1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post poll: President’s popularity plummeting among Israeli Jews

Discussion in 'Israel & Middle East News' started by Chris, May 18, 2017.

1. Chris

Chris The Grand Poobah Staff Member

Post poll: President’s popularity plummeting among Israeli Jews
    By Gil Hoffman
    May 18, 2017 21:12
    Only 56% of Jewish Israelis said they considered the Trump administration more pro-Israel than pro-Palestinian, down from 79% on January 11.
    US President Donald Trump delivers an statement about missile strikes on a Syrian airbase, at his Mar-a-Lago estate in West Palm Beach, Florida, US, April 6, 2017. (photo credit:REUTERS)

The percentage of Jewish Israelis who consider US President Donald Trump more pro-Israel than pro-Palestinian has taken a nosedive since his inauguration, according to a Smith Research poll published on Thursday and taken for The Jerusalem Post. The poll of 500 Israelis representing a statistical sample of the adult Jewish population found that, just days ahead of Trump’s arrival in the country, he will need to take steps to persuade Israelis that he is on their side.

Only 56% of Jewish Israelis said they considered the Trump administration more pro-Israel than pro-Palestinian, down from 79% on January 11. But the 23% of Israelis who no longer believe the administration is more pro-Israel did not shift to believing it is more pro-Palestinian. There was only a one percentage point increase in people who consider the administration to be more pro-Palestinian, rising from 3% to 4%.

more................http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Po...pularity-plummeting-among-Israeli-Jews-492184

2. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

I wonder if they get the same news as we get here?

Lord none of this surprises You. You saw it all happening long ago. Lord I pray for safety for Your People. And Lord I pray for Trump and the free world. Blessings are better than curses.