Problem with emoji's

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
If you are using a phone or something to post other than a computer, I just can't and don't have the time to spend trying to trouble shoot your specific device. I also don't have access to all the different phones on the market to try to troubleshoot even if I could.

I also do not have any control over the software and how it displays. That is over my expertise. :sad

However, I rarely use the smiley drop down box to choose smileys. So, what do I do? I type out the "text code" that is needed to make the smiley. You can see all the smileys on the forums at the link below. To the right of the smiley is a column that says "text code" which means if you type that specific sequence of text characters it will display the smiley just as if you had used the drop down box. It will also format it since it is text code to display just as you placed it in a post.

https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/help/smilies/

:lol == : lol (without the space between the : and lol - to see this put your mouse on the laughing face to see the text code to make that smiley)

To get over this problem you are going to probably have to learn what the "text codes" are for the smiley you use. To find the "text codes" without having to go to the above link, simply put your mouse cursor on a smiley you like and wait a few seconds. You should see a popup right by the smiley that shows you what the smiley title is followed by the "text code" needed to create that smiley.

Let us know if you have any other questions. I will post this in your other thread as well.

I hope this helps.

Musician 4 Jesus

Psalms 150 : 1-6 KJV
If you are using a phone or something to post other than a computer, I just can't and don't have the time to spend trying to trouble shoot your specific device. I also don't have access to all the different phones on the market to try to troubleshoot even if I could.

I also do not have any control over the software and how it displays. That is over my expertise. :sad

However, I rarely use the smiley drop down box to choose smileys. So, what do I do? I type out the "text code" that is needed to make the smiley. You can see all the smileys on the forums at the link below. To the right of the smiley is a column that says "text code" which means if you type that specific sequence of text characters it will display the smiley just as if you had used the drop down box. It will also format it since it is text code to display just as you placed it in a post.

https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/help/smilies/

:lol == : lol (without the space between the : and lol - to see this put your mouse on the laughing face to see the text code to make that smiley)

To get over this problem you are going to probably have to learn what the "text codes" are for the smiley you use. To find the "text codes" without having to go to the above link, simply put your mouse cursor on a smiley you like and wait a few seconds. You should see a popup right by the smiley that shows you what the smiley title is followed by the "text code" needed to create that smiley.

Let us know if you have any other questions. I will post this in your other thread as well.

I hope this helps.
Soooo do y'all make the emojis here or are they just defaults for forums? This is the only forum I've ever been on so I wouldn't know lol