Post words with the same sound, different spelling.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Some of you slow people are not grasping the concept of words that sound alike. Case in point, “Cot and Caught”, the poster shall remain nameless, but we all know who it is.

Is cot a short o sound or a long o sound? It is a type of short O, the (ah) sound as in lot and shot.​

Just like caught.

Whoever the poster was who presented cot and caught as homophones knows what he/she is doing. I can't vouch for the Cajun pronunciation of those words, of course.

katt

Is cot a short o sound or a long o sound? It is a type of short O, the (ah) sound as in lot and shot.​

Just like caught.

Whoever the poster was who presented cot and caught as homophones knows what he/she is doing. I can't vouch for the Cajun pronunciation of those words, of course.
I've never pronounced the word caught as cot..or vice versa..am confused here..(can never find the scratching head emoji)...

katt

Think of h
I'm wondering how people pronounce the two if not the same. It's the same where I come from.
Think how cough is pronounced..then drop the GH and add a T..unless..one pronounces cough like cot.. without the t.... otherwise..I can't explain it..will try to figure out how to spell it the way I say it...will take a southern minute here...as I really have no clue how to do that...