Prices Already Rising

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Saw a 12 pack of toilet paper selling at $30! This was at a place I don't normally shop at as they tend to have higher prices... even so, that's extra spendy for TP!

On another note, in answer to prayer I've found a couple places that re-sells food (and other products) for excellent prices and in quality condition.

I'm sure praying for God's help in the same way for others here and for the church. :sad

Today I was able to get some great, high quality items we needed at a garage sale (including a nice parallel bible :D ). It's funny, my son needed a new lamp, someone 'happen' to mention the sale and time just 'happen' to open up. I do believe God graciously informed and made a way for me to get there.....and for my family's and the Church's benefit. :)

The church is using the proceeds for missions, one being for the Ukraine, of which one of their members has been instrumental within Poland, aiding and helping refugees coming out of Ukraine. Plus it was so nice to interact with the body of Christ! :)

Things are shocking and grim looking but that's when God shines even more as He provides and faithfully works as our wonderful helper. :pray

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
I bought groceries yesterday at Food Lion. I could really tell the prices have jumped up. $6 for a bag of chips!! I only bought necessities and ice cream treats for the kids. There were a good many shelves almost empty. Any junk food will have to come from Aldi.

This after paying $4.29 for gas....the highest that I have ever paid since owning a car.

The Bible teaches us to praise God and give thanks. Thankful to live in US, for a car and being able to buy food. Thankful that food is still available.

I think with these prices, some folks will not be able to afford enough food soon. I want to buy some Chef Boyardee and give to the church pantry.

This present state is so hurtful to the folks who are working, but making lower wages.

Armor of Light

Praising my Savior all the day long!
Milk and dairy products are really on the rise, even at ALDI, we love their cottage cheese and buy 6 at a time, used to get 6 for about $9 or less, now it is going up by the week, this week it was over $14, also lawn care products rising, a small bottle of broadleaf weed spray is now half the size but costs more.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
I read an article that said 76 Co. Recalibrated their gas pumps to handle double digit prices :( I dont think I could afford gas if it goes near $10/gal let alone over that...
Huh....I think many would have to work from home as they did in the past 2 years.
Maybe Satan wants people working from home so the Raptured won't be missed immediately. But that would only affect those in the US.

penbrat

I bought groceries yesterday at Food Lion. I could really tell the prices have jumped up. $6 for a bag of chips!! I only bought necessities and ice cream treats for the kids. There were a good many shelves almost empty. Any junk food will have to come from Aldi.

This after paying $4.29 for gas....the highest that I have ever paid since owning a car.

The Bible teaches us to praise God and give thanks. Thankful to live in US, for a car and being able to buy food. Thankful that food is still available.

I think with these prices, some folks will not be able to afford enough food soon. I want to buy some Chef Boyardee and give to the church pantry.

This present state is so hurtful to the folks who are working, but making lower wages.
Not sure if it holds true still but I used to find chips much cheaper at Dollar General and/or Family Dollar than the grocery store or even Walmart.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
Just a heads up, there's a recall on jiffy peanut butter(salmonella)I just returned 5 jars I got on a great discount. Fortunately I was able to buy kroger brand for a replacement for the same price. I'm stocking up to beat rising costs.
I checked my jar of Jiffy and it's on recall. Hoping to return it to the grocery and get a free jar???? Hoping....cause it was pricey! But we have already eaten some of it.

TimeWarpWife

Just checked Costco.com and the last time I looked Kirkland 30 rolls of toilet paper online was $19.99, but was $16.99 if you bought it in the store. Today the online price is up $3 at $22.99. Their Kirkland paper towels were 15 rolls for $18.99, now it's 12 rolls for $21.99 ~ shrinkflation. :faint2 They're already having riots in places like Sri Lanka because most people can't afford food, gas, medicine, any many other things and last I heard the rioters had burned down 38 politicans' homes, including the PM's. https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2022...sters-house-150-hospitalized-lawmaker-killed/

crystal spyder

My second cousin said he priced some cedar boards and plywood. He asked a friend about working on a balcony repair and when got the quote he was shocked. The cedar DOUBLED IN PRICE as well as plywood in 1 weeks time.
Meanwhile I’m writing down each individual food purchase price to check on difference coming up down the road.
Already? Have been for over a year.

Here farmlands are bought as soon as they go on the market.

However, the promised HOA communities advertised and already named, have yet to break ground due to the cost of building supplies.

Mama Bug

I’m not for burning down or otherwise vandalizing buildings or homes but I think a good old fashioned protest is in order. Multiple protests in multiple cities. Probably won’t happen but if needs to. I’ve noticed no riots since Dementia Joe got in office but are we better off with him there? The answer is a big fat NO. Is it all his fault? No, it’s the leftie loonies and Creepy’s handlers and Obama’s fault too. He is merely a brain dead sock puppet who signs whatever executive order they put in front of him with the promise of unlimited ice cream. Something needs to be done. I pray the Lord intervenes sooner rather than later.

ChildofLight

Already? Have been for over a year.

Here farmlands are bought as soon as they go on the market.

However, the promised HOA communities advertised and already named, have yet to break ground due to the cost of building supplies.
Farmland here as well. If far enough outside of town, it’s being split up into large lots. On the edge of town it becomes developments and a lot of them are duplexes. Many houses on the market are also being bought up for rent housing.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
:eek :yikes The price of a headstone went up OVER 35 PERCENT!!! :yikes :eek
:furious :rant :mad :wild :frust :cry

Stupid me waited so I could pay cash instead of putting it on a cc and paying interest, and they couldn't place the stone during the winter, anyway
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

:cry

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Last edited:

TimeWarpWife

I believe it's time to change the name of "Hoover Stew" ~ named for President Herbert Hoover, the Biden of his day ~ to "Biden Stew."

Biden Stew:

1 lb. macaroni
1 lb. hot dogs, sliced
2 cans of stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 can of corn, undrained

Cook macaroni according to package instructions, drain, then add sliced hot dogs, stewed tomatoes, corn, and mix together.

Last edited:
Back