Post Dairy Farming, Walmart, Pride Month, & God Through It All

maryrae

Hi all,
I had written on RF about my DH and I going out of the dairy business, and subsequent job searches, ending up where I am now...working @ Walmart. Fast forward to the present.
I have had, and still have times when I question my Father as to WHY He allowed all this to happen, starting with the big catalyst...retiring from dairy farming. Most times, I find that I just can't see past my nose!

Walmart Canada supports the LGBTQ lifestyle. Although they do not have public info up about it at our store, June came along and Pride Flags are all over employee areas. Our store Manager is a person involved in that lifestyle. This past Friday, the managers of the various departments were handing out Pride pins and bracelets. The manager approached myself and another employee(who happens to be a JW) and myself. The JW flatly refused one and I was asked if I had one, or was I okay. I declined by saying "I'm okay". There were 3 of us Christians who declined and the JW. Later on, in our staff lounge I heard a remark to the effect that it was too bad some of the older ones refused to wear anything/support the lifestyle.
That night, I had a rough night. The Enemy attacked through some nightmares, so much that I woke my husband up and asked to be held. I also prayed that God would protect my mind and I eventually fell asleep.
Yesterday morning, before work, I implored the Lord to help me be at my best, do my work well, and He answered! I know I may be watched closer, and I so want to shine the love of Jesus in a dark place. The management has been very good to me, as I try to be at my best for them, but with this new wrinkle, I just wanted God to shine through more, too. I believe He did.
Today at church, I felt that he Lord opened the curtain a bit more as to WHY, He has placed me where I am.
We have just recently had our pastor move on to start pastoring another congregation, so we had a guest speaker. Guess what his sermon title was?
"Somebody's Watching Me"!!!!!! He spoke on Christians being people of influence wherever we find ourselves. He gave a list of Scriptures for us to ponder, as well, he expounded on them. Being a person of influence, an example, is not an option. I will make an impact on those I meet. I need to be authentic and consistent.
I felt like I had just received my marching orders from the Lord, as well as SO much encouragement that HE has me where He wants me.I praise the Lord that His eye is continually on the righteous!

Emmajw

I can understand your struggles. Lately, with all the pro abortion stuff going on & the LGBT, too, people are deceived everywhere. Sometimes I can hardly believe how mixed up & evil this world has become. I DO think you should be an example! Just keep planting the seed and hopefully some will take root.

LisaJoe1986

I just listened to an "Understanding the Times" radio broadcast from August. Gary Stearman was on and he was discussing what the word "perilous" meant from 2 Timothy. He actually said it means "insanity". So we are living in times of insanity. I can believe that. Also, I have read that "scoffers " in 2 Peter 3 means ambassadors. These people who scoff are also advocates for the opposing ideas and want to persuade anyone else to believe what they believe. It is hard not to believe we are living in the last days. Stay strong. You may have a mission field you have been called to at Wal-Mart. May God bless you in your endeavors to reach your co-workers!

Anewcreationinjesus

:pray .... ing for all brothers and sisters in tough job situations...that's a great testimony, Maryrae, there must be those around you who God is using you to sow seeds...

The Lord knows, I hope for the rapture every day, but should my circumstances change I may need to go back into office work myself...

Last edited:

Anewcreationinjesus

I just listened to an "Understanding the Times" radio broadcast from August. Gary Stearman was on and he was discussing what the word "perilous" meant from 2 Timothy. He actually said it means "insanity". So we are living in times of insanity. I can believe that. Also, I have read that "scoffers " in 2 Peter 3 means ambassadors. These people who scoff are also advocates for the opposing ideas and want to persuade anyone else to believe what they believe. It is hard not to believe we are living in the last days. Stay strong. You may have a mission field you have been called to at Wal-Mart. May God bless you in your endeavors to reach your co-workers!
Yes...that was interesting info re the meaning of perilous, I'd never heard that before :) It truly is insanity, and may the Lord use us to reach those around us re seeds sown, for the last to come into the church before the blessed hope becomes reality...

maryrae

Last weekend was their "celebration" at our store, and due to scheduling & time off, I was the only employee of the 4 of us who refused to take part in anything, who worked. I was NOT looking forward to being the Enemy's target. Well, I can tell you without reservation and with all assurance, God was with me!! Some of the many things he did was to remind me of Scripture that showed with God, I am more than conqueror, I need not fear, etc...so much encouragement from the written Word. A friend messaged me some encouraging words from her devotional that Saturday, and I had asked people to pray for me. I knew beyond a doubt that I was safely hidden in the hollow of God's Hand. It was not an easy time for me, because there was some animosity shown, but it was sure a growing time in my relationship with my Heavenly Father.
Thank you to all who prayed!

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure how Brother Stearman arrived at the meaning of insanity for xalepos. It actually means hard, violent, dangerous ... coming from a verb meaning "to oppress" or "to annoy." One noted Greek scholar gives it this meaning: "irksomely hard to bear); fiercely difficult to cope with because so harsh (even injurious)." I can only guess that he is tying it to Matthew 8:28 where it is used to describe the nature of the Gadarene demoniacs who are described as xalepoi —violent, dangerous— due to their demonic, maniacal nature. Clearly they were what we would call insane. So perhaps that is where he got the idea. The fact is, of course, that everyone who is not in Christ is not in their right mind. They cannot reason properly. Only those with the mind of Christ can think correctly.

Luke12

Hi all,
I had written on RF about my DH and I going out of the dairy business, and subsequent job searches, ending up where I am now...working @ Walmart. Fast forward to the present.
I have had, and still have times when I question my Father as to WHY He allowed all this to happen, starting with the big catalyst...retiring from dairy farming. Most times, I find that I just can't see past my nose!

Walmart Canada supports the LGBTQ lifestyle. Although they do not have public info up about it at our store, June came along and Pride Flags are all over employee areas. Our store Manager is a person involved in that lifestyle. This past Friday, the managers of the various departments were handing out Pride pins and bracelets. The manager approached myself and another employee(who happens to be a JW) and myself. The JW flatly refused one and I was asked if I had one, or was I okay. I declined by saying "I'm okay". There were 3 of us Christians who declined and the JW. Later on, in our staff lounge I heard a remark to the effect that it was too bad some of the older ones refused to wear anything/support the lifestyle.
That night, I had a rough night. The Enemy attacked through some nightmares, so much that I woke my husband up and asked to be held. I also prayed that God would protect my mind and I eventually fell asleep.
Yesterday morning, before work, I implored the Lord to help me be at my best, do my work well, and He answered! I know I may be watched closer, and I so want to shine the love of Jesus in a dark place. The management has been very good to me, as I try to be at my best for them, but with this new wrinkle, I just wanted God to shine through more, too. I believe He did.
Today at church, I felt that he Lord opened the curtain a bit more as to WHY, He has placed me where I am.
We have just recently had our pastor move on to start pastoring another congregation, so we had a guest speaker. Guess what his sermon title was?
"Somebody's Watching Me"!!!!!! He spoke on Christians being people of influence wherever we find ourselves. He gave a list of Scriptures for us to ponder, as well, he expounded on them. Being a person of influence, an example, is not an option. I will make an impact on those I meet. I need to be authentic and consistent.
I felt like I had just received my marching orders from the Lord, as well as SO much encouragement that HE has me where He wants me.I praise the Lord that His eye is continually on the righteous!
Maryrae,
I found this posting just now and decided to reply. I totally believe in Divine appointments and He will not give us anything that we cannot handle. It's interesting that you mentioned Walmart. I was at a Walmart this morning when I noticed a man who seemed familiar to me. I asked if his name was "so and so" and he replied that yes he was. Turns out that I worked with him 15 years ago but that he had moved to Florida where he lived for 15 years then apparently he moved back to Delaware where I live. Anyway, he is Jewish and we went on talking for about 45 minutes about this and that and the worlds problems, etc. He told me he went to high school with Benjamin Netanyahu in the 60's at Cheltenham High school a suburb of Philly.
We exchanged contact info and we went on our way.
Since I am a supporter of Israel this blew me away. I'm saying all that because I believe God knows EXACTLY where we are at the moment and what will bless us or what will challenge us. Me personally, I've been through lots and lots of problems and challenges but at the end of the day I realize it's God telling me that this is not my home...……… Bill

maryrae

Maryrae,
I found this posting just now and decided to reply. I totally believe in Divine appointments and He will not give us anything that we cannot handle. It's interesting that you mentioned Walmart. I was at a Walmart this morning when I noticed a man who seemed familiar to me. I asked if his name was "so and so" and he replied that yes he was. Turns out that I worked with him 15 years ago but that he had moved to Florida where he lived for 15 years then apparently he moved back to Delaware where I live. Anyway, he is Jewish and we went on talking for about 45 minutes about this and that and the worlds problems, etc. He told me he went to high school with Benjamin Netanyahu in the 60's at Cheltenham High school a suburb of Philly.
We exchanged contact info and we went on our way.
Since I am a supporter of Israel this blew me away. I'm saying all that because I believe God knows EXACTLY where we are at the moment and what will bless us or what will challenge us. Me personally, I've been through lots and lots of problems and challenges but at the end of the day I realize it's God telling me that this is not my home...……… Bill
That is SO cool!
I am more & more convinced as I walk with the Lord, that He knows exactly where He wants me, and that I will be so blessed just to lean into Him & trust His leadership and guidance. I just need so much wisdom & help to be able to do what needs to be done! I know that He will supply that, too.

Traci

Father, give Maryrae the wisdom to know when to engage people in conversations that will bring glory to Your Name. Help her witness to be powerful so that others will see the truth of Your life in her and will want to taste and see that You are good.

maryrae

Father, give Maryrae the wisdom to know when to engage people in conversations that will bring glory to Your Name. Help her witness to be powerful so that others will see the truth of Your life in her and will want to taste and see that You are good.
Amen! Thank you Traci!

Proud of you Maryrae!
Thank you, Steve, for your kind words. Really, any Glory goes to God alone. He is the One who "makes my feet like hind's feet" so that I can somehow make my way along a sometimes rocky path.

Kem

Citizen
Praying for you Maryrae and thanking you for this post. So often I feel like I live such a little life and have so little that I can do for the Lord but this is an encouragement that people are watching and we can glorify our Lord and reflect Him even in mundane daily lives. :hug

Kmac714

I am a Christian teacher in a public high School. Until two years ago I was completely brainwashed by the fake righteousness that comes with left side thinking. It is very difficult when you love all of your students, as well as when you fear losing your job at every turn if you are supposedly ‘intolerant’ of others. Since being reborn I cannot tell you how often God has worked through me to touch the lives of so many struggling students. Like you, God put me in this position, awoke me and now wants me to lead by example. The heat was definitely on in the month of June. Last month all the teachers wore rainbow pins to school and then again during graduation and took a picture that is now hanging in the main office. One teacher who I have had a wonderful relationship with for 10 years came to me and gave me the ribbon despite my intentionally not going to her room to pick one up myself. I have to admit that although I did not wear the pin, I am ashamed that I made an excuse to skip the graduation altogether. I work with my students but when it comes to these types of situations I am afraid to oppose the left because often the other teachers are the ones who will fight for the removal of my position. I pray to God in there every day so I know he will protect me and hopefully I can be more bold when these times arise. Luckily I have a huge student population who know my heart, but would they actually make an effort to fight for me in this day and age when they are consistently hiding behind their devices? One day I know i will probably lose my job because I will not betray my father to openly support the enemy. For now I am right where he wants me...