Prices Already Rising

ChildofLight

Today my brother and I went riding. We stopped at Dairy Queen thinking of getting chili dogs. They don’t have “dogs” anymore. :( Therefore we got 4 piece steak finger basket with fries and drink. For the 2 of us it came to almost $20. It was $8.99 each. For that price we could have gone to a nice restaurant and got much better food. Won’t be stopping there anymore.

My second cousin said he priced some cedar boards and plywood. He asked a friend about working on a balcony repair and when got the quote he was shocked. The cedar DOUBLED IN PRICE as well as plywood in 1 weeks time.
Meanwhile I’m writing down each individual food purchase price to check on difference coming up down the road.
gas prices here in idaho getting closer to 4.00 a gal. 3.83 at a walmart. that's aweful. 2.43 during trump's admin.

RaptureReady

Dancing with my Father God in Fields of Grace
I paid $4.00/gal for gas this morning in Denver. Food prices here are getting ridiculous. Chicken used to be the cheapest meat and now is as bad as beef and pork. I'm going to be canning a lot of fruits and veggies in the next couple of weeks and we're stocking up on meats and canned goods before it's too bad.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Everything is up. BBQ sauce $1 a bottle, applesauce, 20 cents a jar, chicken broth 20 cents a box, etc. The produce, ai-yai-yai-yai-yai! and the quality and availability are way down. I wonder if the produce issues are related to the fires and delays in transport.

Well, everything except bananas. The local chain is selling the first pound free (no minimum purchase, but only one pound free per day) . This happened last year, too. Think I might make and freeze some banana bread :smile

mattfivefour

A gallon of regular gas is $3.39 at most places here in southern Illinois, although I have seen it higher when traveling around. A year ago we were paying $1.99 to 2:29. It would have been about 30 cents a gallon lower but Illinois doubled its state gas tax about a year or so ago.

fl2007rn

Everything is up. BBQ sauce $1 a bottle, applesauce, 20 cents a jar, chicken broth 20 cents a box, etc. The produce, ai-yai-yai-yai-yai! and the quality and availability are way down. I wonder if the produce issues are related to the fires and delays in transport.

Well, everything except bananas. The local chain is selling the first pound free (no minimum purchase, but only one pound free per day) . This happened last year, too. Think I might make and freeze some banana bread :smile
It is very frustrating to go grocery shopping these days. I look for BOGO deals at the grocery store and find myself buying store brands if they are good quality. In Florida we have Publix grocery stores and their store brands are mostly excellent.

fl2007rn

Dog food price went up 25 percent!

:furious :rant :mad :wild :frust :cry

At least the package weight is the same.

PS: There isn't a bigger font available, or I would've used it :lol
I started making my own moist dog food and it is cheaper and better than buying cans. I take a couple of pounds of ground turkey along with vegetables, and my pooches get a 1/2 cup in the morning and another 1/2 cup in the evening. My dogs are little so they don't eat as much as a large dog.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Gas is up another dime here :furious :rant :mad :wild :frust :cry

They used to wait until the week before Labor Day for the annual August price increase :tappingfoot And it always went back down after Labor Day before school started :tappingfoot

:pray :pray :amen :amen

MikeD

Prices rising is a killer to me! My last fill up in my truck was in a part of the country where diesel prices at NOT cheap. Filled up with a total of 126 gallons - $399 was the cost!! That hurt! Takes quite a bit from the bottom line as to what I actually bring home!!

Yes I will admit, all of us are feeling this crunch. Ain't easy.

Come Lord Jesus!!

Back