Prices Already Rising

caligal

Mac and I are very blessed because we have a military shopping complex here in Pcola with a commissary and medical clinics. They are usually well stocked and most times a little lower in price.
We use Walmart for bread, milk,and incidentals. We have a huge active and retired community here all the way to Eglin to the east and Keesler AFB to the west. They have their own shopping complexes also.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I was looking to buy some beef today. There was a 3lb pack of steak tips for $28. I just put it back. It's too bad because I need more iron in my diet. Hopefully other foods will suffice.

I've started looking at the racks where they're trying to move the meat that they need to sell... even that marked down stuff is pricey but is much better than the regular price.

Work4Peanuts

I like being just a Well-Known Member
I was looking to buy some beef today. There was a 3lb pack of steak tips for $28. I just put it back. It's too bad because I need more iron in my diet. Hopefully other foods will suffice.
I looked up good sources of heme-iron, and it looks like (besides beef) chicken livers, mussels and oysters are all good sources.
Non-heme sources, which aren't absorbed by the body as well, include beans and pumpkin seeds.
Just some ideas.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
What size bottle? If it's a pint that's pretty pricey... if it's a gallon, tell me where I can get it!

Lucini Organic Premium Select Extra Virgin Olive Oil 750 ml bottle. Just over a pint and a half.
All the other Lucini olive oils went up, too :frown
My guess is transportation costs because it actually does come from Italy.

Definitely a when-it's-on-sale-only item.

Ghoti Ichthus

Looked at some of the non-organic Lucini olive oil today and discovered not all of the products are 100 percent Italian anymore :frown Some of the products are made with Argentinian olives. At least the bottles are prominently labeled.

Ghoti Ichthus

Maybe a multivitamin with iron?

I take SimplyOne 50+ Men with Iron and can tell a HUGE difference in how I feel. SuperNutrition was bought out by California Gold, but the bottle still says SuperNutrition.
(I can't take the women's version due to cancer history)

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
A friend of mine was dealing with this as well and she recently discovered that apparently nuts contributed to blocking iron levels for her. Thought I'd throw that out there, it was quite the surprise to her and when she stopped eating nuts she did well in terms of getting iron uptaked into her body to use.

cheeky200386

I looked up good sources of heme-iron, and it looks like (besides beef) chicken livers, mussels and oysters are all good sources.
Non-heme sources, which aren't absorbed by the body as well, include beans and pumpkin seeds.
Just some ideas.
Thank you! I've never bought mussels or oysters at the grocery stores. I worry they'll be even more expensive. Seafood always is. I love beans and Pumpkin seeds! I'll take a look at chicken liver.

cheeky200386

Maybe a multivitamin with iron?

I take SimplyOne 50+ Men with Iron and can tell a HUGE difference in how I feel. SuperNutrition was bought out by California Gold, but the bottle still says SuperNutrition.
(I can't take the women's version due to cancer history)
I had to take one while pregnant and it helped. I'll have to go buy it again and just add it in my daily regiment. I hated that it tasted like blood. Yuk! I'll look into the brand you get too. Thanks!

Ghoti Ichthus

I had to take one while pregnant and it helped. I'll have to go buy it again and just add it in my daily regiment. I hated that it tasted like blood. Yuk! I'll look into the brand you get too. Thanks!

They have multis for men and women and men 50+ and women 50+ Regular and chewable. They also have specialty products.

Back