Prophecy

Milly_Light

I believe God is always speaking to us. Sometimes He speaks to us through dreams, visions, the scriptures, a still small voice and sometimes through other prophets.

Please share your experiences of how God speaks to you.

Are there prophets in this forum and do you share prophecies concerning one another in this forum?

greg64

In Old Testament times, God used prophets, as the barrier between Himself and people was fully intact (by man's doing). In the Church age, I'm skeptical on the subject because we have the Holy Spirit and direct access to God, which is night and day better than any prophet ever was.

Now do such things happen? I'm convinced they do, but not always from God (although sometimes they are). Scripture and the indwelling Spirit are our two major reference points in these cases. And at no time will something from God contradict scripture.

InsuranceGuy

I don't think I've ever had a prophecy given to me. I've had dreams, but tend to believe those are just my subconscious mind working while I'm asleep.

Oh - Wait... I had a crazy dream recently. This one is good, and sort of related to the forum. There was this cat. It was a big gray cat. The cat was a model (it was a dream, leave me alone) for Walmart. It modeled cat stuff, like scratching posts. Anyway, the cat was super famous. For whatever reason, the cat hated God. In my dream, it would always have on clothes saying something negative about God. In one instance, the cat was climbing a really tall scratching post or ladder. When it looked up into the camera, it stuck up its paw and flipped off the viewers. It's tiny middle claw grew longer than the rest, so it was definitely flipping us (me?) off. I told my wife about this dream when I woke up. We're going to chalk it up to some medication I've had to take, but it really was a dream of mine.

I don't own a cat. I know nothing about cats. I have nothing against cats. Now I have to wonder if the AC is secretly a cat.

Milly_Light

In the current NAR climate (new apostolic reformation, you'll find lots on that in the "apostacy in the church" section), personally just tend to read and meditate on the word...

Thanks for mentioning that section. I'll read it too.

In Old Testament times, God used prophets, as the barrier between Himself and people was fully intact (by man's doing). In the Church age, I'm skeptical on the subject because we have the Holy Spirit and direct access to God, which is night and day better than any prophet ever was.

Now do such things happen? I'm convinced they do, but not always from God (although sometimes they are). Scripture and the indwelling Spirit are our two major reference points in these cases. And at no time will something from God contradict scripture.

You are right to mention that scriptures and the Holy Spirit are our major reference points. The veil was torn and now we have access to the Holy of Holies.

I don't think I've ever had a prophecy given to me. I've had dreams, but tend to believe those are just my subconscious mind working while I'm asleep.

Oh - Wait... I had a crazy dream recently. This one is good, and sort of related to the forum. There was this cat. It was a big gray cat. The cat was a model (it was a dream, leave me alone) for Walmart. It modeled cat stuff, like scratching posts. Anyway, the cat was super famous. For whatever reason, the cat hated God. In my dream, it would always have on clothes saying something negative about God. In one instance, the cat was climbing a really tall scratching post or ladder. When it looked up into the camera, it stuck up its paw and flipped off the viewers. It's tiny middle claw grew longer than the rest, so it was definitely flipping us (me?) off. I told my wife about this dream when I woke up. We're going to chalk it up to some medication I've had to take, but it really was a dream of mine.

I don't own a cat. I know nothing about cats. I have nothing against cats. Now I have to wonder if the AC is secretly a cat.

I don't think the AC is secretly a cat. We really need dream interpretors.

Accepted

Lol!! Was the cat’s name Kitty Kat-ashian? Oh wait... I just noticed you said she always had clothes on. Scratch that.

crossnote

fully dependent upon His grace
Whatever I have had, I test it all against Scripture.
Those claiming to be Prophets and Apostles are simply liars for mainly 1 1/2 reasons...

The first is their so called "revelations' can never ever equate with Scripture. (Show me just one).
And the 1/2 is that they probably aren"t Jewish as God's words (oracles of God) came to the Jews...

Romans 3:1-2 KJVS
[1] What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? [2] Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

God may give you some personal visitations, but you had better check them out with His written Word...

Isaiah 8:20 KJVS
[20] To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

2 Corinthians 11:12-15 KJVS
[12] But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we. [13] For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. [14] And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. [15] Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Mikedexion

Yeah I had a dream where God had to correct me. First time I ever known what it felt to be listening to God via the holy spirit speaking to me. Its like he speaks directly to my subconscious soul, and it was an entire conversation. I honestly fooled myself into thinking I figured out the day of his return.

So before that day came, God came to me in a dream and asked me: When is the rapture going to happen?
I felt completely dumbfounded and didn't want to sound stupid to God so I replied with the scripture: Lord, no one knows the day or the hour?
He then said: That is correct, because it could be any day.

Milly_Light

Yeah I had a dream where God had to correct me. First time I ever known what it felt to be listening to God via the holy spirit speaking to me. Its like he speaks directly to my subconscious soul, and it was an entire conversation. I honestly fooled myself into thinking I figured out the day of his return.

So before that day came, God came to me in a dream and asked me: When is the rapture going to happen?
I felt completely dumbfounded and didn't want to sound stupid to God so I replied with the scripture: Lord, no one knows the day or the hour?
He then said: That is correct, because it could be any day.

Do you still have conversations with God or it was your first and last time to hear Him clearly in a dream? Just asking.