Prices Already Rising

Lovin Jesus

My local grocery prints the price for the item and on the side, prints a price per pound. I am amazed sometimes at how much the price/pound differs in different sizes of the same product.
Ex....3oz of pecans=3.75 (19.75/lb)
16 Oz pecans= 9.00 (9.00/lb)

This is just an example, I didn’t work out the math.
Most bacon is now sold in 12oz packs, not 16.
The Family Dollar store sells frozen Digorno singles pizza. One of them has Bacon. Just because it has bacon the single Digorno is near $9.00. $9.00 for a frozen pizza. I can buy a fresh pizza from Papa John's or Little Caesar's pizza for 7.00. but I think anything with bacon anywhere in California is very expensive because our state passed a ",bacon" bill. Go figure a bacon bill. Some stores have stopped putting the price on the shelves of items, so it doesn't scare people off. Then to make things harder most stores no longer give cash back when using a debit card. And grocery stores are saying " no bags" for your groceries now. It's not that they can't get them it's the regulations on plastic in California making people taper off of plastics because of climate change. How do they plan on getting rid of plastic in hospitals when the majority of hospital equipment and tubes are plastic? All of it is a farce like the so called "coin shortage" we've had for years but it has always been about transitioning to cashless currency. The globalists always use excuses for burdens the burdens impose on us

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
Go figure a bacon bill. Some stores have stopped putting the price on the shelves of items, so it doesn't scare people off. Then to make things harder most stores no longer give cash back when using a debit card. And grocery stores are saying " no bags" for your groceries
Girl that's crazy!!

I know it's harder for my neice to shop at Walmart because very few self checkouts accept cash. And most registers are self checkout. And a card would be quite difficult for her to manage as she has very limited math skills.

Lovin Jesus

Girl that's crazy!!

I know it's harder for my neice to shop at Walmart because very few self checkouts accept cash. And most registers are self checkout. And a card would be quite difficult for her to manage as she has very limited math skills.
I don't like having my money in the bank, I withdraw it as soon as my deposit goes in because I don't know if there will be a cyber attack on our financial institutions like I keep hearing about but then as you point out alot of places won't take cash anymore either.

Bashful

I bought last year about this time the store brand a 6 pack of cans of chicken white meat. At that time it was $12. I walked by in store today and did a quick backtrack to look at the price- $17. :oops:
I don't know if it's the same for everyone, buy I get 12 packs of chicken at Walmart.com for $19.94. $1.66 per 12 oz can us the cheapest I've been able to find.

cheeky200386

It’s turned into a California-like housing market in Western NC. If you can find a home for sale, there are 3-4 people already looking at it, and someone has put an offer in over and above the asking price! Where I grew up in N. CA, my husband and I bought a home while he was still in the Coast Guard. He got transferred and we resold for a nice profit.

When we came to live in his home state in the 1980’s, real estate was cheap! We bought a home for under $50k. It was a fixer upper, but still a great deal. When the USPS closed a bunch of offices and mail processing facilities (thanks Obummer), we had to relocate to Greensboro. And then when DH was close to retirement, we bought back where we are now. Prices were a lot more but still not CA-like!

Thank You Lord, for the home we have! I don’t see how young couples or families can afford it!
They can't. My husband and I are on that boat. We're priced out in our state of MA and many other places. We're blessed to live in my mother's house downstairs. Once she sells it in a few more years, we'll have to get an apartment at mortgage level rents or be blessed to find a house we can afford. We've been saving for several years for a down payment.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
The Family Dollar store sells frozen Digorno singles pizza. One of them has Bacon. Just because it has bacon the single Digorno is near $9.00. $9.00 for a frozen pizza. I can buy a fresh pizza from Papa John's or Little Caesar's pizza for 7.00. but I think anything with bacon anywhere in California is very expensive because our state passed a ",bacon" bill. Go figure a bacon bill. Some stores have stopped putting the price on the shelves of items, so it doesn't scare people off. Then to make things harder most stores no longer give cash back when using a debit card. And grocery stores are saying " no bags" for your groceries now. It's not that they can't get them it's the regulations on plastic in California making people taper off of plastics because of climate change. How do they plan on getting rid of plastic in hospitals when the majority of hospital equipment and tubes are plastic? All of it is a farce like the so called "coin shortage" we've had for years but it has always been about transitioning to cashless currency. The globalists always use excuses for burdens the burdens impose on us

There are now plant-grown "plastics." Some of the WF produce bags are made out of it. Usually by the potatoes and onions :smile They're the "yellowy" (as opposed to the greenish or colorless) ones. These bags are compostable/biodegradable :smile They still work well for picking up :gromit :poop when we go out or for a walk :smile Haven't taken any out during a downpour, so don't know if there could be an "issue" :eek

If not for pet needs, I'd just as soon use the reusable net bags because they work well. Except have to be extra careful about sanitation in public-use carts :tappingfoot

Ghoti Ichthus

Ever get a response back ?

If I send an email to a manufacturer complaining about a product(s) or packaging, I usually get a coupon(s) in a return email or targeted ads.
If I don't want to buy the product(s) allowable on the coupon(s), I try to give it/them to someone that does use the product(s) or donate it/them to the church food pantry.

Lovin Jesus

I am a chocolate lover. Lately when I gave felt like having a chocolate bar I cannot believe the cost for a bar of Hershey's chocolate. $2.50 in our local dollar store. $2.50 for one chocolate bar! I look up to the top shelf at the seasonal bags of chocolate for Easter, the cost for that bag is now $10.00.
Time to find something else to satisfy my sweet tooth, until that too is unaffordable.

Ghoti Ichthus

I am a chocolate lover. Lately when I gave felt like having a chocolate bar I cannot believe the cost for a bar of Hershey's chocolate. $2.50 in our local dollar store. $2.50 for one chocolate bar! I look up to the top shelf at the seasonal bags of chocolate for Easter, the cost for that bag is now $10.00.
Time to find something else to satisfy my sweet tooth, until that too is unaffordable.

On sale at Walgreen's, Lindt 2.8 oz dark chocolate bar 2/$6
It's a significantly larger bar than the Hershey's bar and much better quality chocolate

The 95 percent cacao version is so chocolately and rich, that one or two of the 10 squares in each bar easily take care of the chocolate cravings, plus take care of the daily phosphorous and flavonoid needs of a woman . Bonus 1: NO SOY :hyper Bonus 2: So little sugar that no sugar rush or crash Bonus 3: So little sugar that it doesn't rev up the appetite or cause more cravings for either chocolate or sugar :smile

The 85 percent cacao version has more sugar, but also NO SOY, and ALSO NOT PROCESSED WITH ALKALAI. I find this version too sweet and the sugar content causes me "issues"

ALL the other versions (strengths?) HAVE SOY :frown

Unfortunately, not organic :frown
:smile Having a square or two a day, one of the 95 percent cacao bars can easily last 5 days to a week to 10 days :smile

There's a tasting guide on the inside of the outer packages . . .

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . .

:thankyou JESUS!!! :thankyou

Lovin Jesus

On sale at Walgreen's, Lindt 2.8 oz dark chocolate bar 2/$6
It's a significantly larger bar than the Hershey's bar and much better quality chocolate

The 95 percent cacao version is so chocolately and rich, that one or two of the 10 squares in each bar easily take care of the chocolate cravings, plus take care of the daily phosphorous and flavonoid needs of a woman . Bonus 1: NO SOY :hyper Bonus 2: So little sugar that no sugar rush or crash Bonus 3: So little sugar that it doesn't rev up the appetite or cause more cravings for either chocolate or sugar :smile

The 85 percent cacao version has more sugar, but also NO SOY, and ALSO NOT PROCESSED WITH ALKALAI. I find this version too sweet and the sugar content causes me "issues"

ALL the other versions (strengths?) HAVE SOY :frown

Unfortunately, not organic :frown
:smile Having a square or two a day, one of the 95 percent cacao bars can easily last 5 days to a week to 10 days :smile

There's a tasting guide on the inside of the outer packages . . .

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . .

:thankyou JESUS!!! :thankyou
I like carob too it's just as good I think. Also the yogurt covered nuts or raisins are good. Hard to find them though in regular stores. Have to go to a health food store.

Ghoti Ichthus

I like carob too it's just as good I think. Also the yogurt covered nuts or raisins are good. Hard to find them though in regular stores. Have to go to a health food store.

Walgreen's has them, or used to. The local grocery chain here has them, at least sometimes. Whole Foods has carob in multiple formats.

I don't like carob or yogurt or raisins covered in anything :frown

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
That is terrible. I saw some $10 bags of candy recently, Reeses cups, I think.
I wish I could send you some affordable candy but I doubt it would travel without melting.

Back