Problems Voting For Kevin McCarthy SOTH!

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
So McCarthy's first big show and waste of time is to rescind that part of the spending bill that has become law that funds 87K new IRS agents. All it is is for show. The House can't do anything about that without the support of the demonrat led Senate and the President. So it is safe to do things like this to pull the wool over American's eyes... making it look like the House is fighting for the American people when it is not.

Since the republican majority is slim, it won't be hard for a few republicans to vote for demonrat led bills. I predict we'll see a lot of really bad bills pass the House by a margin of one vote. Since Approx 90% of the republican house are not working for the people, they can take turns voting for those bills so none of them look too bad.

Last edited:

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Let money laundering continue in Ukraine, McCarthy got it. That being said, I feel sorry for the Ukrainian people and.the Russian people.because I don't think any of them want a war, its the Powers-that-Be making these decisions and dragging everyone else along.
Alot of strings be pulled and yanked.
There are alot more Globalist than I think people realize, not implying anyone in particular.
Like an infestation all over the world coming together under one accord.
As far as Ukraine , there is more than one war going on.
They have another from within .
The Globalist are becoming more and more brazen and competitive .

Kerbluey

Well, I’m disappointed, but this is all part of God’s plan. The Dems will never release the reigns of power no matter what it takes. I know he's not a dem, but he’s a RINO so he may as well be one. Ninety-nine percent of them (both sides) are sold out, compromised, or true believers in the globalist agenda. We’ve been burnt toast for a long time, we’re just now starting to smell the smoke.

Andy C

The next 2 years will be challenging for the GOP. Past history has shown that even when they had a much bigger majority, it was almost impossible for them to all agree on any bills. Now, with a weakend Speaker, and only a 4 seat majority, I will be pleasantly shocked if they pass anything. However, with the dems controlling the Senate, and the Presidency, at most the GOP will only be a speed bump for Biden. I really want to be wrong………

Placing hope in politicians is like telling the blackjack dealer to “hit you” when you are showing 18. Sure, by sheer luck you might draw a 3 or less, but the odds are heavily stacked for you to lose. We all are losing…for now…

I really hope this is the year of the sound of Him calling us Home, otherwise this year will definitely be a challenging time, even without the crazziness of DC.

Jan51

Here is the gist of what I have been reading:

Trump had the holdouts force McCarthy to give us every demand--no more playing by the old rules. He can't make one bad move without being voted on to vacate. A RINO deep-stater turned into a puppet. Now we can get a balanced budget, budget cuts, conservative control of Rules committee, investigating FBI and J6 committee, term limit vote, single subject bills, Texas border plan, 72 hours to read a bill, and ending emergency funding and all Covid mandates and funding.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!

Trump had the holdouts force McCarthy to give us every demand--no more playing by the old rules. He can't make one bad move without being voted on to vacate. A RINO deep-stater turned into a puppet. Now we can get a balanced budget, budget cuts, conservative control of Rules committee, investigating FBI and J6 committee, term limit vote, single subject bills, Texas border plan, 72 hours to read a bill, and ending emergency funding and all Covid mandates and funding.
:praying we get better :thumbup:thumbup results with a new SOTH.

Kenny

Wow where are you reading that, if I may ask?

Jan51

Wow where are you reading that, if I may ask?
Various alt media, on Telegram and Truth Social. I like to also read the comments under articles, many knowledgeable people weigh in. My favorite is Brian Cates but can't remember if I read this on his page, or in comments under his articles, or somewhere else, but I have seen it a number of places.

Kenny

Various alt media, on Telegram and Truth Social. I like to also read the comments under articles, many knowledgeable people weigh in. My favorite is Brian Cates but can't remember if I read this on his page, or in comments under his articles, or somewhere else, but I have seen it a number of places.

Ok thanks, we shall see if this congress can get any of those things done.:)

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Just remember that we pay their salaries and this is how they act. If they worked for me I would fire them all!

They do :tapping

I double-dog-dare you to FedEx pink slips out tonight :lol

@Jaybird - Did you send out pink slips to our 432 employees/servants? :lol :stirpot

Or are you giving them another chance since they finally did actually elect a SOTH?

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
This was an interesting article:

https://washingtonstand.com/comment...-victory-everyones-a-winner--except-the-left-

A lot will be said and written about the last 100 hours in Washington — a historic four days that not only gave Americans a new Speaker of the House, but more importantly, a fresh start. Nothing about the process to transfer power to former Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) has been easy, but at the end of the day, nothing worth pursuing ever is. When the smoke clears and Republicans get to work, one thing will be obvious — the pain of this past week was trivial compared to what was gained: a chance to move forward, united.

There are some who will say McCarthy was weakened by the fight. I disagree. When everyone counted him out, he emerged from this humbling process as the House Freedom Caucus and the entire Republican Party did: strong. After more than a decade in leadership, the Californian proved that he’s capable of listening, capable of compromising, and, above all, capable of the change Americans demand.

For once, all of the dysfunction that festered behind closed doors has been exposed, and Republicans openly and painstakingly worked through it. If that was uncomfortable, it’s because Congress has forgotten how to govern. People on both sides spent the week mistaking debate for chaos, when actually, the House was finally doing its job. Unfortunately, it’s been so long since Congress had an honest conversation that no one recognized the healthy process for what it was.

That’s understandable. As former Representative Jodi Hice and I talked about on “Washington Watch,” most of his colleagues have never seen Congress “operate the way it was intended to operate.” “People need to be aware,” he said, “it’s been over six years since members of Congress have been allowed to offer an amendment to the bill on the floor of the House of Representatives. And many who are serving in Congress right now have never known any other system than that which currently exists, where deals are made in backrooms and then bills just dropped on the floor, and you’re expected to vote on it right away.”

Thanks to this group of courageous conservatives, many members are going to experience for the first time how the legislative process is supposed to work. That will not only be impactful to them, but it should have an enormous impact across our entire country.

So, if there is a loser in this weeklong drama, it’s the Left. Democrats have managed to avoid these difficult conversations for years, knowing that if they were forced to debate their agenda on the merits, they’d lose. But by avoiding scrutiny and transparency, they’ve created a dangerous environment where conflict, argument, and consensus-building isn’t natural — it’s alarming. Until that changes, conservatives realized, it will continue to have devastating consequences on a divided nation whose only hope is dialogue.

The reality is, the transference of power, like every issue confronting Congress, was never meant to be predetermined by a powerful few. It was meant to be — as all governing was meant to be — a dynamic process where everyone has a voice. And yet Americans have grown so accustomed to things being forced upon us that when we actually see the process functioning as it should, we panic.

The House Freedom Caucus recognized the system is broken and seized this opportunity to liberate the conservatives who’ve been suppressed in Congress for years. To most of them, this wasn’t about people or personalities — it was about the process. They understand that hearing both sides of any argument is what a robust republic allows, and they leveraged this moment to change the rules in a significant way — decentralizing the speaker’s power, opening up debate, and once again making this the people’s house.

Was it a gamble? Absolutely. In this post-COVID era, we’ve been trained to run from everything. We live in an age of safetyism, where we don’t take risks or face fears. We’ve lost the art of healthy confrontation because everything is about self-protection. But after three years, the masks are gone, the debate is back, and the conservative movement is in one of its best positions in a decade.....

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
When so many automatically voted for him I’ve absolutely no faith they’ll have the backbone to vote him out when….not if….he backs out of his lies….I mean promises.
The people that voted present that really didn't vote for him would be the ones that might do something if he doesn't keep his promises. I know that Matt Gaetz and Lauren Boebert didn't want him in.

penbrat

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-impeachment-lauren-boebert-kevin-mccarthy-house-republicans/

Biden impeachment push divides House GOP, draws opposition from McCarthy​

Washington — A push by some House Republicans to impeach President Biden has become the latest headache for House Speaker Kevin McCarthy caused by conservative hardliners.

GOP Rep. Lauren Boebert of Colorado introduced articles of impeachment against Mr. Biden on Tuesday as a privileged resolution, fast-tracking its consideration under House rules by circumventing the normal committee process. The articles focus on the president's handling of the U.S.-Mexico border and immigration.

On Wednesday, McCarthy expressed frustration with Boebert, calling her effort to impeach Mr. Biden premature.

"She had never told members about it or never talked to me," McCarthy told reporters. "Before you put something forward, shouldn't you first talk to the conference about it? Because we're doing investigations. Why would you do this?"

jab777

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-impeachment-lauren-boebert-kevin-mccarthy-house-republicans/

Biden impeachment push divides House GOP, draws opposition from McCarthy​

Washington — A push by some House Republicans to impeach President Biden has become the latest headache for House Speaker Kevin McCarthy caused by conservative hardliners.

GOP Rep. Lauren Boebert of Colorado introduced articles of impeachment against Mr. Biden on Tuesday as a privileged resolution, fast-tracking its consideration under House rules by circumventing the normal committee process. The articles focus on the president's handling of the U.S.-Mexico border and immigration.

On Wednesday, McCarthy expressed frustration with Boebert, calling her effort to impeach Mr. Biden premature.

"She had never told members about it or never talked to me," McCarthy told reporters. "Before you put something forward, shouldn't you first talk to the conference about it? Because we're doing investigations. Why would you do this?"
Why you ask? Because the country is being destroyed by the old fool in the WH who is beholden to the communist fringe. Investigations shouldn’t be needed since everybody with eyes to see can see what’s going on. We don’t have the luxury of going through gobs of investigations. Talking to the conference is a time waster. There needs to be less profile and more courage by the House.

Back