Pre-historic human teeth discovered in Western Galilee cave

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Pre-historic human teeth discovered in Western Galilee cave
There goes the neighborhood: sinking teeth into Aurignacian culture
By HEDDY BREUER ABRAMOWITZ
November 5, 2019

From the depths of Manot Cave in the Western Galilee, new light is being shed on the development of pre-historic humans through an archeological find of six human teeth discovered there. This study is “ground-breaking” said Prof. Israel Hershkowitz, head of the Tel Aviv University’s Dan David Center for Human Evolution and Bio-History Research. A team from Tel Aviv University, the Israel Antiquities Authority, Ben-Gurion University and others are advancing what is known about a significant era in this region’s history.

Aurignacian culture, having arisen in Europe during the early Upper Paleolithic period some 43,000 years ago, is known for its cultural sophistication. Named after the Cave of Aurignac – the type site in southwestern France from where these earliest known West Eurasian modern humans are identified – they were capable of producing bone tools, artifacts, jewelry, musical instruments and cave paintings.

Perhaps you could say they were the vanguard of their day: into the arts, in a world of less-developed beings – like their neighbors, the Neanderthals. For many years, researchers thought that modern man’s entry into Europe resulted in the quick decline of Neanderthals, theorizing that dissimilarities between modern humans and their less-sophisticated neighbors led to physical conflict and competition over food sources. But newer studies lean toward the assimilation of Neanderthals into modern human migrations to account for their vanishing from Europe. This study lends support to that revised theory.

By examining the six teeth with state-of-the-art dental technology, Dr. Racheli Sarig, of TAU’s School of Dental Medicine and the Dan David Center, in collaboration with Dr. Omry Barzilai of the Israel Antiquities Authority and colleagues in Austria and the US, have shown that Aurignacians arrived from Europe to what is now Israel some 40,000 years ago. They were comprised both of Neanderthals and Homo sapiens, an unexpected finding diverging from earlier theories.

"Unlike bones, teeth are preserved well as they are made of enamel, which is the substance in the human body most resistant to the effects of time," Sarig explains. Using micro-CT scans and 3D analyses on four of the teeth, the researchers were surprised to discover that two teeth were typical for Homo sapiens, a third shows features characteristic of Neanderthals and the last shows a combination of Neanderthal and Homo sapiens features. A study based on the new findings was published in the Journal of Human Evolution.

Until now, this mix of Neanderthals and human features has only been found in European populations from the early Upper Paleolithic period, suggesting their common origin. Hershkowitz adds that, "To date, we have not found any human remains from this period in Israel, so the group remains a mystery. “ This study, "for the first time, brings out the story of the population responsible for some of the world's most important cultural contributions," he said. Very briefly, “a new culture existed in our region for a short time – approximately 2,000-3,000 years – and then disappeared, for no apparent reason,” adds Sarig. “Now, we know something about their makeup.”

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Teeth-40000-years-old-surprise-TAU-team-606949

TheRedeemed

Where do these people come up with this? This kind of thing grieves me, and it confuses young people who have been taught the truth. Arrg!!!

By circular reference of course!

If they’re found in this layer or that layer, they must be 43,000 years old because something else found in that layer elsewhere was dated as 43,000 years old.

They don’t use proper science to determine what they find nor where they found it.

Every dating tool they use is flawed as it’s all based on life being billions of years old, they don’t factor in there’s a God, and that He made a mature Earth, with adult versions of every creature so that they could each reproduce after their kind.

Take Adam as an example, imagine that God also created a physician at the same time as Adam and asked him to take Adam away and examine him and report back his findings.

That report would state that Adam was a specimen of adult human male in perfect form and health and aged around 22-23 years old.

So how far out would 10 minutes within being created be to 23 years as a percentage? The resultant sum would be in the millions of percent wrong.

That is the case for every dating formula they use today, they’re millions of percent, and millions of years out for every one of them.

athenasius

I'm holding out for the discovery of the prehistoric tooth fairy, also millions of years old. Her wings are a bit scrunched, and she's holding onto a slightly weathered looking coin made of silver. We KNOW she existed because of these amazing prehistoric teeth we keep finding. I'm sure of it because somebody found a fragment of her wings once, in one of these teeth infested caves, and radio carbon dating of the cave told us how old it was or was it the layer of rock that the wing fragment was in. Anyhoo by the same reasoning process that we use with all these teeth and any nearby bone fragments we KNOW there's a tooth fairy in there somewhere! And we KNOW she's millions of years old.

Wings Like Eagles

43,000 years ago...
Really?
No, not really.
Yes--one of the problems for evolutionists is that they don't seem able to count. :D

Seriously, their dating of artifacts is compromised by their misguided thinking. The whole subject of dating is quite controversial. There are many ways to refute long dates, and without long dates, the entire structure of evolution collapses.

katt

A mixture of neanderthal and human..hummm..what does it say in Genesis about the sons of God and human women?...can't find the thinking emoji..

Wings Like Eagles

A mixture of neanderthal and human..hummm..what does it say in Genesis about the sons of God and human women?...can't find the thinking emoji..
I have little to go on but, I'm wondering if Satan and his rebellious evil angels didn't take mostly human DNA and then mix it with chimpanzee DNA to "create" Neanderthal (Neanderthal had a very pronounced brow ridge bone, like chimps do today). Then, when Neanderthal intermarried with human women, it contaminated the human genome--making it appear that we "share a common ancestor with apes" and also fostering giantism at the same time. Especially interesting is the recent finding that Neanderthal DNA is not transmitted from father to son through the Y chromosome, but, instead comes through the mitochondrial DNA via the female X chromosome.

katt

I have little to go on but, I'm wondering if Satan and his rebellious evil angels didn't take mostly human DNA and then mix it with chimpanzee DNA to "create" Neanderthal (Neanderthal had a very pronounced brow ridge bone, like chimps do today). Then, when Neanderthal intermarried with human women, it contaminated the human genome--making it appear that we "share a common ancestor with apes" and also fostering giantism at the same time. Especially interesting is the recent finding that Neanderthal DNA is not transmitted from father to son through the Y chromosome, but, instead comes through the mitochondrial DNA via the female X chromosome.
Now there's an idea I never thought of, they were mixing all the gene pools in those days, just like now they're mixing human genes with rats, mice and such...however..the pronounced foreheads are also a sign of long life in humans as the human forehead bone never stops growing, is one of the reasons our eyes seem to sink in as we age...so, when they find a real human skeleton head with the protruding forehead..they have found a very old human, of course the secular scientist are going to shout..we came from apes, we came from apes..they just refuse to believe The Bible..

Kerbluey

Now there's an idea I never thought of, they were mixing all the gene pools in those days, just like now they're mixing human genes with rats, mice and such...however..the pronounced foreheads are also a sign of long life in humans as the human forehead bone never stops growing, is one of the reasons our eyes seem to sink in as we age...so, when they find a real human skeleton head with the protruding forehead..they have found a very old human, of course the secular scientist are going to shout..we came from apes, we came from apes..they just refuse to believe The Bible..

That’s so interesting. I didn’t know that about the forehead.

Years ago I was at the beach and a man walked by that looked quite Neanderthal. He was very stocky and squat. Not fat at all. If you outlined his body it would be square almost. His head was sitting a bit forward, almost jutting. He had a very pronounced forehead and was extremely hairy. Yet he still looked normal. He certainly wouldn’t stand out in a crowd until they were all tall, lean blondes.

Cloud Watcher

That’s so interesting. I didn’t know that about the forehead.

Years ago I was at the beach and a man walked by that looked quite Neanderthal. He was very stocky and squat. Not fat at all. If you outlined his body it would be square almost. His head was sitting a bit forward, almost jutting. He had a very pronounced forehead and was extremely hairy. Yet he still looked normal. He certainly wouldn’t stand out in a crowd until they were all tall, lean blondes.

On the 23andme genealogy test they list the percentage neanderthal.

Back