Prices Already Rising

Mama Bug

I believe it's time to change the name of "Hoover Stew" ~ named for President Herbert Hoover, the Biden of his day ~ to "Biden Stew."

Biden Stew:

1 lb. macaroni
1 lb. hot dogs, sliced
2 cans of stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 can of corn, undrained

Cook macaroni according to package instructions, drain, then add sliced hot dogs, stewed tomatoes, corn, and mix together.
I cook something similar to that but I use ground turkey instead of hot dogs. I need to tell my husband next time I cook it we’re having Biden Stew for dinner. And I use macaroni and cheese.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
:eek :mad Bottle of organic lemon juice went up $1.10 all at one time. Since the beginning of the year, it's gone up $3 a bottle overall :eek :furious :rant :mad :wild :frust :cry

Organic applesauce with CINNAMON is up another $0.20 a jar :mad
Since I've been paying attention, this has gone up a total of $1.50, for an increase of 83.8 percent :eek :furious :rant :mad :wild :frust :cry

:pray :pray :amen :amen

TimeWarpWife

I believe it's time to change the name of "Hoover Stew" ~ named for President Herbert Hoover, the Biden of his day ~ to "Biden Stew."

Biden Stew:

1 lb. macaroni
1 lb. hot dogs, sliced
2 cans of stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 can of corn, undrained

Cook macaroni according to package instructions, drain, then add sliced hot dogs, stewed tomatoes, corn, and mix together.
:oops I forgot to say that you need to cook the hot dogs prior to slicing them and putting them in the stew.

ChildofLight

At the grocery store I shop at I usually got a loaf of store brand wheat sandwich bread. I noticed about 3 weeks ago it shrunk down on the shelf. 2 weeks ago there was less and on the bottom shelf. This past week none. It’s either white bread still below a dollar or whole wheat which is at a higher price. The regular wheat loaf I bought was below a dollar. :scratch Not sure if any of the other locations still have it or totally done away with.

ChildofLight

At the grocery store I shop at I usually got a loaf of store brand wheat sandwich bread. I noticed about 3 weeks ago it shrunk down on the shelf. 2 weeks ago there was less and on the bottom shelf. This past week none. It’s either white bread still below a dollar or whole wheat which is at a higher price. The regular wheat loaf I bought was below a dollar. :scratch Not sure if any of the other locations still have it or totally done away with.
I noticed today a lot of the wheat bread I buy back on the shelf.

TimeWarpWife

Walmart has raised the price of my favorite drink mix, Kool Aid, by .05 to .30 a packet now. Thankfully, our local Safeway and Wegmans still have it for .25 a packet. Has anyone else noticed that Walmart's prices on things are getting higher than the regular grocery stores? We used to buy a lot more stuff at Walmart, but their rising prices are causing us to shop at other stores.

TimeWarpWife

Every Monday Safeway used to have a deal where you got 8 pieces of fried or grilled chicken for $4.99, now it's gone up to $8.99. :faint2 No more "chicken Mondays" for us.
Saw in Safeway's weekly sale paper that this "bargain" now only includes thighs, drumsticks, and wings, whereas before you also got two breast pieces. Went to Wegmans today to get a treat for myself, one of the storemade cherry pies ~ $15 for one regular size pie. :faint2 Last year they were $12 and while it was still expensive, I'd treat myself every now and then to one. Not at $15 ~ I was so depressed. And the yellow Yukon potatoes I like have gone up to $5.99 for a 5 lb. bag, didn't buy those either. I'm a poor person living in an area where there are either a lot of rich people or people in debt. I saw people filling up containers from the Asian hot bar for $14.99/lb., there was a long line at the sub counter (a large sub now costs $13.99), and I saw one lady pick up a container of Wegmans storemade cookies that cost $13.99/lb. How on earth these people are affording these outrageous prices is beyond me. I know I can't afford it. I stopped by Safeway on my way home from Wegmans and got two boxes of Little Debbies banana marshmallow cakes 2 for $5 for my desserts for the next week. Of course, shrinkflation has happened to them and they're smaller than they were the last time I bought them. With Walmart's prices going up and surpassing some of the things at the more expensive grocery stores and the grocery stores themselves continually raising prices, I don't know how much longer regular people are going to be able to afford food. Of course, I'm pretty sure that's the Demonrats' plan. :furious

Last edited:

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
A pint (16 oz), the small size jar, of organic Kosher dill pickles $6.29 :eek :furious :rant :mad :wild :frust :cry

There aren't any pumpernickel, rye, or true whole wheat hamburger buns (that don't taste like cardboard/sawdust) in the stores, and there's more sugar in the white hamburger buns than there used to be :mad A bag of 12 white slider buns was $3.99. Another brand was $8.99! :eek

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Last edited:

NewWine2020

:oops I forgot to say that you need to cook the hot dogs prior to slicing them and putting them in the stew.
You think JOE BIDEN would remember to cook the hot dogs before adding them to the Biden stew?

Heck, no, he wouldn't!

If you cook 'em it's just plain 'old "Hoover Stew!" Go for authentic, just yell: "C'mon, man!" And toss those raw dogs right in.

TimeWarpWife

A bag of Dorito's Nacho Cheese family size chips was on sale at Safeway today for $5.49. :faint2 They used to be around 3.59 on sale, which was still higher than Walmart, but sometimes it was worth it to pay a little more for the convenience of not having to go to WM too. Obviously I didn't buy them. Safeway used to have desserts like cookies, cakes, pies, etc. for $5 on weekends, now the cookies and danishes are $6 and $7 ~ the pies and cakes were 9.99 and up.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
bag of Dorito's Nacho Cheese family size chips was on sale at Safeway today for $5.49. :faint2
Exactly!!! You really have to shop around for treats and chips!!

Kraft Mac and cheese in the box...the kind that has a bag of cheese that you squeeze in it...on sale 2/$7!

Hot dog buns..Pepperage Farm brand...2/$6.

And we buy store brand cooking oil. ..over $11 for a jug.

I cant believe these prices. Praising God that we can afford food and gas.

For the most Part, we cook the vast majority of our meals and enjoy left overs. I love it when my fridge is full of prepared food.

TimeWarpWife

Went to Wegmans today and a 5 lb. bag of plain old white potatoes, which were a $1.99 at the beginning of the year, are now $3.99. :shocked With the red and Yukons up to $5.99 for a 5 lb. bag, I don't know how much longer people are even going to be able to afford potatoes. Things like potatoes and cabbage back during the Great Depression and WWII were always cheap to buy so even most of the poor could afford them. Not anymore. Cabbage is .99/lb. at Wegmans and they're usually cheaper than other stores. Cherries are $6.99/lb. and although Walmart has them on sale for $4.67/lb. that's still way too expensive for me to buy. And the frozen vegetables have skyrocketed too ~ most were over $4 a bag. How much longer are the poor, working, and middle classes going to be able to afford food? Naturally, the "let them eat cake" Demonrats and RINOs aren't being affected by this and they keep telling us that they "can't" do anything about it. :furious I hope Jesus calls the church home very soon, otherwise it looks like there are going to be a lot of people around the world who are going to be hungry because they can't get or afford food which will lead to deaths from starvation and malnutrition. :sad

Last edited:

TimeWarpWife

I had a horrible and terrifying thought on my way home from the grocery store today. From what I understand, some German grocery stores are starting to ration, aka "limit" how much the customer can buy, things like bread, pasta, and cooking oil. Here in the States, baby formula is rationed. If what the so-called experts are saying about food and gasoline shortages coming and the government would have to start rationing food, can you even imagine what an absolute chaotic mess this current administration would make of it? I actually got a chill down my spine even considering it. There are two things I already know would happen: First, all of the politicians and their families, both Demonrats and Republicans, would have all the food they want, not need, but want, and secondly, the rest of us peons would be starving. Just look at how they've royally mishandled and messed up the baby formula shortage ~ now times that by a bazillion and you still won't even come close to how horrible things would be. :doh

Jaybird

I have been trying to wrap my head around the food shortage and had a thought. As we know the third horseman of the Apocalypse (third seal) is commonly interpreted as hyperinflation/famine that follows the second horseman (war). Historically, war always causes famine. However, the first horseman of the apocalypse is a conqueror who manages to conquer peacefully. What if this manipulated food shortage (over 97 food processing plants in the US have been sabotaged) is a precursor to the first horseman? If the world is experiencing a food shortage and someone comes on the scene who has the answer to solve this problem he would be hailed as a great person/leader. Could this person "conquer" the world with his solution? We know this happens after the Rapture - perhaps it is way closer than we think? No dates, but when people are hungry they will easily follow anyone who can offer a solution to the problem.

Back