Prayer Section

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
No, we don't have a way to do that with the system. That functionality is not built into the software that I know of. I'm sorry about that.

However, when you view a thread and its posts, the last post you read is marked by the system and you are automatically taken to the first unread post that you have not seen so that you can start from where you left off when you left the thread.

I hope that helps some. :scratch

cheeky200386

Chris, would it be possible for a mark or highlighter to show when the OP makes an update on their prayer thread? Otherwise they get lost beneath a mountain of prayer emoji posts - which is why I’ve resisted using them.
Too bad because that would be awesome. Like if the most recent update could be highlighted right to the top of every page.

Andy C

Chris, would it be possible for a mark or highlighter to show when the OP makes an update on their prayer thread? Otherwise they get lost beneath a mountain of prayer emoji posts - which is why I’ve resisted using them.
What I do is look at the OP members posting history, then look through their messages and find the most recent entry on their own prayer thread. I found this way is faster than looking back page after page to find their latest update on their prayer thread.

GoldenEagle

What I do is look at the OP members posting history, then look through their messages and find the most recent entry on their own prayer thread. I found this way is faster than looking back page after page to find their latest update on their prayer thread.
I don’t mind going through all the messages because I pray for the person as I do. But then that’s the only section I really spend time in and what I feel called to do.

My worry is that others who have less time would happily pray more if they could easily access the latest updates. A while ago when the prayer threads were quieter this was much easier to do. But on the other hand, I think people feel more supported when they can see visually that they’re being prayed for - I know it means a lot to me.