Prices Already Rising

TimeWarpWife

In less than a week, the pack of bacon I purchased last week increased in price by 40 cents. Since May, the price has increased by $2.40 a pack. :faint2 It was always a bit more expensive than regular bacon, but it was so tasty that I was willing to pay a little more for it as a treat every now and then. Now, I can't afford it anymore.

pixelpusher

I got a 12 oz pack of bacon last night - on sale - for only $7.99. Almost passed it up, but I wanted a BLT. It’s getting crazy tho. $25 or so for two thin ribeyes. The price of tomatoes makes me really regret not planting some this spring. We’ll definitely be having a garden patch again next summer if we can afford seeds and dirt by then.

ChildofLight

I got a 12 oz pack of bacon last night - on sale - for only $7.99. Almost passed it up, but I wanted a BLT. It’s getting crazy tho. $25 or so for two thin ribeyes. The price of tomatoes makes me really regret not planting some this spring. We’ll definitely be having a garden patch again next summer if we can afford seeds and dirt by then.
And nothing better than a real tomatoe. The ones in the store have no taste whatsoever.

Footsteps

What do you mean "acts"? I'm pretty sure diben has no clue where he's at. Most of the time they probably keep him in the basement of the White House and bring him up when they need to show his face for whatever reason...
Yes, if he is acting brain damaged, he should get five Oscars and a Lifetime Nonachievement Award. His recent town hall appearance with Don Lemon was the most demented performance ever.

Batman

Pork products seem to be about 50% higher over the last 6 months, and beef... cuts range from anywhere around 50% to 200% higher over the last 6 months.

I guess one way to turn us all into grass eaters (no offense meant, @Ghoti Ichthus, is to price us out of the meat market...
During my fairly long-term job hunting there was 1 massive Missouri pork producer that only recently told me they were VERY busy but having lots of trouble keeping up due to 30% or more missing workers and there was no end in sight b/c no one around here wanted a job. I don't think that's necessarily anything relational to higher prices but it is another big concern going on all over the country and likely overseas. What a mess.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Pork products seem to be about 50% higher over the last 6 months, and beef... cuts range from anywhere around 50% to 200% higher over the last 6 months.

I guess one way to turn us all into grass eaters (no offense meant, @Ghoti Ichthus, is to price us out of the meat market...

Pork used to regularly go on sale, so even without raising "regular" prices, the cost has gone up :frown

Ditto, grass-fed lamb :frown

Work4Peanuts

I like being just a Well-Known Member
During my fairly long-term job hunting there was 1 massive Missouri pork producer that only recently told me they were VERY busy but having lots of trouble keeping up due to 30% or more missing workers and there was no end in sight b/c no one around here wanted a job. I don't think that's necessarily anything relational to higher prices but it is another big concern going on all over the country and likely overseas. What a mess.
Just think what the rapture would do to producers if it happened soon. I'm betting that Christians have disproportionately held their jobs during this time in greater numbers than the unsaved. It all feels like a house of cards waiting for that final "puff" to make it collapse.

Footsteps

Yes, if he is acting brain damaged, he should get five Oscars and a Lifetime Nonachievement Award. His recent town hall appearance with Don Lemon was the most demented performance ever.
I began wondering whether historically a more poorly delivered line had been filmed. It took a while but I found a 1922 vampire film named Nosferatu. Max Schreck played the vampire. His thoughts were slightly more inscrutable than Joe's, given that it was a silent movie. The only other connection relates to blood sucking, but I don't want to discuss taxes, having just run out of antidepressants.

ChildofLight

Today my brother and I went riding. We stopped at Dairy Queen thinking of getting chili dogs. They don’t have “dogs” anymore. :( Therefore we got 4 piece steak finger basket with fries and drink. For the 2 of us it came to almost $20. It was $8.99 each. For that price we could have gone to a nice restaurant and got much better food. Won’t be stopping there anymore.

iwilltrustintheLord

My second cousin said he priced some cedar boards and plywood. He asked a friend about working on a balcony repair and when got the quote he was shocked. The cedar DOUBLED IN PRICE as well as plywood in 1 weeks time.
Meanwhile I’m writing down each individual food purchase price to check on difference coming up down the road.
gas prices here in idaho getting closer to 4.00 a gal. 3.83 at a walmart. that's aweful. 2.43 during trump's admin.

RaptureReady

Dancing with my Father God in Fields of Grace
I paid $4.00/gal for gas this morning in Denver. Food prices here are getting ridiculous. Chicken used to be the cheapest meat and now is as bad as beef and pork. I'm going to be canning a lot of fruits and veggies in the next couple of weeks and we're stocking up on meats and canned goods before it's too bad.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Everything is up. BBQ sauce $1 a bottle, applesauce, 20 cents a jar, chicken broth 20 cents a box, etc. The produce, ai-yai-yai-yai-yai! and the quality and availability are way down. I wonder if the produce issues are related to the fires and delays in transport.

Well, everything except bananas. The local chain is selling the first pound free (no minimum purchase, but only one pound free per day) . This happened last year, too. Think I might make and freeze some banana bread :smile