Prices Already Rising

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
A supposed lack of shipping containers, what a joke! There are numerous places around here that sell surplus or used shipping containers.

Just like the alleged Oil Shortage in the 70’s, I lived near a busy port. Once you got to the beach you could see supertankers anchored offshore for miles, they weren’t letting them in the port. That whole OPEC, Jimmy Carter debacle was created.

Just like this false lumber shortage, container shortage, steel shortage, food shortage, etc.... Its a complete manufactured crisis to manipulate the masses and economy.

Oh yeah and gas is getting real close to $3.00 a gallon here already.

$2.79 a gallon here :frown

TimeWarpWife

Walmart as well as chewy.com has been running out of the cat foods I buy (Fancy Feast) and treats (Temptations). I've heard people, especially seniors, are now hoarding cat food...is that true?

I don't know if it's true now, but back in the 70s I remember hearing about food prices going so high that some seniors actually were eating cat and dog food. There was even an episode of Good Times that dealt with the issue. The Evans family invited an elderly neighbor for dinner because they'd heard she was buying dog food to eat instead of meat and she brings along a meatloaf to share with them. Naturally, nobody wants to eat it because they think it's made from dog food and hilarity ensues as they try to avoid eating the meatloaf, but not hurting the lady's feelings. In the end the neighbor admits she does sometimes eat dog food because it's less expensive than meat, but her meatloaf was actually made from real hamburger.

alisani

I don't know if it's true now, but back in the 70s I remember hearing about food prices going so high that some seniors actually were eating cat and dog food. There was even an episode of Good Times that dealt with the issue. The Evans family invited an elderly neighbor for dinner because they'd heard she was buying dog food to eat instead of meat and she brings along a meatloaf to share with them. Naturally, nobody wants to eat it because they think it's made from dog food and hilarity ensues as they try to avoid eating the meatloaf, but not hurting the lady's feelings. In the end the neighbor admits she does sometimes eat dog food because it's less expensive than meat, but her meatloaf was actually made from real hamburger.
That breaks my heart

alisani

Churches will need to use their land holdings to plant vegetable gardens to help feed many in the churches and surrounding communities who cannot afford to buy it. Some churches went to storing grain and canned goods a few years ago.
It's a good idea. Some churches here have food banks but fewer than 10 years ago as they rely on donations and generally don't have large membership rolls.

Ghoti Ichthus

Lemons went up 30 cents. That's 30 percent :eek

One of the supplements that I take went up $10. That's about a third. Unfortunately, it's not one I can do without, as I can't take any of the prescription meds for blood pressure.

I hope everything doesn't go up 30 plus percent :eek :furious :rant :mad :cry

:pray :pray :amen :amen

TimeWarpWife

Lemons went up 30 cents. That's 30 percent :eek

One of the supplements that I take went up $10. That's about a third. Unfortunately, it's not one I can do without, as I can't take any of the prescription meds for blood pressure.

I hope everything doesn't go up 30 plus percent :eek :furious :rant :mad :cry

:pray :pray :amen :amen

I used to love drinking homemade lemonade made with fresh lemons, but the price of lemons has skyrocketed, so now I either use bottled lemon juice or settle for Kool-Aid lemonade packets. :sad The price of one lemon at the local store I go to is .79, a 32 oz. bag costs $4.49 or $7.49 for a 2 lb. bag of organic lemons. :shocked I go grocery shopping about once a week, but every week I find the price for something I buy on a regular basis has gone up. When I placed an order for paper towels at Costco online yesterday, I was shocked to see the price has gone up $4 since I ordered them about 2 months ago. If the prices keep going up and the hyperinflation that some economists have predicted has already started, at some point soon only millionaires and billionaires will be able to afford food. I completely understand the Bible's prediction of paying a day's wages for a loaf of bread (paraphrasing) when I see the way food prices are increasing exponentially.

Last edited:

Lepter

$2 15 is good here in Florida it is at $2:35 a gallon; as of yesterday but I also expect that too rise
Your so lucky in the us.
On the basis that 1 us gallon is equivalent to 3.75 UK liters, 1 liter costs here costs about £1.30 (depending on the garage. Some charge more) so 3.75 liters will cost about £4.50.

That equates to about $6.50 per gallon

Your gas is cheap......

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Unless I missed it, neither TT nor Andy C has supplied us with the ultimate tp conservation method: The military one-piece per toilet visit procedure. I would detail it myself, but I can't remember the exact manual language.

1) Remove one sheet of standard issue toilet paper from roll.

2) Fold once and fold again in the opposite direction of the first fold.

3) Carefully tear off an inside corner of folded sheet. The piece torn off should be just the diameter of your most useful finger on your left hand.

4) Save the little torn off piece.

5) When you're done with your business, run finger through the hole that should be in the middle of the now unfolded sheet.

6) Wipe with finger. Be thorough as you only have one shot at it.

7) Pull sheet over end of finger, theoretically removing any "debris" from finger. Toss used sheet in toilet. Use the little cut out piece for any additional needed cleanup of finger.

8) Flush and leave the space nice and tidy for the next person. Your daily allotment of sheets has been used. If you have an, um, emergency arise or befall you before the next day, there's always leaves.

9) Whether or not you are a hand washer, please wash your hands at least once a day immediately after following the above procedure.

alisani

3) Carefully tear off an inside corner of folded sheet. The piece torn off should be just the diameter of your most useful finger on your left hand.

5) When you're done with your business, run finger through the hole that should be in the middle of the now unfolded sheet.

7) Pull sheet over end of finger, theoretically removing any "debris" from finger. Toss used sheet in toilet. Use the little cut out piece for any additional needed cleanup of finger.

8) Flush and leave the space nice and tidy for the next person. Your daily allotment of sheets has been used. If you have an, um, emergency arise or befall you before the next day, there's always leaves.

9) Whether or not you are a hand washer, please wash your hands at least once a day immediately after following the above procedure.
Or you can save up political junk ads that start arriving 6 months before any election season and not only have plenty of tp but derive a decidedly uncharitable pleasure in wiping your rear with the face of your least favorite politicians front and center.

Wings Like Eagles

Now, THAT is gross! :ni

Ghoti Ichthus

This is a tour-de-force from an elite military retiree who received several medals which included good conduct/upgrading PC (Public Commode) language. This information could have saved several clandestine meetings for those who acquired overpriced items from Mr. Whipple.
I know this was a special ops man because there was no need to describe the difference between poke salad leaves and poison oak leaves in his advanced manual.
Doesn't matter if one isn't allergic to poison ivy :biggrin

Back