Prices Already Rising

Lovin Jesus

I worked at gas stations during the various stupidities :lol

I've had to pay over $5 a gallon in the U.S. a few times, and over $4 multiple periods of time. Thankfully, the cars I've had were pretty fuel efficient :smile

I feel sorry for all the people that bought vehicles with not-so-great fuel efficiency. I get it that some needed them, but many only wanted them, and others didn't have a lot of choice because of what the manufacturers build and ship . . .

One of my pet peeves has always been the lack of fuel efficiency in most vehicles and the lack of progress in improving fuel efficiency. I get it that pollution control and some other things on vehicles make this more difficult, but I would think a mile per gallon improvement per year, or even every two years is feasible. Obviously, it's not economically advantageous to anyone [oil-vehicle industrial complex] except the consumer. Ditto built-in obsolescence/wear out/breakage.

Example: In 1980, I got a car that was rated at 51 mpg hwy. 2000, 49 mpg hwy. 2012, 50 mpg hwy. Yes, technology is better, but why the plateau? Oh, and if the computer in my current car is set to Japanese specs, the emissions are the same as US specs, the performance is better, and I get 72 mpg on summer fuel not running the AC :tappingfoot

:soapbox :rant
I feel sorry for everyone who will have to get rid of all of their fossel fuel run cars and be forced to convert to electric cars. According to the liberal government of California this is scheduled for 2035

Channah

Yes, prices are very expensive now. Dinner for two for just steaks, mash potatoes, creamed spinach was over $200.00. Packages are smaller and even the Gouda cheese I buy is very expensive now. Paper towels are very expensive and there's a small disclaimer that says on the PT that due to shortages they cut 60 pieces of paper on the paper towel but at a higher price.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Yes, prices are very expensive now. Dinner for two for just steaks, mash potatoes, creamed spinach was over $200.00. Packages are smaller and even the Gouda cheese I buy is very expensive now. Paper towels are very expensive and there's a small disclaimer that says on the PT that due to shortages they cut 60 pieces of paper on the paper towel but at a higher price.

I was just wondering why a roll wasn't lasting nearly as long now . . . :mad

Maybe have to use TP in lieu of paper towels :lol

Ghoti Ichthus

I went and got those microfiber clothes from Sam's Club. I can use those and wash them or soak them in Borax and laundry soap in a bucket.

I have a lot of small white terry towels and washcloths, and flour sack dish towels. They get used for *everything,* and washed in hot water, soap, and a bunch of bleach. Extra rinse . . . There's a drawer in the kitchen where I keep a bunch rolled . . . old habits . . .

Channah

Money is tight now for so many people and with prices rising I don’t know how long people can survive paying for these prices.

Today a news article said that Biden and Pelosi want to give each child 3K a month. People won’t want to work.

One of my bosses who is a Christian said what’s the purpose of working when others have to work and others don’t.

Channah

Just wanted to add stock up on Zote soap. They’re small, compact and does everything, laundry, dishes, shampoo, everything that needs washing. I use them to wash clothes masks and they’re cheap. It’s made in Mexico and it’s a quality product. Walmart stocks them but they go fast.

Work4Peanuts

I like being just a Well-Known Member
Just wanted to add stock up on Zote soap. They’re small, compact and does everything, laundry, dishes, shampoo, everything that needs washing. I use them to wash clothes masks and they’re cheap. It’s made in Mexico and it’s a quality product. Walmart stocks them but they go fast.
There's also Fels-Naptha. It tends to be a little cheaper than Zote. It's not the same as it was when I was growing up, but it still works well. I've discovered that they put it in the "stain treatment" section at Wal*Mart, but it's still just a bar of laundry soap.

Ghoti Ichthus

Money is tight now for so many people and with prices rising I don’t know how long people can survive paying for these prices.

Today a news article said that Biden and Pelosi want to give each child 3K a month. People won’t want to work.

One of my bosses who is a Christian said what’s the purpose of working when others have to work and others don’t.

If they do this, then maybe I should start praying for a miracle, and as long as I'm asking, I think I should ask for quadruplets! :biggrin

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I feel sorry for everyone who will have to get rid of all of their fossel fuel run cars and be forced to convert to electric cars. According to the liberal government of California this is scheduled for 2035

Then there's feeling sorry for everyone with electric cars. They'll have to ration electricity everywhere because there won't nearly be enough for the new demand. They already have to have planned electrical outages in Kalifornia.

Back