Prices Already Rising

ChildofLight

It’s been a while, maybe a couple of weeks since I visited the meat department. o_O Lots of empty beef spots. The the the boneless roast was a tiny thing for $13.00. I was looking for soup meat. Found a small pack of crosscut rib that would do for $4.80. It was the last of it’s kind. A lady in front of me had gotten the last pack of looked like boneless rib. Saw some very small size for brisket for like $10.

heisable2

Add to the shortages and rising prices list: tomatoes, carrots, sugar beets, onions, apples, and even cotton. Sadly, as the article points out, most Americans are oblivious to what's coming. DH has a customer who works for the government, who is a conservative and Trump supporter, and he's been trying to tell his Demonrat-voting neighbors and co-workers to stock up on some extra food, but they just laugh it off. Sadly, a year from now I don't think they're going to be laughing with food prices predicted to possibly triple, in addition to shortages. https://www.prophecynewswatch.com/article.cfm?recent_news_id=5527 As a side note, my beloved Roy Rogers large roast beef sandwich is now $8 and change with tax ~ for one sandwich. :faint2 No more RR's roast beef for me.
Sadly, I get a lot of laughing in my direction when I suggest to my friends and family to stock up on food. People have been so used to having whatever they want at their fingertips that it's hard to believe that it's not going to be as available in the future. And that future is creeping up faster and faster.

So wraps your forum friends, now is the time to stock up on necessary food. Can any meat that's in your freezer in case you lose power. Vacuum seal dry food. Use mylar bags too.

heisable2

Add to the shortages and rising prices list: tomatoes, carrots, sugar beets, onions, apples, and even cotton. Sadly, as the article points out, most Americans are oblivious to what's coming. DH has a customer who works for the government, who is a conservative and Trump supporter, and he's been trying to tell his Demonrat-voting neighbors and co-workers to stock up on some extra food, but they just laugh it off. Sadly, a year from now I don't think they're going to be laughing with food prices predicted to possibly triple, in addition to shortages. https://www.prophecynewswatch.com/article.cfm?recent_news_id=5527 As a side note, my beloved Roy Rogers large roast beef sandwich is now $8 and change with tax ~ for one sandwich. :faint2 No more RR's roast beef for me.
Sadly, I get a lot of laughing in my direction when I suggest to my friends and family to stock up on food. People have been so used to having whatever they want at their fingertips that it's hard to believe that it's not going to be as available in the future. And that future is creeping up faster and faster.

So RF friends, now is the time to stock up on necessary food, non food, otc drugs, etc. Pressure can any meat that's in your freezer in case you lose power. Vacuum seal dry food. Use mylar bags too.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
The lamb chops were $5 a pound more at the coop than they would have been at WF :mad
Coop meat is usually a little more expensive, but not that much :frown

Fortunately only 2 of us.

Organic lemon juice is up another $0.40 a bottle :mad $9.69!!! :yikes :eek :eek: :apostasy :furious :rant :mad :wild :frust :cry

Fortunately, had a bottle purchased awhile back at a less exorbitant price . . .

:thankyou JESUS!!! :thankyou

:pray :pray :amen :amen

TimeWarpWife

For the last couple of weeks I've been trying to find ground allspice and cloves without any success. All of the local grocery stores are out of them. So, I then started looking for pumpkin pie spice and apple pie spice to be possible substitutions, but they're also out of these. I can find them online, but they're so outrageously priced that I can't afford them. I'm not sure if people are just stocking up for Thanksgiving or what, but I've never had a problem finding these spices in the stores before.

ChildofLight

For the last couple of weeks I've been trying to find ground allspice and cloves without any success. All of the local grocery stores are out of them. So, I then started looking for pumpkin pie spice and apple pie spice to be possible substitutions, but they're also out of these. I can find them online, but they're so outrageously priced that I can't afford them. I'm not sure if people are just stocking up for Thanksgiving or what, but I've never had a problem finding these spices in the stores before.
It’s the demand for all those pumpkin spice lattes. :tea
By chance did they have a rack on an end idle with the spices. I’m saying that because one Thanksgiving I was looking for sage and such. Couldn’t find any at all in the spice area. One week later I was walking along and just glanced at a rack set up at the end of the isle. There was all the dressing turkey seasonings. I looked in the spice section and nope none there. Whoever thought that was a good idea didn’t have a clue.

Ghoti Ichthus

Try Penzey's, WF, your local coop(s), Asian stores, health-food stores, herbalists, Winco, Gordon's (or other restaurant supply places), and any usually-outrageously-high-priced grocers in your area. IDK about you, but a jar of ground cloves lasts me multiple years. I still have about 2/3 or 3/4 of a jar I got 4 or 4 years ago :lol Glass jar and metal cap, so still fresh (enough) for what I use it for. I'm very careful to keep all spices and herbs away from any moisture, so no sprinkling over hot foods, etc.

Some years ago, cloves (whole or ground) were hard to find. It might have been the year after the giant tsunami in Asia.

Ghoti Ichthus

Clothes detergent has doubled in cost in less than a year, actually less than 6 months! :banning :apostasy :eek :eek: :furious :rant :mad :wild :frust :cry

The price is the same, but the jug is exactly half the size! :banning :apostasy :eek :eek: :furious :rant :mad :wild :frust :cry

When I can no longer afford to do laundry and my dirty clothes start to stink up RF, don't blame me, blame Woolite :tappingfoot

Last edited:

Ghoti Ichthus

Lots of apple juice and apple cider. But it gets bought out by people using paid shoppers before the stores open. Prices are absolutely OUTRAGEOUS! $16.99 for a gallon of generic organic apple juice or cider in a glass jug. $12.99 for half gallon of name-brand organic apple juice in a plastic bottle. $6.99 for a quart of a different name-brand organic in a glass bottle. Shelves bare of all of it except one of these items, and the spiced cider (only a few bottles of each left). No shelf tags at all for some apple juice/cider products that store normally carries. Just giant, empty shelf space.

BWV (before wuhan virus), conventional generic distilled white vinegar was $0.99 a gallon, $0.79 on sale at the expensive local chain, and $0.10 - $0.50 coupons were "everywhere." Now, that same gallon is $3.99 and haven't seen a coupon, not even a $0.10 one, in ages!

:apostasy :eek :eek: :furious :rant :wild :sob :frust :cry

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
The price of bleach exploded during the virus time and hasn't come back down. We continue to buy a lot of generic items and *on sale* or marked down food...same as always.

@Ghoti Ichthus I read that you could cut way down on the amount of detergent you use to wash clothes. I have cut mine by about half and my clothes come out clean. Don't know how this will work in the spring and summer when I work outside and get really dirty and stinky. ( and I don't like my washing machine much...I think it's energy efficient but my old machine was sooooo much better).

Ghoti Ichthus

The price of bleach exploded during the virus time and hasn't come back down. We continue to buy a lot of generic items and *on sale* or marked down food...same as always.

@Ghoti Ichthus I read that you could cut way down on the amount of detergent you use to wash clothes. I have cut mine by about half and my clothes come out clean. Don't know how this will work in the spring and summer when I work outside and get really dirty and stinky. ( and I don't like my washing machine much...I think it's energy efficient but my old machine was sooooo much better).

:thankyou

I'm stuck using Mom and Dad's washer because that's what's here. I've experimented and use as little as I can while still getting stuff clean, but have to be very careful because elderly people can get infections so easily. My front-loader's buried in storage with pretty much all the rest of my stuff, and it uses half the detergent, gets clothes cleaner, spins them drier, isn't nearly as hard on clothes (no agitator), and I don't hurt myself every time I remove the clean clothes to dry them.

I'm terrified that the washer or dryer will break and be unfixable because the StairLifter precludes removal of old and delivery/installation of new.

ChildofLight

Tuesday I went grocery shopping and walked by the low meat bin or whatever they use for the overly large size meat trays and such. I glanced over and did a double take. Was that what I thought I was seeing? I walked over and sure enough they had about half a dozen Butterball turkey breast roast. I grabbed 2 while they had them. They are hard to find near holidays. They were $13 a piece. Think they were 5 lbs. On way home the light went off of where I was going to put them as my freezers are totally full. Thankfully my cousin had freezer space. I’m celebrating the holidays this year with turkey dinners and will probably be by myself but may not have turkey next year. My dinners this year will be pared down anyway.

GotGrace

Tuesday I went grocery shopping and walked by the low meat bin or whatever they use for the overly large size meat trays and such. I glanced over and did a double take. Was that what I thought I was seeing? I walked over and sure enough they had about half a dozen Butterball turkey breast roast. I grabbed 2 while they had them. They are hard to find near holidays. They were $13 a piece. Think they were 5 lbs. On way home the light went off of where I was going to put them as my freezers are totally full. Thankfully my cousin had freezer space. I’m celebrating the holidays this year with turkey dinners and will probably be by myself but may not have turkey next year. My dinners this year will be pared down anyway.
This is crazy that anybody should have to pare down in this country. I’m so angry at what is being done to us I could chew up nails and spit them out.

Back