who isn’t really fighting them.”

The nuclear scientist warned “Egypt is preparing for war with Israel. It armed and trained Hamas in Gaza. Whoever knows Arabic can hear the heads of Egyptian military intelligence talk about wide canals that open up between Israel and Egypt that will be used at the appropriate time.”

The warning echoes appraisals by Col. (res.) Dr. Shaul Shay, former deputy head of the Israel National Security
Council, who wrote in Israel Defense last December that the “Badr 2014” military maneuver, its largest in decades, was meant to prepare for “a potential conflict with Israel.”

Egypt has been imposing a massive buffer zone inside Gaza on the southern border with the Sinai, evicting thousands of locals and creating a presence within the Hamas stronghold.

Last February the Nile state sealed a $2 billion arms deal with Russia, and just last Tuesday US President Barack Obama unfroze American military aid that had been suspended in the violent coup that put al-Sisi in power in July, 2013.

What does the Bible have to say about this? There is a prophecy in Ezekiel that mentions Egypt’s betrayal against Israel.

6 And all the inhabitants of Egypt shall know that I am the Lord, because they have been a staff of reed to the house of Israel. 7 When they took hold of thee by thy hand, thou didst break, and rend all their shoulder: and when they leaned upon thee, thou brakest, and madest all their loins to be at a stand. 8 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will bring a sword upon thee, and cut off man and beast out of thee. 9 And the land of Egypt shall be desolate and waste; and they shall know that I am the Lord: because he hath said, The river is mine, and I have made it. 10 Behold, therefore I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia. No foot of man shall pass through it, nor foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years. Ezekiel 29:6-11

Part of this prophecy beginning in verse one was filled during the Babylonian captivity, but when this prophecy was written, the Tower of Syene did not exist, that is until now. The rest of the fulfillment will happen in the last days. The tower was built around 1967 and resides next to Egypt’s Aswan Dam and can be seen highlighted in yellow below.

What could cause the damage foretold in Ezekiel and why are the Egyptians scattered among the nations as verse 12 says? If Israel is threatened by Egypt, all it would take is a Israeli nuclear air strike against the dam. The Aswan Dam holds back the enormous Lake Nasser, 340 miles long and 22 miles wide at its widest point. The 40 years of Egypt’s desolation prophesied will continue into the millennium.

Let’s not forget the recent consensus by the Arab League to form a united Arab army all at the request of Abdel Fattah Saeed Hussein Khalil el-Sisi, the sixth and current President of Egypt

This area is again in the news (when it isn't hyperfocused on wall to wall Covid-19 or Trump) with Egypt in a big spat with Ethiopia over Ethiopia's new dam built on the Blue Nile upstream from the Aswan Dam (tower of Syrene). And Russia (who built the Aswan dam) is taking over the mediator spot from America as Egypt and Ethiopia pivot towards Putin and Russia to fix their dispute.

A dispute that is threatening to become a war between Egypt and Ethiopia.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-50328647

https://apnews.com/22ed02597e9a415a9cc5cefe3ab48caf-- and with this last one be careful how you read it. This is a beautiful example of a pro Russian puff piece that delicately skates over the actions of the Wagner group in Africa securing Putin's "possessions". Never forget that the process Putin began in Syria is playing out over the continent of Africa (I've put threads up on that subject in the Gog Magog section here on RF). He is moving in and grabbing control of these oil rich, badly managed tribal countries of Africa. And he is using Egypt to help him do it.

Ohioan

This area is again in the news (when it isn't hyperfocused on wall to wall Covid-19 or Trump) with Egypt in a big spat with Ethiopia over Ethiopia's new dam built on the Blue Nile upstream from the Aswan Dam (tower of Syrene). And Russia (who built the Aswan dam) is taking over the mediator spot from America as Egypt and Ethiopia pivot towards Putin and Russia to fix their dispute.

A dispute that is threatening to become a war between Egypt and Ethiopia.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-50328647

https://apnews.com/22ed02597e9a415a9cc5cefe3ab48caf-- and with this last one be careful how you read it. This is a beautiful example of a pro Russian puff piece that delicately skates over the actions of the Wagner group in Africa securing Putin's "possessions". Never forget that the process Putin began in Syria is playing out over the continent of Africa (I've put threads up on that subject in the Gog Magog section here on RF). He is moving in and grabbing control of these oil rich, badly managed tribal countries of Africa. And he is using Egypt to help him do it.
Both articles,very interesting, and I will give a different location of the AP story since it did not find the story when I clicked on it.
https://apnews.com/22ed02597e9a415a9cc5cefe3ab48caf the only difference being the 2 slashes at the end as far as I can see.

Found this part interesting as far as allowing these planes to land there in South Africa,

"Other African leaders expressed warmth over Russia’s revived interest in the continent.

“What stands Russia in good stead in the eyes of many African countries is that Russia was never a colonial power,” South African President Cyril Ramaphosa said, according to his spokeswoman.

He spoke shortly after a pair of Russian nuclear-capable bombers landed in his country on an unprecedented visit to the continent, reflecting Moscow’s new push for clout."

This part also,

What does the Bible have to say about this? There is a prophecy in Ezekiel that mentions Egypt’s betrayal against Israel.

6 And all the inhabitants of Egypt shall know that I am the Lord, because they have been a staff of reed to the house of Israel. 7 When they took hold of thee by thy hand, thou didst break, and rend all their shoulder: and when they leaned upon thee, thou brakest, and madest all their loins to be at a stand. 8 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will bring a sword upon thee, and cut off man and beast out of thee. 9 And the land of Egypt shall be desolate and waste; and they shall know that I am the Lord: because he hath said, The river is mine, and I have made it. 10 Behold, therefore I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia. No foot of man shall pass through it, nor foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years. Ezekiel 29:6-11

Part of this prophecy beginning in verse one was filled during the Babylonian captivity, but when this prophecy was written, the Tower of Syene did not exist, that is until now. The rest of the fulfillment will happen in the last days. The tower was built around 1967 and resides next to Egypt’s Aswan Dam and can be seen highlighted in yellow below.

Last edited:

Ohioan

Both articles,very interesting, and I will give a different location of the AP story since it did not find the story when I clicked on it.
https://apnews.com/22ed02597e9a415a9cc5cefe3ab48caf the only difference being the 2 slashes at the end as far as I can see.

Found this part interesting as far as allowing these planes to land there in South Africa,

"Other African leaders expressed warmth over Russia’s revived interest in the continent.

“What stands Russia in good stead in the eyes of many African countries is that Russia was never a colonial power,” South African President Cyril Ramaphosa said, according to his spokeswoman.

He spoke shortly after a pair of Russian nuclear-capable bombers landed in his country on an unprecedented visit to the continent, reflecting Moscow’s new push for clout."

This part also,

According to Psalm 83, Egypt is confederate with the other countries mentioned, those that are the inner ring of nations immediately surrounding Israel, come against her. The betrayal, because it is Egypt that has a peace treaty with Israel, that Egypt breaks when it comes against Israel. From other posts that you have made about the tower of Syene, the scenario that would make the most sense is a nuclear strike against the Aswan dam,
releasing water that has become radioactive and has covered the land of Egypt, it is the only reason I can think as to how the land of Egypt becomes desolate for a period of 40 years. Sudan also seems to be affected because the water of the Nile also comes down from Ethiopia from where another dam is being constructed,at least according to the article, that dam's building should be either completed or near completion with the only thing needed is the filling of the reservoir with water.

Basscat

To me, the motive describes the Arab-Israeli wars of the 20th century. Israel now has peace with Jordan and Egypt, and increasingly warmer and more open relations with many of the Arab states. Indeed, they share common interests against Iran, which is not mentioned in the Psalm. In my opinion, the best argument for a future Psalm war is the implication of the unwalled villages thing from Ezekiel. I just can't see Israel resting easy with Iran an uncountered mortal threat, currently on their northern border in Syria.

I count Psalm 83 as fulfilled... the nations did plot in vain and God acted through the course of several wars to preserve his people and reclaim Jerusalem... it just wasn't the total destruction of the antagonists and vast expansion of territory that people expect. If there is a future Psalm conflict, how does Iran stay out of it?

I could well be wrong, but do think this is probably an issue that's easier to see as we get closer to the Ezekiel war than it was in recent years.
It is a known tactic, right out of the Muslim playbook to be friends with your enemies until your stronger than they are. Till they drop there guard. Then they will make their move.
Even though they may be peaceful now. If an invasion starts they will be there.
Israel will have no choice, with 10s of thousands of missiles heading their way but inact the Samson Option. Game over

Ohioan

It is a known tactic, right out of the Muslim playbook to be friends with your enemies until your stronger than they are. Till they drop there guard. Then they will make their move.
Even though they may be peaceful now. If an invasion starts they will be there.
Israel will have no choice, with 10s of thousands of missiles heading their way but inact the Samson Option. Game over
That is quite true,

http://www.danielpipes.org/comments/116862

Lying is permitted in Islam (Taquia)

Reader comment on item: Is Tariq Ramadan Lying [about Magdi Allam]?

Submitted by David (United States), Dec 24, 2007 at 13:17
I believe that Mr. Ramadan is practicing the "Taquia" which is a provision in Islam to lie under 3 conditions including advancing the cause of Allah and to deceive your enemies. So, it is very hard to trust Muslims because you don't know if they are saying what they really believe or they are lying to the Westerners because they are in a weaker stage of Jihad (the stage of El-estedaaf), but they can change when they are in a stronger position to fight and express their true feelings.
Another issue, I believe that the law makers in the West should recognize that a claim by someone that another muslim is Murtad (Apostate) is actually a call for his execution according to Islam. If someone called for the killing of someone else, he could be charged for inciting murder and this should be the same for calling someone apostate from Islam. The west is the only place for some of these converts to be safe and I believe that it is our moral duty in the west to protect them from a radical like Mr. Ramadan.
thanks,
David

Ohioan

That's a really good word to know.:basketball
Dr. David Reagan had thanked Bill Salus in his research on Psalm 83, because he never could understand why the immediate countries surrounding Israel are not mentioned in the Ezekiel 38 and 39 war.

I believe that the Psalm 83 war, like Bill Salus, would be considered a 'now prophecy' or one that could occur at any time.

Hal Lindsey has said and believed also that the Psalm 83 war has to happen first in order to set up the confirmation of the covenant that the prince that shall come shall make with the many of Dan 9:27

That confirmation of the peace treaty will set up the condition for Russia to invade Israel, that condition being Israel living in peace and security,
Also there has to be a certain amount of time that has to elapse between these two wars, the Psalm 83 war pretrib and Ezekiel 38 and 39 war midtrib.

Ezekiel 38:11

“And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,”

King James Version (KJV)

< Previous Verse
Next Verse >
▲ View Chapter

Ezekiel 38:11 Context

8After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them. 9Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee. 10Thus saith the Lord GOD; It shall also come to pass, that at the same time shall things come into thy mind, and thou shalt think an evil thought: 11And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates, 12To take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land. 13Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil? 14Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord GOD; In that day when my people of Israel dwelleth safely, shalt thou not know it?
▲ View Chapter

sawas

Dr. David Reagan had thanked Bill Salus in his research on Psalm 83, because he never could understand why the immediate countries surrounding Israel are not mentioned in the Ezekiel 38 and 39 war.

I believe that the Psalm 83 war, like Bill Salus, would be considered a 'now prophecy' or one that could occur at any time.

Hal Lindsey has said and believed also that the Psalm 83 war has to happen first in order to set up the confirmation of the covenant that the prince that shall come shall make with the many of Dan 9:27

That confirmation of the peace treaty will set up the condition for Russia to invade Israel, that condition being Israel living in peace and security,
Also there has to be a certain amount of time that has to elapse between these two wars, the Psalm 83 war pretrib and Ezekiel 38 and 39 war midtrib.

“And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,”

King James Version (KJV)

8After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them. 9Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee. 10Thus saith the Lord GOD; It shall also come to pass, that at the same time shall things come into thy mind, and thou shalt think an evil thought: 11And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates, 12To take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land. 13Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil? 14Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord GOD; In that day when my people of Israel dwelleth safely, shalt thou not know it?
▲ View Chapter
Yes, I'm generally inclined to view it that way myself, with a few caveats. Mostly, I find the "unwalled villages" condition of Ezekiel 38 (as you note above) to best be satisfied in this interpretation.

sawas

King James Version (KJV)

< Previous Verse
Next Verse >
▲ View Chapter

▲ View Chapter
Oh, one other thought - a few of us (with the capable assistance of @athenasius) are trying to study and flesh out (in another thread) both Psalm 83 and Isaiah 17 vis a vis the timing of Ezekiel 38. Perhaps you'd have something to contribute there?

Saved and Waiting

I'm down to two possible scenarios. First, the Rapture happens, chaos ensues, the US military is without thousands or more military personal, and the surrounding countries see it as a good time to attack Israel with her friend America unable to come to her aid. Israel bombs Damascus because she knows there are a tremendous amount of ammunitions beneath her and God allows Israel to destroy the other neighbors and she regains the land God gave her making her feel more like the peace and safety we keep hearing of. Sometime after regaining the land, Iran, Russia, and others band together and Ezekiel 38 gets going. Enter the anti-christ to save the day. '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' Second, Israel keeps getting bombs lobbed into the country and finally takes out Damascus.... the surrounding countries attack Israel quickly and the United States sends thousands of troops and air power over to Israel to help Her. When we see Iran, Russia, and others going after Israel and the Rapture happens in that time frame, Israel is completely without help except for their God which is all she's going to need. Russia attacks on the mountains of Israel and five-sixths of its army is destroyed. The world is in chaos on all sorts of fronts and now this....enter the anti-christ to save the day and bring peace back to a broken and terrified world. Either way, I believe Psalm 83 and Isaiah 17 happen pretty much at the same time and then Ezekiel 38. There's no reason for the US to be involved with much if any of Ezekiel 38...God is showing Himself mightily and we are not needed. I have told so many people about psalm 83 and especially Isaiah 17 that I have always hoped God will not remove His Church until after Damascus and more people come to Christ before the Rapture when they see that. Just my thoughts....but sooner than soon I hope we get to find out what order it all comes in.

katt

I believe that when the Psalm 83 war is over...Israel's enemy countries that are further away from them will become dormant for a while...taking the time to regroup and think...like they always do..I believe this time..it will also be fear of Israel that will cause them to take a breather...this will bring on the peace in Israel that causes them to remove all defensive walls in the country...Israel will have much unpresidented wealth because they will have the oil from the Psalm 83 countries....Israel will become the wealthy peaceful country of unwalled villages spoken of in Ezekiel 38...that's when the Arab nations mentioned in Ezekiels prophecy get jealous and their hate boils..they know they can't defeat them and they go to Russia for help....the prophecy says.... I will put a hook in your jaw....meaning...you don't want to do this...but I will make you....what exactly does this mean?.....it means.....the Arabs have a hold of some kind on Russia...a very strong hold, one that means....with enough begging and pleading they finally pull something Russia can't deny or argue with....what could that be?.....well....every time Putin makes a deal....I think.....you're just digging Russia in deeper....pretty soon you'll be in so deep....the Islamic world will not have to tug very hard on God's hook to get you to lead the Gog/Magog war......

Ohioan

How about the Psalm 83 war coming to fruition this July, this article makes this a real probability,

https://www.jpost.com/arab-israeli-...y-as-july-1-under-netanyahu-gantz-deal-625304

• according to paragraph 28: “The Prime Minister and the Alternate Prime Minister will work together and in coordination to advance a peace agreement with all our neighbors and to advance regional cooperation in a variety of economic spheres, as well as with respect to the COVID-19 crisis.”

The coalition agreement splits the premiership between Netanyahu and Gantz, with Netanyahu serving as head of state for 18 months followed by Gantz for another year and a half.

Both men pledged to support the peace plan that US President Donald Trump unveiled in Washington in January. It allowed for Israeli sovereignty in the first of a four-year process, which also provided for the creation of a demilitarized Palestinian state in 70% of the West Bank.

Gantz has opposed annexation and would prefer to come to an agreement with the Palestinians and the international community for Israel to retain much of that 30% of West Bank land within its sovereignty. The coalition agreement, however, allows for Netanyahu to move forward on annexation irrespective of Gantz’s position on the matter.

Paragraph 28 also states: “With regard to President Trump's declaration [on the peace plan], the Prime Minister and the Alternate Prime Minister will act in full agreement with the United States, including with the Americans in regard to the maps and with international dialogue on the subject.”

Latest articles from Jpost

They will do “all of this while pursuing the security and strategic interests of the State of Israel, including the need for maintaining regional stability, the preservation of peace agreements and the pursuit of future peace agreements,” it stated.

The agreement went on in paragraph 29 to detail the manner in which Netanyahu could bring a sovereignty bill to the Knesset, including a decision to limit authorship of such legislation to Netanyahu’s Likud Party.

This would prevent either members of the Yamina or Yisrael Beytenu parties from putting forward such a bill.

Paragraph 29 of the agreement states: “After discussions and consultations are conducted between the Prime Minister and the Alternate Prime Minister based on the principles outlined above, the Prime Minister will be able to bring forward the agreement reached with the United States on the application of sovereignty for debate by the cabinet and government and for approval by the government and/or the Knesset as of July 1, 2020.”

Paragraph 29 continues: “If the Prime Minister wants to bring his proposal to the Knesset, he can do so through a member of Knesset, provided that [the parliamentarian] is from the Likud faction. A preliminary reading would be held so that the legislation could be amended in conjunction with the wording that the prime minister presented to the cabinet and government.”

On the assumption that the legislation would be sponsored by the government, the bill would be presented for a preliminary reading and a first reading, paragraph 29 stated.

The legislation would then be “passed into law in the quickest way possible and in a manner that would not disrupt or delay the process by the heads of the Knesset Committee and the Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee,” it stated.

[email protected] https://www.jpost.com/arab-israeli-...y-as-july-1-under-netanyahu-gantz-deal-625304

Ohioan

But of course the Arabs are not too happy with Trump's peace plan,

PLO SECRETARY-GENERAL Saeb Erekat called on both Netanyahu and Gantz to engaged in a peace process based on the pre-1967 lines, which would allow the Palestinians to retain all of the West Bank, including the territory where the settlements are located.

There is broad agreement in the international community for this position.

“A government coalition based on a commitment to annex more occupied Palestinian territory is a threat to a rules-based world order in general, but to peace, security and stability in the Middle East in particular,” Erekat said.

“Annexation means the end of any possibility for a negotiated solution. It is an international responsibility to hold the new Israeli government accountable and to demand full implementation of its obligations under international law and signed agreements,” he said.

Both the PLO and the PA have rejected the Trump peace plan.

The Israeli left-wing group Peace Now accused both men of prioritizing a fringe concept that lacked national consensus at a time when all resources should be going to combating the COVID-19 pandemic. It warned that annexation would lead to an apartheid-like state with two different classes of citizens: Israelis and Palestinians.

In a message aimed at Gantz, Peace Now stated: “Don't sell us stories about an emergency government to fight the coronavirus when you are in fact a partner in establishing an annexation government. Anyone who bolsters the far-right now will be responsible in the future if annexation is implemented and Israel's democratic future is imperiled."

Settler leaders welcomed the move. Efrat Council head Oded Revivi said that such a show of unity was critical in light of the COVID-19 pandemic and in the aftermath of three election campaigns.

“I believe that the unity government will also help fan the flames of hatred between the various camps in Israeli society. The eve of Holocaust Remembrance Day is a symbolic moment for demonstrations of unity in Israel,” Revivi said.

Other settler leaders reminded Netanyahu and Gantz that sovereignty must be on the top of their agenda.

“The new government that is being established has an unprecedented majority for the application of Israeli sovereignty in Judea and Samaria and the Jordan Valley,” Yesha Council head David Elhayani said.

“We expect to see the Knesset approve such a law in the near future. Together, with a strong and united government, we will continue the previous government's' policy of developing and promoting settlement in the region,” he added.

Samaria Regional Council head Yossi Dagan said, “we will work with the new government in partnership and friendship, and necessarily with insistence, to ensure the application of sovereignty over Judea and Samaria in the near future.”Coalition deal keeps Amir Ohana’s state attorney in place.

[email protected] https://www.jpost.com/arab-israeli-...y-as-july-1-under-netanyahu-gantz-deal-625304

Ohioan

What is the everlasting covenant, this very well could be coming into play in July,

Isaiah
Chapter 24

1 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.

2 And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.

3 The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word.

4 The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.

5 The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.

6 Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

7 The new wine mourneth, the vine languisheth, all the merryhearted do sigh.

Well then, how about this article on the peace plan to be revealed after the Israeli elections to make sense between both Isaiah and Chronicles and bring these two up to what could happen in the very near future,

This could very well set up the conditions for the Everlasting Covenant to be broken.

https://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Peace-plan-now-584145

And to meet both sides’ needs, it must encompass the following elements: 1) a viable and democratic Palestinian state living peacefully side by side with Israel, based on the 1967 borders with equitable territorial swaps; 2) security cooperation between Israel and a demilitarized Palestine with mutual guarantees; 3) compensation and practical rehabilitation arrangements for Palestinian refugees including termination of the refugee status; 4) Jerusalem serving as Israel’s capital and the Arab neighborhoods in East Jerusalem as Palestine’s, with a special regime over the Old City; 5) free access to and worship in the holy places; and 6) finality of mutual claims.

“Any other alternative other than the two-state solution… would either violate or infringe on the chances for self-determination of the Palestinians in the future, or not allow for Israel to secure for generations its Jewish-democratic character,” Sher says.
How does Sher define self-determination for the Palestinians?

“The Palestinians would live in a distinct political entity that is the national state of the Palestinian people in more or less 22% of British Mandatory Palestine, with a boundary between their state and the State of Israel, the national homeland of the Jewish people,” he says. “It will be a demilitarized Palestinian state with certain limitations regarding a myriad of areas, but this will be an expression of self-determination for them in a state of their own.”

Fatah and Hamas will have to reconcile to make it possible, they say.

“The Palestinian state needs to be one state, with one government, one security force and one law and that requires reconciliation,” says Sher.

Report Edit

Ohioan

So what is the Everlasting covenant?

These are the verses from below that are relevant,

15 Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations;

16 Even of the covenant which he made with Abraham, and of his oath unto Isaac;

17 And hath confirmed the same to Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant,

18 Saying, Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance;

From what I am understanding from my brother this is the one covenant that can be broken by Israel by the giving up land for peace.

As soon as the covenant goes into effect the results can be gleaned from the readings of 1st Chronicles 16

30 Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved.

31 Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice: and let men say among the nations, The LORD reigneth.

32 Let the sea roar, and the fulness thereof: let the fields rejoice, and all that is therein.

33 Then shall the trees of the wood sing out at the presence of the LORD, because he cometh to judge the earth.

I wanted to preface this reading of Chronicles by saying that is it not interesting in your reading of this chapter that reference is made to Asaph who eventually wrote Psalm 83

1 Chronicles
Chapter 16

1 So they brought the ark of God, and set it in the midst of the tent that David had pitched for it: and they offered burnt sacrifices and peace offerings before God.

2 And when David had made an end of offering the burnt offerings and the peace offerings, he blessed the people in the name of the LORD.

3 And he dealt to every one of Israel, both man and woman, to every one a loaf of bread, and a good piece of flesh, and a flagon of wine.

4 And he appointed certain of the Levites to minister before the ark of the LORD, and to record, and to thank and praise the LORD God of Israel:

5 Asaph the chief, and next to him Zechariah, Jeiel, and Shemiramoth, and Jehiel, and Mattithiah, and Eliab, and Benaiah, and Obededom: and Jeiel with psalteries and with harps; but Asaph made a sound with cymbals;

6 Benaiah also and Jahaziel the priests with trumpets continually before the ark of the covenant of God.

7 Then on that day David delivered first this psalm to thank the LORD into the hand of Asaph and his brethren.

8 Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.

9 Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous works.

10 Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.

11 Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually.

12 Remember his marvellous works that he hath done, his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth;

13 O ye seed of Israel his servant, ye children of Jacob, his chosen ones.

14 He is the LORD our God; his judgments are in all the earth.

15 Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations;

16 Even of the covenant which he made with Abraham, and of his oath unto Isaac;

17 And hath confirmed the same to Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant,

18 Saying, Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance;

19 When ye were but few, even a few, and strangers in it.

20 And when they went from nation to nation, and from one kingdom to another people;

21 He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings for their sakes,

22 Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.

23 Sing unto the LORD, all the earth; shew forth from day to day his salvation.

24 Declare his glory among the heathen; his marvellous works among all nations.

25 For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised: he also is to be feared above all gods.

26 For all the gods of the people are idols: but the LORD made the heavens.

27 Glory and honour are in his presence; strength and gladness are in his place.

28 Give unto the LORD, ye kindreds of the people, give unto the LORD glory and strength.

29 Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.

30 Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved.

31 Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice: and let men say among the nations, The LORD reigneth.

32 Let the sea roar, and the fulness thereof: let the fields rejoice, and all that is therein.

33 Then shall the trees of the wood sing out at the presence of the LORD, because he cometh to judge the earth.

34 O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.

35 And say ye, Save us, O God of our salvation, and gather us together, and deliver us from the heathen, that we may give thanks to thy holy name, and glory in thy praise.

36 Blessed be the LORD God of Israel for ever and ever. And all the people said, Amen, and praised the LORD.

37 So he left there before the ark of the covenant of the LORD Asaph and his brethren, to minister before the ark continually, as every day's work required:

38 And Obededom with their brethren, threescore and eight; Obededom also the son of Jeduthun and Hosah to be porters:

39 And Zadok the priest, and his brethren the priests, before the tabernacle of the LORD in the high place that was at Gibeon,

40 To offer burnt offerings unto the LORD upon the altar of the burnt offering continually morning and evening, and to do according to all that is written in the law of the LORD, which he commanded Israel;

41 And with them Heman and Jeduthun, and the rest that were chosen, who were expressed by name, to give thanks to the LORD, because his mercy endureth for ever;

42 And with them Heman and Jeduthun with trumpets and cymbals for those that should make a sound, and with musical instruments of God. And the sons of Jeduthun were porters.

43 And all the people departed every man to his house: and David returned to bless his house.

Last edited:

Ohioan

I wanted to emphasize this point that I saw,

Finally, for the record I want to make it clear that it is highly unlikely we will see the fulfillment of the deal prophesied in Daniel 9:27 while the Church is still on earth. The antichrist (more properly "man of lawlessness") confirms the deal himself, but he is not revealed until after the restrainer (the Holy Spirit-indwelt Church) is removed from the earth (2 Thess. 2:7–8).

I placed emphasis on "confirms" because that is actually a very poor translation of the original text. The Hebrew word is actually "strengthened" and likely indicates that there is an existing agreement of some sort that the antichrist strengthens or enforces for a period of seven years. It could very well be that the deal the Trump Administration is set to unveil is the covenant that the antichrist will later strengthen after he is revealed.

I would like to add that I am just passing this on from my brother who presented this at a Bible study.
Also interesting point is that this peace deal is being presented within the 70th year of Israel becoming a nation.

Report Edit

railfan727

So how does the coronavirus affect the timing of all this? By July, we could see governments collapsing all over the world as their revenue bases dry up and populations demand handouts to make up for lost jobs. Mass famine as supply chains collapse. Wars. Possibly the installation of some initial form of world government to fill the power vacuums.

SafReb

First, I post this not to be an agitator. Instead, being a truth seeker, I wish to get some actual clarification of the text regarding Psalm 83. So many books, speculation, what if scenarios make their rounds, as well as films. No where do I see the Lord God stating He will do thus and such as many purport as if this prayer is yet a future prophetic fulfillment. Please try to follow my reasoning here as we re-read this Psalm in its entirety once again:

Psalm 83

1 O God, do not keep silence;
do not hold your peace or be still, O God!
2 For behold, your enemies make an uproar;
those who hate you have raised their heads.
3 They lay crafty plans against your people;
they consult together against your treasured ones.
4 They say, "Come, let us wipe them out as a nation;
let the name of Israel be remembered no more!"
5 For they conspire with one accord;
against you they make a covenant—
6 the tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites,
Moab and the Hagrites,
7 Gebal and Ammon and Amalek,
Philistia with the inhabitants of Tyre;
8 Asshur also has joined them;
they are the strong arm of the children of Lot.Selah
9 Do to them as you did to Midian,
as to Sisera and Jabin at the river Kishon,
10 who were destroyed at En-dor,
who became dung for the ground.
11 Make their nobles like Oreb and Zeeb,
all their princes like Zebah and Zalmunna,
12 who said, "Let us take possession for ourselves
of the pastures of God."
13 O my God, make them like whirling dust,
like chaff before the wind.
14 As fire consumes the forest,
as the flame sets the mountains ablaze,
15 so may you pursue them with your tempest
and terrify them with your hurricane!
16 Fill their faces with shame,
that they may seek your name, O Lord.
17 Let them be put to shame and dismayed forever;
let them perish in disgrace,
18 that they may know that you alone,
whose name is the Lord,
are the Most High over all the earth.

The prayer is asking the Lord to step in, to fill their faces with shame, that they would know the Lord and make them like whirling dust. No where does this state that the Lord say's, "I will do this, thus say's the Lord".

Now granted, as a result of God demonstrating His power, especially in the Ezekiel 38 war, these peoples will know that He is Lord. But realistically, this prayer makes it evident that it is the spirit of those neighboring peoples who continually wish to drive Israel into the sea....has been since Israel became a nation in 1948. This spirit continued throughout Israel's existence and the plot of those neighboring peoples was always to "wipe them out as a nation".

A brief reading of each of those wars from 1948 to Yom Kippur to the 6th day war to Lebanon to Gaza...all are applicable in this prayer. This Psalm is also applicable to this very day and will be literally through the Ezekiel Gog-Magog war. Somehow, this particular prayer became an "event" yet future. I fail to see it. The prayer is calling out to God to show Himself that those with that spirit (the spirit that desires the name of Israel is no more) would be put to shame.

I do see how there are those that consider this Psalm as directly tied to yet a future event but in no way is it a prophetic "item" to yet take place...it has been going on since the rebirth of Israel as a nation and continues to this day.

God has certainly showed himself in those previous wars with Israel being outmanned, out gunned, without much hope of success. The initial conflict in 1948 was nothing but miraculous as was the 6 day war or Yom Kippur. The fact that Israel regained the Golan Heights is yet again God showing his protection over HIS land.

Thanks.
Just an observation. When we look at the prophecies dealing with specific events relating to wars/restoration concerning Israel, the prophets usually say "in the latter days", or "the day of the Lord", or "in that day" or something of a similar phrase. For me, I read it as a prayer summarising the hatred targeted against Israel, past and future. I think the key here is a prophetic overview of the hatred. I know it goes against the popular narrative.