Praying for God to back the Honeybee.

seated with Christ

I have been praying for God to restore, to bring back, the Honey Bees in my area. Back when I was cutting the grass I would leave the clover in the yard uncut for the Bees.

The Bees have vanished, they are non existent. A Bee keeper near me abandoned his hive boxes and he put his property on the market.

It’s not just the Honey Bees, I haven’t seen a Stink Bug since I was a kid, Dragon Fly are AWOL too (saw two last year), I said, It’s good to see you. I don’ see Bumblebees either.

Man is killing off creation. I heard that when the Honeybee goes so will Man. We are so dependent on the Bees to pollinate so much plants and trees.

ChildofLight

We have plenty of bees here in Central Texas. Some people are having backyard hives in some of the small towns. Others are putting hives on people’s property probably with some type of agreement or exchange. My garden is was surrounded rosemary bushes but the freeze seems to have killed most of them. They were always full of bees when they bloomed which was a lot. We also have some wild bees that live in dead trees. They seem to move often.
The bees and other insects have made a comeback with less spraying of poisons on the crops. Less spraying due to the rising cost quite a few years back. I like seeing more of the fireflies as they were almost totally gone.

Leigh

Oh no, so sorry to hear that about the honeybees in your area!

I've noticed some bees buzzing around our blueberry bushes recently. We don't do much with our back yard except mow the lawn, so I think we might have some clover back there. (My 80 year old mother has never been able to walk by a patch of clover without stopping to find every 4-leaf in there!)

We still have some fireflies (I call them lightning bugs), but now that you mention it, not as many as we used to see.

athenasius

Honeybees are non existent in my yard. :bee
I omitted “bring”, bring back the Honeybees in the title
Ronnie you might ask a local beekeeper to put a hive in your yard. We had a neighbour fellow who kept bees, and he was very interesting. He told us about the different types of bees. We didn't spray anything in our yard and most neighbours didn't either, so it was bee safe. Bees like certain flowers better than others, can't remember off the top of my head, but you could plant those too.

seated with Christ

Ronnie you might ask a local beekeeper to put a hive in your yard. We had a neighbour fellow who kept bees, and he was very interesting. He told us about the different types of bees. We didn't spray anything in our yard and most neighbours didn't either, so it was bee safe. Bees like certain flowers better than others, can't remember off the top of my head, but you could plant those too.
The only keeper I knew closed his honey business when he lost his bee population. He abandoned his hive boxes.

TimeWarpWife

Our neck of the woods seems to have an overabundance of stinkbugs, even the news was reporting about it last summer. I don't know if they're seasonal bugs or not, but we even found a couple in our house over this past winter and don't have clue how they're getting in because all of the windows and doors have been shut.

seated with Christ

Our neck of the woods seems to have an overabundance of stinkbugs, even the news was reporting about it last summer. I don't know if they're seasonal bugs or not, but we even found a couple in our house over this past winter and don't have clue how they're getting in because all of the windows and doors have been shut.
Like I said, I haven’t seen a stink bug since I was a teenager.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Speaking of Yellow Jackets, I was working at a Paint & Body Shop and I had a orange soda drink in the shop fridge.

I went for a sip and I got what I thought was some ice sludge so I held it in my mouth, it wasn’t ice sludge. That Yellow Jacket envenomated me on the inside of my tender mouth.

Yellow Jackets do like their soda pop!

When I was a kid I would take my leather belt off spit on a spot and make the bee sting it, it would pull the stinger out, It would soon die. I wouldn’t do that now.

I used to flick bees for fun. It didn't hurt them. For a kid (me), it was fun to watch them get tossed through the air until they regained their equilibrium. I got stung now and then but the stings didn't bother me much.

Here in Alaska I've been attacked by wasps numerous times. The most memorable time was when I was standing on the front porch roof with a paint can in one hand and a paint brush in the other. A wasp started stinging me in the face (ouch, ouch, ouch)! I somehow managed to climb down the ladder without losing a drop of paint. When I went back up the ladder the next morning it was with a can of wasp spray.

Last edited: