It works great. I can also strongly suggest these plugins/extensions;
- uBlock Origins
- HTTPS Anywhere
- AdBlock or AblockPlus or AdBlock Latitude
Most of them are available for most common browsers. They get along well together, and each one has a unique filtering/security/privacy application, though there is some overlap. They all have downsides but the up sides are far weightier. A couple of them require some action on your part depending on what page you visit.
Also try these applications that are not browser related;
- Spybot <---- Keeps an eye on the garbage that sites, spammers and crooks load or try to load in the background.
- Spybot Anti-Beacon <---- This is a great telemetry blocker. It stops a lot of the reporting our PCs do to the "mother ship/s".
And then some great anti virus program options. All of the have a free and paid options;
- Avast Free <---- Runs in the background, but does have the occasional pester-pop-up urging user to upgrade.
- Adaware <---- Have not tried this one personally but word on it is decent.
- Bit Defender <---- Some PCs have minor issues but it is very lightweight and effective.