Prices Already Rising

TrustinHim

Meanwhile in Nebraska they are culling entire flocks of chickens based on allegedly finding bird flu. This is going on across the country, I have some serious questions about the validity of the findings and why the culled chickens weren't processed by canning where the "virus " would be eliminated, food scarcity is not going to be easy especially for the lower income folks.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Destroying flocks of any birds with bird flu has been standard agricultural practice for a very long time.

I don't know why they don't can it, but I suspect it has to with the time and cost of sanitizing everything, from the farm, to the trucks, to the factory. And maybe? concerns over workers contracting the disease from the birds and/or carcasses and spreading it via friends and family?

I can personally say that bird flu was no joke, but I think swine flu was a little worse.

Last edited:

Kenny64

PRICES of everything has continued to rise. As wife are retired means to me working part time to cover the inflation or help.
I will be bagging groceries for tips today and tomorrow. Yea, Bills including mortgage, food etc are all paid electronically. Doesn't
leave much for fun money or gifts. Yes, I continue to TITHE the chuch as much as possible. We are left with 50% attendance since covid.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/11/17/digital-currency-is-already-here-you-were-warned-1310292/

This is will happen in United States SOON. Come Lord Jesus come.

Pretend that all your “money” is being stored as a digital currency. Now imagine that the government institutes a vaccine mandate but you refuse to abide by it. In a CBDC-centered society, the government could simply disable your digital “money” until you comply. Something similar happened in Canada last year, albeit with just regular bank accounts for the time being.

“In an attempt to squash the voices of those who disagree with his preferred policies, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau froze the bank accounts of protesters. The widespread use of a CBDC would increase the ability of petty tyrants to control the finances of their citizens and silence voices of dissent,” The Hill notes.

And so, just to be clear, the government can already silence dissidents by disabling bank accounts. A CBDC would only further simplify the process.

ChildofLight

Have you ever estimated the cost of each of your eggs based on the cost of feed and how long a bag of feed lasts? I know hens can find their own food too, but most folks feed them...

Once when I was in the country a good ways from the village of Florian, Colombia, staying with a family while I built a house for them. I asked how much corn they tossed out to their chickens each day and did the math and suggested that it cost them more to keep a chicken than it would to purchase one at market if they ever wanted to eat chicken. Following the blank stare the lady asked me "what would like be like without chickens underfoot?
No I haven’t figured the cost. It would have to be considering free range eggs. I presume it would have to be figured for a year in feed and the amount of eggs in a year. Chickens have high weeks/months for laying and God has given them a resting period also. The resting period is usually during my high baking season. This time of year. I would also have to consider how much I would have to pay my hens for pest control of tomato hornworms, cut worms, scorpions, crickets, grasshoppers, tiny snakes, mice and no telling what else. They also work my compost bin and provide fertilizer. Therefore too much effort for me to calculate.

ChildofLight

I bought onion sets to plant. Use to get a good size bundle for a decent price. Now the bundle is half the size for about the same price.
The price of chicks have gone up as well. Nearly $5 per chick. Maybe the breed is a price difference not sure. Ordered Barnevelders since they are to lay through the winter though takes about 10 months before they start laying.

Last edited:

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
Price of eggs yesterday was $2.19 for large before that it was $2.29.
Most items seem to rise almost weekly.
Generic Splenda was always $3.99.
Now it is $5.19.
I bought new cosmetics from Wal Greens recently. Even with Buy one, get one 50% off AND a $7 coupon, it tore a $100 dollar bill up.
Soap and shampoo have gone up too.
Still thanking the Lord that products are available and I can buy some.

Ghoti Ichthus

Most items seem to rise almost weekly.
Generic Splenda was always $3.99.
Now it is $5.19.
I bought new cosmetics from Wal Greens recently. Even with Buy one, get one 50% off AND a $7 coupon, it tore a $100 dollar bill up.
Soap and shampoo have gone up too.
Still thanking the Lord that products are available and I can buy some.
It's hard to put the :mad "like" on a post that ends the way you did with a :thankyou to God for availability and ability to buy :smile

But I'm still :mad at the ridiculous prices.

Ghoti Ichthus

OJ came down in price a little.

Probably usual seasonal fluctuation (it always goes down a little at this time of year), but I'm thankful for it, just the same :smile

:thankyou JESUS!!! :thankyou

Erin

I bought onion sets to plant. Use to get a good size bundle for a decent price. Now the bundle is half the size for about the same price.
The price of chicks have gone up as well. Nearly $5 per chick. Maybe the breed is a price difference not sure. Ordered Barnevelders since they are to lay through the winter though takes about 10 months before they start laying.
They are a more expensive breed. I've mostly stuck with red sex-link, Buffs, white production layers or Barred Rock.. Sapphire Gems are good too. That's in the south though, not much winter. Gems, Buffs and sex-links are better for colder weather...they don't let off in the winter.
At least that's what I've found...I've been raising and breeding for 10 years or so..

Ghoti Ichthus

A case of water was $8.49 this morning :apostasy :banning

Ridiculous, but Dad insists that he won't drink tap water, even if filtered at the house, because a friend convinced him it's was bad to drink any water other than bottled or out of the refrigerator dispenser.

Ummmm . . . even if there's an in-line filter for the water supply to the fridge, it's still (filtered) tap water.
We don't have fridge-dispensed water, and no filter that I know of for the water for the ice-maker, so he still "drinks" tap water.
I don't use bottled water (here) for cooking or washing the dishes.
And I think the microplastics and dubious water quality in the bottled water is a bigger hazard than filtered tap water (here, anyway) [sigh]

:doh

Ghoti Ichthus

The filtered water dispenser on our refrigerator is no longer working so I've recently started boiling our water to save the $$ from buying bottled water

Maybe you have a clogged filter or line. If so, not expensive to fix. If it's a worn out switch, might not be too expensive, either. Without seeing the refrigerator and how the water supply line and filter are put in, I can't tell you how easy or difficult it would be to DIY. On Dad's refrigerator, the water line is flexible and the filter slides onto the line and screws in and the water line comes off of either end of the filter, so pretty easy. Also a good time to clean under and behind the fridge since the fridge is already moved [sigh] Unless you have a fridge where the filter fits into a special place in the fridge, in which case it's probably intended to be DIY and the fridge may not need to be moved.

Back