Prayer section

GoldenEagle

This is just an idea - not sure how or if it would even work...and I’m struggling to think straight right now,
But, would it be possible to have a synopsis/ bullet point list of what’s going on to pray for...I want to try and get more involved with the prayer section, but for me at least, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the number of threads, and then to go through all the posts to get to the key information. Whereas if there was like a news bulletin at the beginning or end, when there is little time or limited brain capacity for wading through information - just that could be read and effective prayers prayed.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Well, whoever starts the prayer thread would need to do that I guess. I don't know. :scratch

I do not have time to do that and I doubt Adrian does either.

Perhaps people can say what they are praying for when they throw up a praying emoji so that it can help others know what to pray for as well?? :idunno :scratch

I know it is hard to figure out what is going in long threads. I typically read the OP and catch the last page or two to see what the current situation is. I already run out of time every day after working all day and then posting articles and news the rest of the night. I wish I could, but I just don't have time as it is. Maybe someone will read this and offer to help? :idunno

But I'm sure others including myself have had this problem before. :sad

athenasius

I have a hard time keeping up in there. I pop in but it's a time consuming task. When I comment in, I do sometimes do a quote from a few pages back to help people like me stay current.

I need to do that more, Chris you are right. If we do an update quote for the sake of others in the threads we keep up with.

I try to hit the like button a lot, to encourage people so they know they are heard.

I tend to try to stay focused on a few needs. I know there are prayer warriors in there who get thru everything, but I am not able. I try to get to a few that I pray for regularly, keep an eye out for new ones that are urgent or overlooked but I miss a LOT. I post and comment in many other areas that pull me in as well, and I try not to have my head in our computer for too long neglecting George or my own chores etc.

it's a balancing act Golden Eagle. If I'm in there too much, I'm neglecting other areas that I like to post in on too. If I'm in current affairs and news sort of stuff too much, I'm not realizing that Chaser is having serious pain, someone is struggling with a death in the family or you are dealing with a serious threat to your daughter's life and that of her boyfriend. Thanking the Lord I saw your thread and will be praying for them both.

GoldenEagle

Well, whoever starts the prayer thread would need to do that I guess. I don't know.

I do not have time to do that and I doubt Adrian does either.

Perhaps people can say what they are praying for when they throw up a praying emoji so that it can help others know what to pray for as well??

I know it is hard to figure out what is going in long threads. I typically read the OP and catch the last page or two to see what the current situation is. I already run out of time every day after working all day and then posting articles and news the rest of the night. I wish I could, but I just don't have time as it is. Maybe someone will read this and offer to help?

But I'm sure others including myself have had this problem before.
I absolutely don’t want to add to your or Adrian’s workload - I know you both work tirelessly already. The last thing either of you need is the creation of new jobs to do!!
I shall pray about this - maybe God will give us a brainwave of a simple, smart solution.

GoldenEagle

I have a hard time keeping up in there. I pop in but it's a time consuming task. When I comment in, I do sometimes do a quote from a few pages back to help people like me stay current.

I need to do that more, Chris you are right. If we do an update quote for the sake of others in the threads we keep up with.

I try to hit the like button a lot, to encourage people so they know they are heard.

I tend to try to stay focused on a few needs. I know there are prayer warriors in there who get thru everything, but I am not able. I try to get to a few that I pray for regularly, keep an eye out for new ones that are urgent or overlooked but I miss a LOT. I post and comment in many other areas that pull me in as well, and I try not to have my head in our computer for too long neglecting George or my own chores etc.

it's a balancing act Golden Eagle. If I'm in there too much, I'm neglecting other areas that I like to post in on too. If I'm in current affairs and news sort of stuff too much, I'm not realizing that Chaser is having serious pain, someone is struggling with a death in the family or you are dealing with a serious threat to your daughter's life and that of her boyfriend. Thanking the Lord I saw your thread and will be praying for them both.
Despite my avatar...I’m really rubbish at balancing anything!!
Generally I react to overwhelm by shutting down...I think I need to find a more systematic approach to reading threads - not just the prayer ones. I might keep get a notebook and write the names of people needing prayer in that so it’s in front of me. I don’t have much to add on all the other threads but I can pray. And I hate to think anyone thinks I’m ignoring them or not listening...which it looks like if you react to one persons prayer thread and not another.

Andy C

This is just an idea - not sure how or if it would even work...and I’m struggling to think straight right now,
But, would it be possible to have a synopsis/ bullet point list of what’s going on to pray for...I want to try and get more involved with the prayer section, but for me at least, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the number of threads, and then to go through all the posts to get to the key information. Whereas if there was like a news bulletin at the beginning or end, when there is little time or limited brain capacity for wading through information - just that could be read and effective prayers prayed.
Some prayer threads are updated a few times each week by the originator, others not so much. There are members who post a prayer request that seldom update, but most do occasionally post some updated info. If Im getting ready to post on the prayer request thread, and its well over 50 pages long or even more, it can be time consuming searching back through all the pages looking for an update. In this case, what I do is click on the name of the originator, go into their profile, and look at their latest posts, and in many cases, you will easily find their most recent post on their prayer thread, and then click on that post to read what they posted, and respond accordingly. This can also be time consuming, but I really only use this technique when there is no apparent recent update.

GoldenEagle

How about a daily prayer thread for everyone to post in for any immediate needs? One thread per day wouldnt be too long hopefully and then anyone can still post their own prayer thread for more concerning or on going issues?
Actually @Andy C has started something along these lines. It’s not one thread per day, but can be used the way you said.
I was going to say great minds think alike but I’m still a little traumatised by @Andy C ’s avatar from yesterday - if you missed it it was probably for the best...!

Amity

Actually @Andy C has started something along these lines. It’s not one thread per day, but can be used the way you said.
I was going to say great minds think alike but I’m still a little traumatised by @Andy C ’s avatar from yesterday - if you missed it it was probably for the best...!

Lol, I saw that, thank you! Was planning to post later. I missed the avatar, darn!