Pre-owned caskets?

Footsteps

I wonder whether a grieving family unable to afford a new casket during the tribulation could use an empty casket vacated by the original owner when the Rapture shout occurred. Even if the first occupant did not include land in his will, a pre-purchased grave plot is real estate commonly sold on the open market if unused.
If an order of exhumation was issued, the funeral home would be in a difficult position from a legal standpoint, becoming open to an accusation that they mishandled the burial. This could lead to a deep discount (about six feet) for many experiencing hard economic times.
This procedure would also “unearth” a great witnessing opportunity.

ChildofLight

I wonder whether a grieving family unable to afford a new casket during the tribulation could use an empty casket vacated by the original owner when the Rapture shout occurred. Even if the first occupant did not include land in his will, a pre-purchased grave plot is real estate commonly sold on the open market if unused.
If an order of exhumation was issued, the funeral home would be in a difficult position from a legal standpoint, becoming open to an accusation that they mishandled the burial. This could lead to a deep discount (about six feet) for many experiencing hard economic times.
This procedure would also “unearth” a great witnessing opportunity.
I hear composting is all the rage now.

Footsteps

I hear composting is all the rage now.
Ashes to ashes.
Dust to dust.
To compost thou shalt return…

If you want to learn how the funeral industry abuses were based on lobbying for legislation that made it illegal for a family to bury its own deceased on its own property, read The American Way of Death by Jessica Mitford. Tactics for steering the bereaved to the casket most likely to make the most profitable sale were borrowed from the used car industry.