Prayer for marriage

RestInHim

my thanks to everyone for the ptlrayers and the love & support! It means a lot. I feel fragile right now and fully dependent on God there’s worse places to be. ❤️ But I’m sad so I’m trying to not get depressed but that’s hard. ❤️

I know how much this is all gut wrenching, causing you so much heartache and pain, anxiety and fear. I've been there and it is a battle everyday to make sure I do not allow myself to drift into these kinds of thoughts and emotions due to difficulties in marriage/relationships and health issues. It doesn't mean it doesn't happen, the past couple of months have been difficult and honestly it's been difficult for years and decades. But, God is and will be faithful to mature us in our faith. He is patient, loving and gentle and will allow trials and tribulations to grow our faith and we will be perfected/glorified when we are taken home to be with Him. Until then, He wants us to continually grow. (1 Thess. 4: 3)

Through all these times, God has always brought me through and it is because of Him that I have grown in my faith and knowing that this life I am living is not for my happiness but for me to grow in holiness and to love Him with ALL my heart, ALL my soul and ALL my mind. Do I still have a lot of growing up spiritually to do? Yes. But, I know that He will continue to do the work in me that is needed because He loves me and He will do the same for all His children. (Phil. 1: 6)

I read something about suffering that was said to Joni Tada Eareckson once. "God permits what he hates to accomplish what he loves".

(2 Cor. 4: 17-18)
" For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal."

I have been married now for 26 years and with DH for 32, I accepted God's free gift of salvation just, just before we got married not knowing that I should not be marrying an unbeliever. Of course I was new to the faith. We moved a lot and it wasn't until we moved back to my hometown that I started going to church, but, it wasn't until I got severely ill that I started reading His word which wasn't until several years into being ill also because I was not able to read much. Which was about 8 years after my conversion, but, you see, God allowed a horrible suffering to draw me closer to him and for that I am thankful. I don't like the physical pain and suffering, but, the work/sanctification and the good that He has done in and through me, the growing in my relationship and faith in Him, for that I am so thankful to Him.

So, yes that is when I started to grow. We grow in our faith by hearing God's word. We cannot make anyone repent, whether it be for their justification in Jesus or their sanctification. When our spouses/children/family do not want to hear about God and His word the only thing we can do is pray for them and remember that God will do what He can to work in their lives to repent, then it is up to them whether they will or not.

Even when we make the choice to follow Him by marrying a believer it doesn't mean that things will go well or that all things will work out because we all have to pursue a personal relationship with Him. So, what do we do in a situation like your's or mine and with others where it is difficult? We continue to seek the Lord in His word, we continue to be in close communion with Him throughout the day and we meditate on His word, we listen to good teaching from Pastors who are teaching the whole counsel of His word. God loves you and now you need more than ever to make your relationship with Him the most important relationship.

Your husband will continue to do what He wants and no amount of you having a nervous break down will stop him and that is not what God wants for you.
He wants you to know Him and to trust Him and to trust Him with your life and your husband's life and your children's lives. I say this in love Mochamel. Continue to seek Him with your whole heart and He will heal you, He will comfort you and sustain you and even bring peace and joy in the midst of all of this.

DH and I have 3 adult boys, the oldest doesn't want to hear about God, the younger two did profess they we're saved, the youngest doesn't anymore and sadly we don't see the two youngest boys and our grandchildren. It hurts deeply and at times the pain can and does overwhelm me. Yet, I look back at all God has brought me through and how faithful He is and if I allow myself to think too much on them and their choices instead of God's word I can get so caught up in it that I am not walking in His peace and joy. Satan also is always trying to steal, kill and destroy so we also have to fight these battles with God's word. (Eph. 6: 10-18)

I see you mentioned you are not attending any church, are you listening to any teaching online? Do you know of any other Christian women you could fellowship with and study God's word?

I want to encourage you to let go of your marriage and give it to God, completely. You need to allow God to work in your life and allow Him to work in His. Don't worry about your marriage, He doesn't want you to worry remember, cast all your anxieties upon Him, that means throw them unto Him and leave them there. He doesn't want you to be scared and worry about what will happen or how things will turn out or how you will take care of yourself. He will take care of you and He is with you now and will always be with you, He will never leave you nor forsake you.

(Isaiah 43: 1-3)
"But now thus says the Lord,
he who created YOU, (Mochamel)O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine
When YOU pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.
For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."

Our HOPE, your hope is in God, not in anyone or anything else. Yes, we are promised suffering. God doesn't cause it and He doesn't like it but suffering is good in that it can bring transformation in our lives, it can rid us of the sin that keeps us enslaved to our fleshly desires and keep us looking for hope in all the wrong places. There is healing and freedom in God and His ways, there IS peace and joy and HOPE.

(Rom. 5: 3-5) "And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us."

In the book of Hebrews we are warned not to drift from the Word! (Heb. 2: 1-4) Because when we drift from the Word then we will also start to doubt the Word (Heb. 3: 7 - 4: 13). Before long we will get dull toward the Word (Heb. 5: 11 - 6: 20).

(Hebrews 6: 17-20) says:

Thus God, determining to show more abundantly to the heirs of promise the immutability of His counsel, confirmed it by an oath, that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us.

This hope we have as an anchor to the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil, where the forerunner has entered for us, even Jesus, having become High Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek."

Therefore, do not lose HOPE. Keep your eyes on Jesus.

(Heb. 4: 16)
"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."

:pray:hug

Last edited: