Prices Already Rising

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
FreshKisses doggie large dental treats are $1 more and they don't go on sale near as often as they used to. And they're 2 cents less than the minimum purchase required to use the $5 coupon for the chain pet store that's on the back of one of the grocery store's receipts :frown

Ghoti Ichthus

Organic sugar has doubled in price :furious :rant :mad :wild :cry

The fair-trade organic sugar has more than doubled in price, AND the package is less than half as large :furious :rant :mad :wild :cry

Grass-fed butter has almost doubled in price. The organic grass-fed butter I prefer has been totally unavailable for many months :furious :rant :mad :wild :cry

Organic unsweetened cocoa powder, when it finally showed up on the shelf, has more than doubled in price. :furious :rant :mad :wild :cry

Organic unbleached flour (both whole wheat and white) is more than double the price. Can't find much rye flour (organic or otherwise) at all since 2019 :furious :rant :mad :wild :cry

:pray :pray :amen :amen

fl2007rn

Organic sugar has doubled in price :furious :rant :mad :wild :cry

The fair-trade organic sugar has more than doubled in price, AND the package is less than half as large :furious :rant :mad :wild :cry

Grass-fed butter has almost doubled in price. The organic grass-fed butter I prefer has been totally unavailable for many months :furious :rant :mad :wild :cry

Organic unsweetened cocoa powder, when it finally showed up on the shelf, has more than doubled in price. :furious :rant :mad :wild :cry

Organic unbleached flour (both whole wheat and white) is more than double the price. Can't find much rye flour (organic or otherwise) at all since 2019 :furious :rant :mad :wild :cry

I would say my grocery bill has gone up by 30% since the beginning of this year. I am thankful I only have to feed myself and my husband. I can't imagine how a young couple with little children can afford it.

TimeWarpWife

I hadn't been to my local Wegmans in about 3 weeks, so imagine my surprise when I went to the checkout and there wasn't a plastic bag to be seen. I chat with the lady who runs the self-checkout whenever I'm there, so I asked her what was going on. She said that they not only were no longer using plastic bags, the paper bags they do offer will cost .05 for each one. She said there were reusable bags that I could buy for .99 a piece. I told her that I wasn't able to use paper bags because of my knee disability I wouldn't be able to carry them up the stairs at my house. I also said I didn't really want to pay for reusable bags, which I had some at home, but don't like (they rip easily). She had one of the managers come talk to me and she kindly gave me 5 of the reusable bags at no cost. After leaving the store I got to thinking, and then I got a bit upset because inflation keeps going up and up and up, making the grocery prices even higher, and they have the nerve to charge people more of their hard earned money for bags? To beat it all, when I got home I read what the bags had printed on them, "never think about yourself; always help others." What hypocrites! They're not thinking about or helping their customers, they're just making even more money off them on top of the skyrocketing inflation prices.

TimeWarpWife

UPDATE: Although Wegmans' corporate decided all their stores would stop using plastic bags and charge for paper and reusables, I just found out that all retail stores in my county will be doing away with plastic bags and charging for bags as of January 1st. :furious I hate living in a Communist Democrat-run woke county!

Ghoti Ichthus

UPDATE: Although Wegmans' corporate decided all their stores would stop using plastic bags and charge for paper and reusables, I just found out that all retail stores in my county will be doing away with plastic bags and charging for bags as of January 1st. :furious I hate living in a Communist Democrat-run woke county!
Minneapolis bag tax is $0.10 per paper bag. I don't know about plastic bags because WF doesn't have them and I don't usually shop any place else inside the Minneapolis City limits.

Ghoti Ichthus

The Whole Foods generic organic applesauce with CINNAMON, has noticeably less CINNAMON :furious :rant :mad :wild

So now I have to add more organic CINNAMON to it [sigh]

heisable2

The Whole Foods generic organic applesauce with CINNAMON, has noticeably less CINNAMON :furious :rant :mad :wild

So now I have to add more organic CINNAMON to it [sigh]
Well there is a fix for that. Buy some apples and make your own. Or buy some apples and after a while, the ones that you haven't eaten make applesauce and add cinnamon. Freezer or can, repeat as necessary.

Another thing you may like is make some apple butter from your applesauce. There's recipes on the web. I've made it in my microwave and I cook it for a little bit stir it down, cook it some more stir it down till I get it nice and thick. By then it has a brownish color because of the cinnamon. But it sure is good on crackers or bread.

Ghoti Ichthus

Well there is a fix for that. Buy some apples and make your own. Or buy some apples and after a while, the ones that you haven't eaten make applesauce and add cinnamon. Freezer or can, repeat as necessary.

Another thing you may like is make some apple butter from your applesauce. There's recipes on the web. I've made it in my microwave and I cook it for a little bit stir it down, cook it some more stir it down till I get it nice and thick. By then it has a brownish color because of the cinnamon. But it sure is good on crackers or bread.

I'd rather make my own, but no sieve/apple sauce thingee right now, and having medical issues that makes this problematic for now, anyway :frown

Ghoti Ichthus

Poinsettias are at least 50 percent higher than last year, and most of them are not of the usual high quality :frown

Christmas trees are about the same price as last year, but smaller and lower quality, and some varieties completely unavailable :cry The guy at one of the lots said it was the drought :frown I did find a nice Douglas fir that was very fresh, likely because it still had a lot of snow in/on it :smile The living room smells aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :smile

Last edited:
Back