Prince Phillip's Funeral

Andy C

I wonder how things will change once Queen Elizabeth II dies. She seems to be the one holding the traditions together.
Good point. The protocol that has to be followed in her presence would drive me crazy. Think how much easier it was in His time, to relax and talk with Jesus, then it would be with her? But, its not my country, and the people over there seem to like the traditions, so its not an issue I focus on.

Its hard to imagine how difficult it must be to say goodbye to someone you have been married to for 72 years. Their marriage was just 9 years short of the average British life expectancy, a lifetime together. However, if they both are saved, it will continue on but in a different manner for eternity.

cheeky200386

Good point. The protocol that has to be followed in her presence would drive me crazy. Think how much easier it was in His time, to relax and talk with Jesus, then it would be with her? But, its not my country, and the people over there seem to like the traditions, so its not an issue I focus on.

Its hard to imagine how difficult it must be to say goodbye to someone you have been married to for 72 years. Their marriage was just 9 years short of the average British life expectancy, a lifetime together. However, if they both are saved, it will continue on but in a different manner for eternity.
I can't imagine losing my husband now and we've only been together for 14 years. 72 years is amazing! I do hope he was saved and that she is. As you said, then they'll see each other again!

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
How sad that her family couldn’t sit anywhere near her. And I see NO reason for it, either.

Wuhan virus social distancing between households.

Also setting the example for others. Royal families are extremely cognizant of living in a fishbowl and how their actions can be perceived by/impact a lot of people.

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
Wuhan virus social distancing between households.

Also setting the example for others. Royal families are extremely cognizant of living in a fishbowl and how their actions can be perceived by/impact a lot of people.
But couldn’t they maintain some distance while sitting in the same general vicinity as her? She looks completely alone... :frown

jab777

Watching the funeral. Beautiful service and chapel. Nice to see/hear old Christian tradition.
Poor Queen Elizabeth. Sitting by herself cuz social distancing.
William and Harry talking together after.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/prince-philip-funeral/

:pray :pray :amen :amen
It was an elegant yet simple service. I thought it was much better than it would have been if they’d had been able to have more guests and huge crowds outside. Was glad to see Harry and William talking after the funeral on their walk back to the castle. I hope they mend fences.