Post Dairy Farming, Walmart, Pride Month, & God Through It All

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
I am a Christian teacher in a public high School. Until two years ago I was completely brainwashed by the fake righteousness that comes with left side thinking.
Kmac714, how wonderful that God worked in your life in this way! It has been my prayer that teachers would come to Christ, your post encouraged me. :)

I would love to hear your testimony as to how this happened in your life. :nod

Also, what was the breakthrough moment that showed you the falsehood of the fake righteousness? Would you happen to have some advice on how to approach those trapped in this type of thinking for Christ? I understand that speaking the Word of God and sharing the Gospel is foundational......but, wondered if there is a particular approach that's helpful for the more liberal minded person.

ItIsFinished!

Not sure how Brother Stearman arrived at the meaning of insanity for xalepos. It actually means hard, violent, dangerous ... coming from a verb meaning "to oppress" or "to annoy." One noted Greek scholar gives it this meaning: "irksomely hard to bear); fiercely difficult to cope with because so harsh (even injurious)." I can only guess that he is tying it to Matthew 8:28 where it is used to describe the nature of the Gadarene demoniacs who are described as xalepoi —violent, dangerous— due to their demonic, maniacal nature. Clearly they were what we would call insane. So perhaps that is where he got the idea. The fact is, of course, that everyone who is not in Christ is not in their right mind. They cannot reason properly. Only those with the mind of Christ can think correctly.
Amen .

athenasius

I am a Christian teacher in a public high School. Until two years ago I was completely brainwashed by the fake righteousness that comes with left side thinking. It is very difficult when you love all of your students, as well as when you fear losing your job at every turn if you are supposedly ‘intolerant’ of others. Since being reborn I cannot tell you how often God has worked through me to touch the lives of so many struggling students. Like you, God put me in this position, awoke me and now wants me to lead by example. The heat was definitely on in the month of June. Last month all the teachers wore rainbow pins to school and then again during graduation and took a picture that is now hanging in the main office. One teacher who I have had a wonderful relationship with for 10 years came to me and gave me the ribbon despite my intentionally not going to her room to pick one up myself. I have to admit that although I did not wear the pin, I am ashamed that I made an excuse to skip the graduation altogether. I work with my students but when it comes to these types of situations I am afraid to oppose the left because often the other teachers are the ones who will fight for the removal of my position. I pray to God in there every day so I know he will protect me and hopefully I can be more bold when these times arise. Luckily I have a huge student population who know my heart, but would they actually make an effort to fight for me in this day and age when they are consistently hiding behind their devices? One day I know i will probably lose my job because I will not betray my father to openly support the enemy. For now I am right where he wants me...
Both you, and Maryrae have my utmost praise for what you do in difficult circumstances. You both are placed by God exactly where you are FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS as Mordecai reminded Esther.

I think there is wisdom in avoiding trouble IF you can. Esther didn't immediately tell her new husband the king, that she was a Jew, a follower of God. And God directed her thru that whole time.

The day comes when we all must stand up and be counted, BUT the Bible also counsels us to be wise as Proverbs 22:3 and Proverbs 27:12 remind us. Whenever the Bible repeats something, in this case word for word here in the NKJV, it's super important.

Proverbs 22:3 New King James Version (NKJV)

3 A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself,
But the simple pass on and are punished.

Proverbs 27:12 New King James Version (NKJV)

12 A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself;
The simple pass on and are punished.

Jesus sends us out with the warning to be wise as serpents and gentle as doves. Because we are going out in the middle of wolves. AS SHEEP!

Matthew 10:16 New King James Version (NKJV)
Persecutions Are Coming
16 “Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.

Both you and Maryrae are in difficult work situations where you must exercise the wisdom from above which is a peaceable wisdom, not looking for a fight, but trying wherever possible to live in peace.

James 3:17-18 New King James Version (NKJV)
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. 18 Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

And we are commanded, if it is at all possible to live in peace with others. Of course when they demand that we tell them who we serve and what we think, we tell the truth, but till that time, we are definitely to work as long as we can, in the places God puts us for the Kingdom of Heaven and our Lord and Master Jesus Christ. When they force the issue and we stand up and are counted, God will take us thru that too.

Romans 12:18 New King James Version (NKJV)
18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.

The problem is that the LGBTQ etc lobby refuses to just let people have different opinions on things. They can't tolerate us, calling US the intolerant ones, when we live at peace, and they demand that we stop just tolerating them, we must agree publicly with them, and celebrate their sin.

Tolerance doesn't cut both ways according to them. But when we have lived in peace, prior to their war on us, we actually retain the high ground and our testimony continues before all that we are blameless and without reproach. When they go to battle against us, they are shown for what they are. And others then have to choose whose side are they on.

In that time God promises us something:

Matthew 10:18-20 New King James Version (NKJV)
18 You will be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles. 19 But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak; 20 for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.

and that passage is repeated but BOTH say WHEN they deliver you up, not IF, but When and I think we are coming close to the WHEN again, just as we faced back in the beginning of the church age.

Luke 12:11-12 New King James Version (NKJV)
11 “Now when they bring you to the synagogues and magistrates and authorities, do not worry about how or what you should answer, or what you should say. 12 For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.”

ItIsFinished!

Both you, and Maryrae have my utmost praise for what you do in difficult circumstances. You both are placed by God exactly where you are FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS as Mordecai reminded Esther.

I think there is wisdom in avoiding trouble IF you can. Esther didn't immediately tell her new husband the king, that she was a Jew, a follower of God. And God directed her thru that whole time.

The day comes when we all must stand up and be counted, BUT the Bible also counsels us to be wise as Proverbs 22:3 and Proverbs 27:12 remind us. Whenever the Bible repeats something, in this case word for word here in the NKJV, it's super important.

Proverbs 22:3 New King James Version (NKJV)

3 A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself,
But the simple pass on and are punished.

Proverbs 27:12 New King James Version (NKJV)

12 A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself;
The simple pass on and are punished.

Jesus sends us out with the warning to be wise as serpents and gentle as doves. Because we are going out in the middle of wolves. AS SHEEP!

Matthew 10:16 New King James Version (NKJV)
Persecutions Are Coming
16 “Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.

Both you and Maryrae are in difficult work situations where you must exercise the wisdom from above which is a peaceable wisdom, not looking for a fight, but trying wherever possible to live in peace.

James 3:17-18 New King James Version (NKJV)
17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. 18 Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

And we are commanded, if it is at all possible to live in peace with others. Of course when they demand that we tell them who we serve and what we think, we tell the truth, but till that time, we are definitely to work as long as we can, in the places God puts us for the Kingdom of Heaven and our Lord and Master Jesus Christ. When they force the issue and we stand up and are counted, God will take us thru that too.

Romans 12:18 New King James Version (NKJV)
18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.

The problem is that the LGBTQ etc lobby refuses to just let people have different opinions on things. They can't tolerate us, calling US the intolerant ones, when we live at peace, and they demand that we stop just tolerating them, we must agree publicly with them, and celebrate their sin.

Tolerance doesn't cut both ways according to them. But when we have lived in peace, prior to their war on us, we actually retain the high ground and our testimony continues before all that we are blameless and without reproach. When they go to battle against us, they are shown for what they are. And others then have to choose whose side are they on.

In that time God promises us something:

Matthew 10:18-20 New King James Version (NKJV)
18 You will be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles. 19 But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak; 20 for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.

and that passage is repeated but BOTH say WHEN they deliver you up, not IF, but When and I think we are coming close to the WHEN again, just as we faced back in the beginning of the church age.

Luke 12:11-12 New King James Version (NKJV)
11 “Now when they bring you to the synagogues and magistrates and authorities, do not worry about how or what you should answer, or what you should say. 12 For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.”
Great post sister.

dreamermind

Thank you for sharing. It only makes us stronger together knowing we’re not alone walking through the fire.