Prayer Warrior

ChildofLight

What makes a Prayer Warrior?
Is it a gift?
Is it something worked towards?
Does it come in a season of life?

I would love to be a Prayer Warrior but-
I’m not eloquent with words. My thoughts are rather jumbled as I’m not sure how to phrase a prayer regarding certain circumstances. Does one keep a journal to know what to pray for who? My memory has never been the best regarding names and faces. My thoughts also has tendency to wander. What about when time is limited as one is stretched with responsibilities that are demanding?

Your thoughts and experiences are appreciated.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
Is it a gift?

I’m not eloquent with words. My thoughts are rather jumbled as I’m not sure how to phrase a prayer regarding certain circumstances. Does one keep a journal to know what to pray for who? My memory has never been the best regarding names and faces. My thoughts also has tendency to wander. What about when time is limited as one is stretched with responsibilities that are demanding?

From my understanding, a prayer warrior is basically someone that dedicates a lot of time to prayer , you don't have to say any fancy words or anything like that, just speak normally and from the heart.

Remember Jesus making an example of the Pharisees saying how they make big and long fanciful prayers and then stated that he is more concerned about the sincerity of prayer and then made reference to a another sinner that said a simple prayer and wouldn't even look to the sky for he was that remorseful for his sins and stated that the 2nd man was the one that was more justified in his eyes.

Work4Peanuts

I like being just a Well-Known Member
Is it a gift?

I think we're all called to be prayer warriors. The Bible tells us to pray without ceasing, and there's nowhere that lists "praying" as one of the spiritual gifts. We might not all be prophets or teachers, but we are all expected to pray, and the Holy Spirit helps us. I know that I need my daily time spent in the Word and praying. It keeps me focused on what is important and helps keep me from falling.

I'm not eloquent when I pray- I just try to be honest. I've kept prayer journals before, so that I can remember what I need to mention. Some people write down in their journals when the prayer was answered and how.

Lovin Jesus

being a prayer warrior only needs to pray on a regular basis, as Paul says
"pray continually"
1 Thessalonians 5:17

As noted in a post above, prayers shouldn't be long drawn out prayers with big words, as Jesus makes clear

"And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words."
Matthew 6:7

We should be praying daily about everything

"do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."
Philippians 4:6

A child is not as versed or articulate as an adult but God hears and answers the prayers of a child. Example of Ishmael after being sent away with Hagar and he became overheated and was dying and he cried out to God

"Early the next morning Abraham took some food and a skin of water and gave them to Hagar. He set them on her shoulders and then sent her off with the boy. She went on her way and wandered in the Desert of Beersheba.
15 When the water in the skin was gone, she put the boy under one of the bushes. 16 Then she went off and sat down about a bowshot away, for she thought, “I cannot watch the boy die.” And as she sat there, she[c] began to sob.

17 God heard the boy crying, and the angel of God called to Hagar from heaven and said to her, “What is the matter, Hagar? Do not be afraid; God has heard the boy crying as he lies there. 18 Lift the boy up and take him by the hand, for I will make him into a great nation.”
Genesis 21:14-18

While this scripture passage isn't an example of a prayer warrior, I used it to show that that prayer isn't about the length of our prayers or how extravagant our words are. Even a child's prayer is heard and when we pray even if only like a child but on a regular basis and with heart, then we are prayer warriors.

Right now we are in a spiritual battle and by praying with our brothers and sisters we form an effective great alliance against the one who brings all of our sorrows, so, with our united prayers it is a force that can thwart those flaming arrow.

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
Ephesians 6:10-16