Prices Already Rising

ChildofLight

My second cousin said he priced some cedar boards and plywood. He asked a friend about working on a balcony repair and when got the quote he was shocked. The cedar DOUBLED IN PRICE as well as plywood in 1 weeks time.
Meanwhile I’m writing down each individual food purchase price to check on difference coming up down the road.

Cindy S.

When he comes, will he find faith? Luke 18:8
My second cousin said he priced some cedar boards and plywood. He asked a friend about working on a balcony repair and when got the quote he was shocked. The cedar DOUBLED IN PRICE as well as plywood in 1 weeks time.
Meanwhile I’m writing down each individual food purchase price to check on difference coming up down the road.
Building materials have been high since covid, probably because people have nothing else to do. But I am going to gas up tonight.

ChildofLight

Building materials have been high since covid, probably because people have nothing else to do. But I am going to gas up tonight.
That’s where I’m fixin to head now. Fill up truck and 3 cans for the 3 mowers which are already filled with gas. Bought 3 more 5 gal buckets with lids to put food staples in. Went to Walmart to buy some pint jars. The shelves were bare of jars but got supplies of lids. Guess will get jars at grocery.

fl2007rn

Prices have been going up since the pandemic began, and I suppose they will continue to up with the demoncrats in office. Luckily, I only cook for my husband and myself and I try to buy things on sale or use a coupon. Gas is about $2.15 but I suppose that will increase too. My husband and I are also handy with home repair and building projects so that is a plus.

Lovin Jesus

Not only prices rising but empty shelves again. I honestly believe it’s not a “shortage”. I think the goods are purposely held up to a ration, and also due to deliberate shut downs of business and production to keep limited supply. It’s being done on purpose. It gets me mad but no worries, God is the supplier of all things even the things they rob from us and store for their ungodly purposes. Matthew chapter 6. That’s all we need to rely on.

Last edited:

ChildofLight

There is just my brother and I also. Sometimes I take some food to my cousin next door as she lives by herself therefore doesn’t cook much. I just want to have stuff on hand while I can afford it.

I’m also buying a few simple dresses as I have mostly skirts and blouses of which the skirts are now too big and they are so old and worn looking. Ready for something new and fresh and give me a happy feeling of doing something for myself for a change. I get tired of wearing jeans all the time and like to feel more like a woman than a tomboy.

ChildofLight

Not only prices rising but empty shelves again. I honestly believe it’s not a “shortage”. I think the goods are purposely held up to a ration, and also due to deliberate shut downs of business and produc to keep limited supply. Their is bein done on purpose. It gets me mad but no worries, God is the supplier of all things even the things they rob from us and store for their ungodly purposes. Matthew chapter 6. That’s all we need to rely on.
The selection of products have certainly decreased.

myeyeisonthesparrow

Prices have been going up since the pandemic began, and I suppose they will continue to up with the demoncrats in office. Luckily, I only cook for my husband and myself and I try to buy things on sale or use a coupon. Gas is about $2.15 but I suppose that will increase too. My husband and I are also handy with home repair and building projects so that is a plus.

$2 15 is good here in Florida it is at $2:35 a gallon; as of yesterday but I also expect that too rise

savedatcamp

I have noticed that as well. Especially Basmati rice and Spam. We started stocking up in Feb of 2020. Felt something was up. Gas here in middle Tennessee is about $2.19. Expect it to go up bigly with the executive order to shut down pipeline. We are retired now but those who work and are trying to feed their families plus pay bills are going have a rough time. We are thankful to be in Tennessee now. Cost of living is low compared to Indianapolis.

ChildofLight

Just wait til Bumbling Biden raises minimum pay to $15 an hour.
I've prepared best I know how. Are there any suggestions?
Yep. My brother and I ate earlier this month at our favorite cafe and Tex Mex. I told him this will probably be the last time except for special occasions as it will all go up with the minimum wage increase. We know it’s coming.

Back