Problems Voting For Kevin McCarthy SOTH!

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
McCarthy falls short in first speaker vote, 2nd round begins

WASHINGTON (AP) — Republican leader Kevin McCarthy was dealt a historic defeat in first-round voting Tuesday to become House speaker, sending the new Congress into opening-day tumult as conservative colleagues opposed his leadership.

Debate over a second round of voting was swiftly underway.

Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio, who got six votes on the first ballot, rose to agree that McCarthy should get the post. But Rep Matt Gaetz of Florida followed with a vigorous re-endorsement of Joran. underscoring the jumble within the party.

McCarthy had pledged a “battle on the floor” for as long as it takes to overcome right-flank fellow Republicans who were refusing to give him their votes. But it was not at all clear how the embattled GOP leader could rebound after becoming the first House speaker nominee in 100 years to fail to win the gavel from his fellow party members on the initial vote.

McCarthy strode into the chamber, posed for photos, and received a standing ovation from many on his side of the aisle after being nominated by the third-ranking Republican, Rep. Elise Stefanik, who said the Californian from gritty Bakersfield “has what it takes” to lead House Republicans.

https://news.yahoo.com/congress-convene-mccarthy-house-speaker-050733219.html

It's basically a battle between the few patriots that are in the House against everyone else...

lightofmylife

I hope he doesn't get the position. If a RINO like him gets it we're just gonna see more of the same.
I wonder who will get the position? I had heard that maybe they would try to get Steve Scalise. Now I have heard he may be Majority Leader. I heard Newt Gingrich act like he was for Kevin McCarthy. I am surprised Jim Jordan would be for him if he is a RINO!

Last edited:

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I wonder who will get the position? I had heard that maybe they would try to get Steve Scalise. Now I have heard he may be Majority Leader. I heard Newt Gingrich act like he was for Kevin McCarthy.

Newt is probably afraid that if McCarthy doesn't get it from Republicans voting, then the RINOs will turn on the few patriots and we'll end up with either a demonrat leader or Demonrats could add their votes to the RINOs to get McCarthy in anyway, but then McCarthy would be beholden to the demonrats... which really doesn't matter since he and they essentially serve the same master.

Andy C

Today, proves the GOP in the House are stupid. If they don't want McCarthy, fine, have someone prepared ahead of the voting who can get the votes. This shows everyone they will not be able to govern because as in the past, the GOP house seldom votes together. With a weak majority, does anyone feel positive they will ever get anything done?

I would not be shocked if this keeps going on, some GOP members leave the chamber and miss their vote, and Pelosi’s replacement, Hakeem Jeffries gets the majority of the votes and becomes speaker. The House GOP is THAT stupid.

Andy C

lightofmylife

Today, proves the GOP in the House are stupid. If they don't want McCarthy, fine, have someone prepared ahead of the voting who can get the votes. This shows everyone they will not be able to govern because as in the past, the GOP house seldom votes together. With a weak majority, does anyone feel positive they will ever get anything done?

I would not be shocked if this keeps going on, some GOP members leave the chamber and miss their vote, and Pelosi’s replacement, Hakeem Jeffries gets the majority of the votes and becomes speaker. The House GOP is THAT stupid.
Can Hakeem Jeffries become speaker? He is a Democrat, and the Republicans won the House. I thought only the party that won can be SOTH,

Andy C

I believe McCarthy has failed round 2 as well. Hopefully he'll admit defeat and pull his name from consideration. And, hoping the small number of patriots don't cave, no matter what.
Does it really make one a patriot because they dont support McCarthy? Is that really how low the bar has been set? Trump 100 percent supports McCarthy…..

Back