President of Haiti Assassinated

Moses06

I'm honestly a bit surprised Pelosi and what she would or wouldn't do are up for debate. The left is advocating for abortion up to the day of delivery. They're advocating for the murder of a fully developed child, seconds from birth and even post birth. Not only would Pelosi have someone killed, she OBVIOUSLY would have someone killed.

Andy C

Tom Clancy always said that his novels were reflective of the reality presented by the experts that he consulted about power and those who wielded it. The Haitian president wasn't the first assassination of someone who was speaking ill of certain people in Washington.
I agree with the assassination plot, just not the off topic point made by a few that Pelosi is a contract killer, or is conspiring to have a fellow Dems killed. These points IMO make this forum look like Alex Jones site vice a Christian site.

Wings Like Eagles

I agree with the assassination plot, just not the off topic point made by a few that Pelosi is a contract killer, or is conspiring to have a fellow Dems killed. These points IMO make this forum look like Alex Jones site vice a Christian site.
While I agree that it is important to avoid (so far) unprovable accusations, there is a lot of credible information about the corruption of MANY long-term Dems (and some Republicans) for those who would look for it. There are locales which ALWAYS vote for the Dem in power. It leads to Dems who are basically immune to any serious challenge. Pelosi represents such a district--to the point where the R's don't even bother to field a candidate in her district. That kind of power is absolutely bound to foster corruption. Power over others is addictive for those who seek it and hold it.

greg64

Agree completely. It's a safe assumption that many in power are corrupted, possibly to the degree many speculate. But... does unprovable speculation really serve the cause of Christ? What would He have us do? And what if it's not true...

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
Latest update from my missionary friends: The border to the Dominican Republic has been opened, and all is calm in Haiti. They are optimistic for the future of Haiti.

Wings Like Eagles

Latest update from my missionary friends: The border to the Dominican Republic has been opened, and all is calm in Haiti. They are optimistic for the future of Haiti.
In addition to gold mining, there is the matter of "black gold" in Haiti (along the lines of Venezuela).